Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take care of yourself! Off topic thread

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

Eph1958 wrote: »
    Daenarys, My sympathies on your recent sad loss. I hope with time, as the grief subsides, you will find some peace and personal satisfaction for the countless hours of selflessness you gave in your caring. Perhaps, in your new stage of life, you may find some contentment and, dare I say it?, even some happiness. Best wishes.

Eph.

Thank you Eph. I hope so too - fingers crossed, thanks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

These events never leave us, they mark us, and we have the power to decide whether we draw strength from it or succumb to it.
    Having been involved in nursing people to their passing, both professionally and in my personal life, it's always hard and rather than letting it thicken my skin, rather than let it desensitise me to the people around me and how I cope with my own emotions, I took it on board and used it to help family and colleagues going through similar stress.
    We've said it before to others posting in this forum, the experience you gain from going through such a difficult time with a loved one is an invaluable resource and helping others with advice is something great you can take from the experience.
    Sometimes it is simply enough to know there are others out there who have been through the struggle, the hard days and nights, and helped someone in their most vulnerable days to hang on to their dignity, it is enough to know that you, as a carer, have survived and that they too will also survive the ordeal and emerge from the other end, changed yes but also having grown.
    If people around you don't get that it's their loss.

Advertisement