Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Order

Options
  • 22-12-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi , I am at work at the moment so I can't call BOI. I cancelled a Standing Order on my 365 Online last month . I made a payment to the Gym on the 17th November and got an injury so had to take time off so I cancelled the S.O. around the 20th November in order to make sure I wouldn't be charged on the 17th of December.  I received a letter in the post on Friday 19th December to say that I missed a Gym Standing Order payment and that I would most likely be getting a charge for missing the payment. 

I then went online to check and saw that in the Manage Accounts section.. my Standing Order was still Active. So I cancelled it again and like before it confirmed that it had been 'permanently deleted' . I logged out and logged on a few hours later and the S.O. was still active. I was charged €12.70 for missing the 'payment' . And even now when I am logging back in, the Gym Standing Order is still Active. I am wondering how can I be refunded the 12.70 and also the standing order cancelled since it was obviously a problem with the online system wrongfully telling me it was cancelled last month and now I have incurred a fee which I shouldn't have.

Thank you and Kind regards,

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi jadeness.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear of the recent difficulty you encountered while trying to cancel a standing order on your account.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]When you make this request type online, the status of the standing order will not change to cancelled until the following working day.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]In order for us to investigate this for you, please contact Bank of Ireland365 on 0818 365 365 / 003531 4044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We hope this is resolved for you promptly.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Laura[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jadeness

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi jadeness.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear of the recent difficulty you encountered while trying to cancel a standing order on your account.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]When you make this request type online, the status of the standing order will not change to cancelled until the following working day.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]In order for us to investigate this for you, please contact Bank of Ireland365 on 0818 365 365 / 003531 4044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]We hope this is resolved for you promptly.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Laura[/font]
    Hi Laura

Thank you for the reply 

Kind regards
    jade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

You're very welcome jadeness.

If we can assist you with anything further, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
    Laura

Advertisement