Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand on lawns

• 22-12-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

I have a bag of (damp) paving sand - the stuff you put between the paving stones - that I was going to get rid of. I was just wondering if it could be used on a lawn - spread by hand. Any benefit or harm to the lawn. Would I need to aerate the ground first? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

wait4me wrote: »
    I have a bag of (damp) paving sand - the stuff you put between the paving stones - that I was going to get rid of. I was just wondering if it could be used on a lawn - spread by hand. Any benefit or harm to the lawn. Would I need to aerate the ground first? Thanks
    Store it and keep it for your paving, you're going to need it in a couple of years time when the weeds start to grow between the paving and you'll need to power wash out the old sand and grit and brush in the new stuff.

Advertisement