Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance

Options
  • 22-12-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm new to this and I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place but it seemed the best fit.
    If it should be moved could someone tell me where to?

A few months ago my girlfriend and I found out that we are going to have a baby. He/she will be born roughly at the start of July.

I was just wondering what kind of assistance we can get benefits wise?

I'm 21 in 3rd year in college and I start a 6 month work placement (paid) in January and I still currently live at home.

My girlfriend is a little older, is unemployed (currently looking for employment) and is from the Netherlands and is currently living with a friend here.

We are currently looking at finding an apartment for ourselves and were just wondering what sort of benefits we would be entitled to just to help us along because we know this will be more difficult than we can imagine so any little extra would help at the moment.

Thank you for taking time to read this and any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

http://centres.citizensinformation.ie/

Make an appointment with your local citizens advice centre. They should be able to let you know your entitlements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You may not get rent allowance due to changes saying you have to already be in a place beforehand.

Social welfare wise, she will get €29.60 per week extra for the child
    She also gets €130 per month children's allowance whether she works or not.

Have she registered with a gp and hospital for the birth.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ZionandGaz

You may not get rent allowance due to changes saying you have to already be in a place beforehand.

Social welfare wise, she will get €29.60 per week extra for the child
    She also gets €130 per month children's allowance whether she works or not.

Have she registered with a gp and hospital for the birth.?

Thank you guys for your help. Starting to realise rent allowance isn't going to be much help. Most places look like they wont take it.

Not as of yet. Once my girlfriend is back after Christmas will get sorted. We were originally waiting for a recommendation on a GP

Advertisement