Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soya Protein

• 22-12-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Were after getting a new S&C programme for gaelic football and its being reccomended that we take whey protein to recover.
    however whey proetin is quite expensive for a student like me but i saw soya protein on holland and barret website.
    just wondering does anybody know if this is as good as whey protein. is it worth the buy or should i not bother with it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Whey and soya protein works out at generally the same price? so if its just a price issue get whey.

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,670 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

^^^

OP, it will be more expensive in most bricks and mortar shops. Way cheaper online.

Check out the likes of TheProteinWorks and BulkPowders as well but MyProtein tends to be less expensive. But look out for deals on the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

i would research the effects of pytoestrogens in Soy products before considering taking them. Not a good thing for a male to take .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I think they were all disproven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

you could be right. but I do know that soya is high in phytoestrogens, so I assume anything derived from it probably is also. I know they do not recommend men to drink soy milk when trying for children, that's all. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement