Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Classes in Dublin?

• 22-12-2014 3:33pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone done any cookery classes in Dublin or know any good ones? I've seen a few that are demonstration but I'd like to go and actually learn to cook by doing. Hoping for something in the evenings once a week for a while. I'd consider anything but would love to do asian cookery most.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Zascar wrote: »
    Has anyone done any cookery classes in Dublin or know any good ones? I've seen a few that are demonstration but I'd like to go and actually learn to cook by doing. Hoping for something in the evenings once a week for a while. I'd consider anything but would love to do asian cookery most.

I think Camile thai takeaway do classes!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

There's a school on drury st that I believe offer classes.

Edit: Correction, sth williams st.

http://www.cooksacademy.com/Search/?q=asian

Looks like a couple of options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I second the Cooks Academy. I've taken some of their courses and generally find them quite good. They run quite a few courses which focus on Asian cuisine, some of which I'm hoping to do next year.

One word of warning though, I find you are better off booking the four week course rather than the one off evening class, as you may not like the dish they plan for that particular class. I always found the longer duration courses to be better value for money. Keep an on the website, they sometimes have offers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Daisy78 wrote: »

One word of warning though, I find you are better off booking the four week course rather than the one off evening class, as you may not like the dish they plan for that particular class. I always found the longer duration courses to be better value for money. Keep an on the website, they sometimes have offers on.

I agree with this comment - I've booked the four week and once off classes and found that I got much better value from the four week because I knew my way round the kitchen and utensils gradually rather than spending a load of time during the once off class trying to find things...much more variety in dishes as well as Daisy says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I did a one day course in the Cooks Academy & found it great in general, except for the fact that one of the ingredients they used on a vegetarian cooking course wasn't vegetarian :rolleyes: other than that I enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

any cheaper ones for total beginners in Dublin guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

GeneralC wrote: »
    Looks to be lots of results on google but none in premises I've personal experience of.
    Tbh for the absolute beginner I'd recommend a good basic cookbook and working through it. Jamie Olivers Ministry of Food is great for the basics.
    To get the best out of classes you'd want a ground level of basic skills, chopping etc that only come from practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GeneralC wrote: »

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

Check this site out. Classes are in Hartstown Dublin.

http://members.upc.ie/tania.cahill/hcc/wednesday.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

jimfinoc wrote: »
    Check this site out. Classes are in Hartstown Dublin.

http://members.upc.ie/tania.cahill/hcc/wednesday.htm

€90 for two hours!!!! I have to revise my pricing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

Think if you read the information, you will find that the €90 covers 10 nights.!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,683 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

any authentic pizza courses on around Dublin? I know that school in D12 somewhere do dont think they do what I'm after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I did one in Crumlin College (after giving up on chefing, it was the pits!).

180e for 10 weeks IIRC (1 class/week) pretty fun class.
    Had to buy my own ingredients though.

Advertisement