Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom not fulfilling contract - how to cancel the contract?

Options
  • 22-12-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

In June 2014 we switched to efibre and had quite some technical issues with our broadband and television due to a technical problem. At the time of closing the contract we were told that we could move the contract without any issue.

We have moved house 3 weeks ago and informed Eircom prior to this. We moved to an area where there is no efibre available. There was no follow up on this from Eircom, I had to remind them a number of times to send us the equipment (modem) for the broadband. We still have not received this.

After almost 3 weeks the landline is not working and there is still no broadband. We had numerous phone calls about our issues and feel that we have been ignored, or we seem to be dealing with a complete disjointed organization.

I consider this is a breach of the contract and will request the contract to be cancelled.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

In June 2014 we switched to efibre and had quite some technical issues with our broadband and television due to a technical problem. At the time of closing the contract we were told that we could move the contract without any issue.

We have moved house 3 weeks ago and informed Eircom prior to this. We moved to an area where there is no efibre available. There was no follow up on this from Eircom, I had to remind them a number of times to send us the equipment (modem) for the broadband. We still have not received this.

After almost 3 weeks the landline is not working and there is still no broadband. We had numerous phone calls about our issues and feel that we have been ignored, or we seem to be dealing with a complete disjointed organization.

I consider this is a breach of the contract and will request the contract to be cancelled.
    Hello Pieterblurb

If you would like to contest a contract you will need to lodge an official complaint which will be sent for investigated where upon compeltion you are contacted on eircoms position in relation to your objection. To lodge an official complaint please contact complaints on free phone 1901.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have having in establishing a connection at your new premises, the best advice I can offer is to speak with the moving house team on free phone 1901 although I do recommend webchat here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pieterblurb

Unfortunately we also signed up for emobile. Service is also appalling. Data stopped working and no one seems to be able to help. How can I get out of this contract? What happens if i just stop paying? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Unfortunately we also signed up for emobile. Service is also appalling. Data stopped working and no one seems to be able to help. How can I get out of this contract? What happens if i just stop paying? 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Pieterblurb

I'm sorry to hear of the Data issues, this will require a call 1800690000. If you would like to contest contract you will also need to lodge an official complaint with emobile on that number too. I would not recommend just stop paying bills as the duration of the contract will remain to be charged or sought by emobile.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement