Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Developed My Apartment Block?

Options
  • 22-12-2014 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Can you tell me if there is any online resource which shows who developed certain apartment blocks in Dublin?

I am trying to find out who developed my apartment block, without asking the building's management company or anyone related to the building.

Any websites that do this, or DCC etc?

I suspect that the developers are tied to the management agent, and want to generally learn more about who is who; are the building directors related to the agent etc. I was not a member of the apartment block when the management agent was chosen, and so want to educate myself around the relations between the management company and management agent. Suspect proper tenders for services were not put out, but before I dig any further, I need to know who is who!

Want to start by finding out who built the building!

Any help advice appreciated, and thanks in advance.

NZC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It would all have been on your initial contracts at time of purchase.

Other than that, the developer would have submitted the planning application to the local authority so you could look that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nozipcode

Thanks Paul... local authority would be Dublin City Council? The building is in Dublin CC

Planning applications and approvals should be online. But, the application may be a few years before building started. I know my place was finished in 2006, but the planning application was 2002.

Yeah, if you live in a Dublin city council area (for local elections and such), then it would be Dublin city council planning to search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

As above search by map on DCC is fairly easy to do this. There will be scanned docs of the application.

It would be unlikely for the directors to be related to the managing agent as the directors need to live in the development.

Other thing you could do is do a company search on the managing agent with the companies registration Office. Think that cost a couple of euro.

Have a look at the MUD act also, it prevents alot of what you are concerned about.

Doop wrote: »
    It would be unlikely for the directors to be related to the managing agent as the directors need to live in the development.

Not if the developers have still retained control and not handed over the management company to the members.

Also, in many developments, there is no clause forcing a director to be a resident of the development, nor even a member of the management company.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Paulw wrote: »
    It would all have been on your initial contracts at time of purchase.

Other than that, the developer would have submitted the planning application to the local authority so you could look that up.

A lot of developers would have sold planning permissions. Currently working on a project that got planning 4 years ago by one developer but is being developed by someone else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

godtabh wrote: »
    A lot of developers would have sold planning permissions. Currently working on a project that got planning 4 years ago by one developer but is being developed by someone else.

Ditto- work on one here in Lucan (Rokeby Park- named after the second owner of Lucan Demesne back in 1342- long before Sarsfield came along) has been through 5 different developers, NAMA twice, recently reclaimed by Michael O'Flynn from an American Vulture fund........ The site itself most recently cost 30 million- and O'Flynn is spending 40 million on 70 homes there- which he proposes to sell at between 600 and 700k (aka they are viewed as more desireable than the neighbouring Laraghcon estate- but the Laraghcon prices will probably set the prices there.......

The plans on file for this development- include the plans for 1 house which was built and subsequently demolished (aside from Laraghcon House itself- which kids from the estate next door in their infinite wisdom decided to burn down).........

Along with everything else- and particularly in the current climate- make sure any plans you find on file- are the most recent ones- its entirely possible, and in areas, probable- that the plans may have undergone numerous iterations since they were first filed/granted PP..........

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

the only plans you are likely to find are planning files which would not resemble anything like what was built

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

With the council, try to get copies of the commencement notice. However, this may list the construction contractor, not the developer.

Do a Google search for "________ developed by" where "________" is the development name. Try it with and without the quotation marks.
    godtabh wrote: »
    the only plans you are likely to find are planning files which would not resemble anything like what was built
    But the OP wants to know who, not what.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What is the issue with contacting the Management Company (or an owner occupier or someone similar- who will know)? I know the OP has stated they don't want to- just wondering- why? It seems like going to a whole lot of trouble- when the information is readily available out there........

• Advertisement
Advertisement