Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backseat moderation?

Options
  • 22-12-2014 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

I've just received a one week ban for 'backseat moderation':confused: from k9.
    No post quoted, no warning given, just a straight ban for one week.
    This comes after being called a 'mong' on thread by another poster.

I'm requesting that this ban is reversed as it seems most unfair in my view.

Regards,
    Tinker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Tinkersbell

the first step of this process as laid out above is for you to contact the mods and try to resolve it between you both.
    When you have attempted to do so please let me know and I'll start the ball rolling here, first thing I will need from you though will be a copy of the PM exchange - just forward it via PM to me.

Cheers
    Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Taltos wrote: »
    Hi Tinkersbell

the first step of this process as laid out above is for you to contact the mods and try to resolve it between you both.
    When you have attempted to do so please let me know and I'll start the ball rolling here, first thing I will need from you though will be a copy of the PM exchange - just forward it via PM to me.

Cheers
    Taltos

Hi,
    I've sent the PM I received from k9 to you.
    I did reply to his PM but can't find it in my sent folder:confused: and he didn't respond even though as far as I can see he was still online at the time.
    There was no warning given by this mod although when I log out I can see how he's listed a few of my posts on thread and then made the point that I've been banned.
    He seems to be well able to discuss his moderation in thread himself.

Regards,
    Tinker.

Hi

this is the default message issued when a ban is assigned.
    As you indicate above you have sent a PM to the mod in question, as the ban was issued today though we need to give it a few days before we move the DR forwards as more often than not the issue is resolved between the mod and poster where time and understanding is provided.

For the moment I will place this DR on hold, as until the first stage is completed (and we give it enough time) a DR is premature.

Taltos

OP any update on how the discussion with the mod is going?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement