Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 22-12-14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

If I'm having trouble sleeping I'll put that on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Santa Foley busy somewhere else I'm guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Think Austin needs to show up and stunner that santa like he did another santa a few years back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

*Hick*

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/547169952143126529

and Wyatt vs Ambrose in a Street Fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

rovert wrote: »
    and Wyatt vs Ambrose in a Street Fight

Ah, was hoping they would fight in a No Holds Barred or No DQ match.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, was hoping they would fight in a No Holds Barred or No DQ match.

They are running through every stipulation in WWE 2K15 so I am sure they will get round to it. The final match at the Rumble will probably be a singles match knowing WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm awake, might as well stay awake and watch.

jeez Cena is still going with the "ahhhh i don't mind the boos" line. pfft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just piss off Cena, I'd love for Hogan even just to drop him at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Seth Rollins is money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh just let Seth Rollins speak for the entire night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He puts over younger talent guys.

I really hate Cena going over guys like Rollins all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Being honest, one thing I hate more is how weak they make Rollins look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Big show is a god awful heel. and face. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Jeez WWE are in a sad sorry state at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I am so happy to see Roddy Piper tonight. One of the highlights of my year was meeting him finally.

I am so happy to see Roddy Piper tonight. One of the highlights of my year was meeting him finally.

I got put in the sleeper by him :D Made my year:D:D

Maybe you were the guy next to me in the queue. Did you see him at the show in Cyprus Avenue?

Maybe you were the guy next to me in the queue. Did you see him at the show in Cyprus Avenue?

No I saw him in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Big match John, found a way to win again.

He always does JBL, he always does. *sigh*

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Man, that was a great ending to Raw last week"

"yeah....now how can we make it redundant as quickly as possible..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Seriously, beyond a joke at this stage. The WWE has taken the 2 most talented guys they have on their roster and reduced them to nothing.

Please get Bray Wyatt off my TV (or at least away from decent superstars) as quickly as possible, because ive seen everything he has to offer on repeat every week since he started. Dean Ambrose has been absolutely ruined from those 3 months working with him, where he had been the most over face, opening and closing every raw before him.

Honestly, why have Rollins lose week after week to Cena, looking weak every time. I thought they'd be going with Cena v Rollins at mania, but clearly not now. Looks like Rollins v Ambrose after all, but its a bit of a nothing feud now with their respective booking.

Whoever is in charge of this booking needs to go immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Reigns is booked like God.

Rollins and Ambrose jobbed out week after week.

It's such slipshod, awful and unsubtle booking it's going to blow up in their faces so badly.

This company never learn from its mistakes. It's infuriating.

So much talent and so much of it wasted or booked into oblivion. I haven't even gotten to the likes of Cesaro, Paige, Emma, and many others.

At least Ziggler is on form. Just wait til Reigns tosses him out in 6 seconds in the Rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I understand why they keep having Cena win, from WWE point of view. They don't want him to look weak before facing Lesnar, as if that was possible. Doesn't make it any better though. Unless we get the payoff from Rollins pinning Cena right after he gets the title from Brock.

I find it funny that it wasn't long ago when Cena had to fight Ambrose for an opportunity to face Rollins.

Rollins vs Reigns is a WM Main Event i hadn't even thought of , Like could you imagine Lesnar beating Cena and then heyman screwing Lesnar ? Its not like it hasn't happened before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Reigns is booked like God.

Rollins and Ambrose jobbed out week after week.

It's such slipshod, awful and unsubtle booking it's going to blow up in their faces so badly.

This company never learn from its mistakes. It's infuriating.

So much talent and so much of it wasted or booked into oblivion. I haven't even gotten to the likes of Cesaro, Paige, Emma, and many others.

At least Ziggler is on form. Just wait til Reigns tosses him out in 6 seconds in the Rumble.

Sure didn't he do that last year:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The booking in WWE and layout of the show is in a "1 step forward, 5 steps back" situation. For every positive thing that happens, there is about 5 negatives things to boot.

The format of Raw is hard to watch. Ad breaks every 5-10 mins makes it hard to find a rhythm viewing the show.

The commentary team is awful, there is no realism in anything they say. Everything they say is scripted and feels very un natural thus making it hard to listen to. I cant warm to any of the team. Michael is irritating, Lawler is waaay out dated and JBL phones it in every week.

The promos of each wrestler is waay to scripted. I think the word for word dialogue that is written for each guy makes it all feel very fake and un natural just like the commentating. Why they changed from giving a guy a general direction to go in as opposed to a word for word script to memorise is setting back most guys mic work. No one seems to speak from the heart or back up there character with some of there own personality bar a few.

The booking is very counter productive. You can tell there is not much long term planning in anything they do, rather everything is bundled together within a week or less. No character apart from a set few have any long term vision.

3 weeks ago Fandango was repackaged a bit, re vamped even. within 2 weeks he was squashed by Reigns. Last night I couldnt care less about him winning because he looked so weak.

Doplh Ziggler is starting to find his way, but I couldnt care less. This should of happened after he beat Cena at TLC years ago, His ball has been dropped so many times I couldnt care about him any more.

The handling of Cesaro is appalling, he clearly has talent but no one knows what to do with him.

Bray Wyatts character hasnt evolved at all and is stale, yet they go to the same well with each of his feuds since Kane.

Same goes for Rusev.

Ive no idea what they are going to do with Rowan and Harper and Im guessing nether do they.

Big Show Mark Henrry, Kane, all should retire. All taking up space and no one cares about the 3 of them now. Yet they are used ahead of new talent all the time.

The use of Hogan, piper , Flair and other legends is so stale and lazy it tarnishes their legacy. It should be a big deal, but they use them so poorly I couldnt care less about most returning legends.

Ive more problems with the current product and I think each problem is easily solved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The format of Raw is hard to watch. Ad breaks every 5-10 mins makes it hard to find a rhythm viewing the show.

In fairness, that's not a WWE thing, it's an American thing; drives me nuts when I'm over there, but everything has twice as many breaks unless it's on specific channels. The majority of shows take breaks every 5 minutes instead of every 10 like over here. As **** as a format it is, I try not to criticize WWE for whats pretty much the standard expected of most shows over there.

Everything else is dead on though.

Personally, what frustrates me most was that once again we're shown results don't mean much, and everyone has to be kept even stevens. Rollins beat Cena last week. Not clean. Not even by pinfall. Cena was massively protected, despite not really needing to be. It took five men to keep him down long enough for Rollins to simply walk away. So for them to decide to book Cena to get the pin over Rollins last night does nothing for Cena but does damage Rollins. Rollins really should have taken as clean a break from Cena as nessecary, and they had the perfect out, but nope....Cena needs the win back!

Meanwhile, we get what is presented as basically a rubber match between Bray and Ambrose. And Bray gets the win. Grand, leave it there, kill the feud and move on.....NOPE! Give Ambrose the beatdown on Bray, so neither really gain anything from the result, the feud drags on (despite 3 big gimmick matches in a week) and no one needs to think of anything new.

• Advertisement

No I saw him in Dublin.
    Well he was certainly the highlight of last night, along with Luke Harper vs. Dolph.

Advertisement