Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Myrtle Beach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

Planning to head to Myrtle Beach this Summer! Was wondering if any Irish lads or gals are heading out that way as I am going alone. Looking to share accomm with anyone that is looking for extra people to lower rent.

If anyone has any info on the J1 scene in Myrtle I'd be extremely pleased to here about any past experiences from Boards members.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andycarroll1

Thinking of heading to myrtle beach too with 2/3 other lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmyP123

Lads, I was there last year on a J1! It was unbelievable, huge amount of Irish! We where planning on staying in a motel for the first two weeks until we got our on our feet but we ended up staying there for the entire summer!! Two motels right across the road from each other and all Irish stayed there. We stayed in the Oasis motel, but I'd recommend Fountain Bleu opposite it.. The landlord Shai was an asshole when it came to rent and the rooms are so much better in Fountain Blue, real spacious and clean. The pool at Fountain Bleu was so much cleaner too! Most people worked on the boardwalk which is a two minute walk so it was really handy! Then others like myself worked in Broadway which was a 15 minute drive, its like an amusement park, grand aul job out in the sun all day! Theres groups on facebook, so just type in Myrtle Beach J1 2015 and you'll have loads of Irish in the same boat as yourself! Hope that helps:-)
    Enjoy, so jealous.. what id do to go back :D

Oh by the way, there's a man called Randy.. he's so good to the Irish.. he's basically a taxi man but does it real cheap and tells you about all the good nights out and what to do! His name on Facebook is Randy The Transporter.. add him and tell him you're heading over and he'll help you out! I know it sounds dodgey a man you dont know collecting you from the airport in a white van, but he is lovely and harmless! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Matt Redmond

Me and 1 other lad are heading over there too. Looking for others to share accommodation with if yous are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orlalc94

PhilBill wrote: »
    Planning to head to Myrtle Beach this Summer! Was wondering if any Irish lads or gals are heading out that way as I am going alone. Looking to share accomm with anyone that is looking for extra people to lower rent.

If anyone has any info on the J1 scene in Myrtle I'd be extremely pleased to here about any past experiences from Boards members.

Thank you.

Hey me and two other girls just booked today to go to myrtle beach on a J1! Heading over on the 21st of may and back on the 20th of August! Theres about 5 or 6 of us going in total :D PM me if ye decide to head over! No harm in knowing a few more Irish faces over there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jeridan

Hey me and my boyfriend are planning on Myrtle Beach for this summer too :) anyone have any accommodation in mind yet? We'd be up for house-sharing but would want our own room.. been looking up some apartments but it's hard to find out if the lease is only for summer. Any info would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ely406

Hey! Myself and my boyfriend are on the same boat as Jeridan! Were planning on spending the summer in myrtle beach and are looking for an apartment share also with our own room. We've heard the more people the cheaper the house/apartment :) Let us know if anyone's interested in teaming up for accommodation! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ely406

Hey! Were heading to myrtle beach for our J1. We were thinking about staying in the Fountain Bleau Inn motel! Has anyone stayed there before? We spoke to the manager and it seems decent :)
    If anyone else is thinking along the same lines or knows anywhere better let us know! Good to know of a few others going! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mitch_93

Was there last summer, if your not 21 its hands down the best place to go on the east coast.
    Over 18s are accepted into the main clubs you're just not allowed to drink and they do take that rule seriously, the security in there think they're cops.... Its easily the best weather as well although every 7-9 days or so there is a massive thunderstorm for about 2 hours and the cycle starts again. There's plenty of jobs going the best of them being on the board walk but there's a small family theme park that will take pretty much anyone Irish if you're stuck to get CIEE off your back for awhile. Its easy to get too having an airport right in the center and its very handy for doing trips away as well. Although the locals are absolute hillbillies and gang bangers are plentiful its the best summer I ever had and never regretted going there. Especially after I seen the state of Cape Cod....... Give me a shout if you have any more questions !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 d2014

AmyP123 wrote: »
    Lads, I was there last year on a J1! It was unbelievable, huge amount of Irish! We where planning on staying in a motel for the first two weeks until we got our on our feet but we ended up staying there for the entire summer!! Two motels right across the road from each other and all Irish stayed there. We stayed in the Oasis motel, but I'd recommend Fountain Bleu opposite it.. The landlord Shai was an asshole when it came to rent and the rooms are so much better in Fountain Blue, real spacious and clean. The pool at Fountain Bleu was so much cleaner too! Most people worked on the boardwalk which is a two minute walk so it was really handy! Then others like myself worked in Broadway which was a 15 minute drive, its like an amusement park, grand aul job out in the sun all day! Theres groups on facebook, so just type in Myrtle Beach J1 2015 and you'll have loads of Irish in the same boat as yourself! Hope that helps:-)
    Enjoy, so jealous.. what id do to go back :D

Oh by the way, there's a man called Randy.. he's so good to the Irish.. he's basically a taxi man but does it real cheap and tells you about all the good nights out and what to do! His name on Facebook is Randy The Transporter.. add him and tell him you're heading over and he'll help you out! I know it sounds dodgey a man you dont know collecting you from the airport in a white van, but he is lovely and harmless! haha

Hey! If you dont mind me asking, how much was the Oasis motel and the Fountain Bleue place if you know out of curiousity? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 d2014

orlalc94 wrote: »
    Hey me and two other girls just booked today to go to myrtle beach on a J1! Heading over on the 21st of may and back on the 20th of August! Theres about 5 or 6 of us going in total :D PM me if ye decide to head over! No harm in knowing a few more Irish faces over there :)

Hey! Myself and one other Irish lad are planning on heading roughly the same dates, flying out 21st may too!

PS: We're cool and we like to party

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mitch23

Hey were going also to myrte beach in the summer 5 lads . Looking to go maybe lifeguarding or a job in the sun . If any one was there would much appreciate some advice. Also looking fo share of anyone is interested . Maybe another 5 . We can also all drive and will be doing a fair bit of touring of anyone can recommend must see places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 cheves

Myrtle Beach is great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jeridan

ely406 wrote: »
    Hey! Myself and my boyfriend are on the same boat as Jeridan! Were planning on spending the summer in myrtle beach and are looking for an apartment share also with our own room. We've heard the more people the cheaper the house/apartment :) Let us know if anyone's interested in teaming up for accommodation! :)

Hey Ely sounds good so would you be up for teaming up us and trying to get a place? :).That would make four of us and if we could get another few on board we could get a 3 bedroom apartment or house and it would bring the costs right down.. I'll pm you my facebook :) we're heading out on the 28th May and leaving on the 20th of August, so a 12 week lease would be ideal.

Hey just leaving everyone know the difference between usit and go4less . With usit they tell you to fly into new York and arrange your own transport to myrtle beach . Everything included at the moment will cost you around 1500 Euro . Me and my friends booked with go4less we have a flight to Atlanta . From there we fly into myrtle beach . We got everything for just over a 1000 Euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 S_Murtagh

Hey so heading to Myrtle Beach on my own ! Was thinking of staying in The Fountain Bleau Inn... Anyone know how much it is or if its cheap enough to live there ? :)

Hey we have found a place to stay 5 lads here. It's located about a 5 min walk from the boardwalk. Looking for more to make it cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kelliefly

Hey guys there 6 of us going aswell Al girls were staying in fountain bleu there a facebook page if any of ye wanto join just search myrtle beach j1 2015 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CiaraOH

Hey guys I'm heading over by myself with usit so I'll be working in the Sea Mist resort. Looking for roommates to share with over the summer, or just people to be in contact with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shannyshan

S_Murtagh wrote: »
    Hey so heading to Myrtle Beach on my own ! Was thinking of staying in The Fountain Bleau Inn... Anyone know how much it is or if its cheap enough to live there ? :)

HEYYYY I AM HEADING THERE BY MYSELF AS WELL IF YOU WANT ILL GIVE YOU MY EMAIL ADDRESS AN WE CAN TALK.

• Advertisement

Hey were looking for 1 person to share with us In Fontainebleau . If anyone is interested send us a message

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭e1994

Hey, myself and 6 others heading over the end of may :) Looking at the fontainbleu inn at the moment it looks like it would be good craic :) Can't seem to get on to the website today though, hope its just temporarily down? :/
    Haven't heard of many going to Myrtle beach this year, most people seem to be going san fran, san diego etc so I'm a bit scared! Hopefully it will be good though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shannyshan

hey ill be going alone however i met two friendly girls to share room with at fountain bleu inn. am sure it will b great

Hey we booked there last week for the summer. Ask for nikki Smith she is in charge of the j1. +18006211202. you will need a deposit of 600 dollars for the week they say credit card but visa debit is fine . Also there is different types of rooms the best Is the 3bed with a kitchen. ( some dont have a kitchen )sleeps 6 so would suit ye .

Hey if anyone is looking to go beach lifeguarding in myrtle beach lacks lifeguards are taking Irish on. It's around 500 dollars a week flat rate then you get tips on top of that for renting deck chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ciaracork

Went there last year and literally having palpitations at the thought of not being there again for the summer. Genuinely considering booking it again during the week. Stayed in oasis.... Motel is really as bad as reviews make it out to be. Shai (landlord) charged is $100 per week. no matter how many people were squashed into one room, he charged by the head... So if 2 people are in a 2 bed roomed room or 4 people, your room still gets charged for the amount of oeople staying. It's crazy dirty there too and he is really close with the police over there (ex cop) so calls them and gets everyone in **** for small things.
    I worked in a magnet store in broadway for first 2 weeks $8.50 per hour before quitting and finding work at the coolest most fun restaurant to work called now moons. Genuinely had the best time working there and made 10$ hour before I became a server and earned ridiculous money in no time. Absolutely had the time of my life over there. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to have the Craic with a load of Irish... It is invaded by us by June!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 loulou6

hi guys, me and two other girls heading over to myrtle beahc first week of june.. only booked within last 3 weeks so just wondering any tips for where to stay first or people need more roomates?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niallercliff

Hi! Myself and two other lads are looking at staying in fountainbleau from the 6th of June till mid august. There is a 6 man room with a full kitchen available. Need 3 more people to fill it. Let me know if you're interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Captain353

hi myself and two friends are really stuck for accommodation we arrive on the 23rd may and the place we had booked only let us know today they cant take us. We are really stuck and everywhere seems to be booked out by now! if anyone has ANY information we would really appreciate it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 scraic man

Hey,
    Thinking of heading to myrtle beach this summer,
    Any advice on getting a job or where to live?
    Most importantly is it still popular with Irish students? Theres just 2 of us going so yano dont wana be loners for the summer.

Advertisement