Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Christmas Advert

• 22-12-2014 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

That time of the year again, and the Christmas adverts are upon us.

So which one is your favourite? There have been some brilliant and amazing ads over the years, but this one has always been one of my personal favourites. The music, the hauntingly beautiful snowscapes and the beauty of inner city Dublin captured so well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I like the Budweiser one with the horses,havnt seen it this year though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

The McDonalds ad they do ever year. The message is so perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

The corn flakes one of course!

"This seems very unorthodox..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

They don't show the budweiser one anymore which is a great pity cos it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I'm heading to the airport in Munich in the morning. This ad always makes me slightly nostalgic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I can't show it on my phone but the brilliant ESB add from the 80's soundtracked by Dusty Springfield singing Going Back. Pure nostalgia.

Edit: ^^^^Snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I remember one for Telecom Eireann from years ago where a little girl uses her toy phone to call Santa, and excitedly whispers "SANTY" when he answers. Brilliant ad. Can't find it anywhere though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭laros

Strictly speaking not a christmas advert, But a variation on the Budweiser horse ad... They made it after 9/11 and it was only shown once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

One's still showing,
    The cornflakes one,
    the coca cola trucks convoy, "The holidays are coming"
    the Guinness add with the snow.

old ones,
    the ESB one mentioned already with Alan Hughes,
    Pennys "gotta whole lot of things for Christmas, got a lot for the family"
    and An Posts Snowman ad

edit: and the coca cola polar bear ads

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack Skellington

The Dunnes ad this year this a really nice one, with the guy walking through the streets and then passing on the book he got from his dad to his daughter, the meteor ads are a little bit better this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

The Dunnes ad this year this a really nice one, with the guy walking through the streets and then passing on the book he got from his dad to his daughter, the meteor ads are a little bit better this year.

Actually, yes! This ad made me laugh a lot. Probably because, in fairness, it's so damn true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

John Lewis ads forever great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Holidays are coming, Holidays are coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That Dunnes one does nothing for me, don't know what it is about it.
    Loved the old one for Roses or Quality Street where the Granny sat on the holly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

The Kelloggs one or Coca Cola, always puts me in the Christmas spirit everytime.

Ho ho ho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

vicwatson wrote: »
    John Lewis ads forever great

All the John Lewis.....particularly Lily Allens one last year I think....was lovely.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

The song on the 3 ad gives me the chills

Advertisement