Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any worries playing xbox 360 on a HD Ready 50Hz tv ?

Options
  • 23-12-2014 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi folks

hope you can put my mind at ease (or put a panic on me)

I bought a 32" walker HD ready 50Hz TV today for my young lad to play Xbox360 on (yes he is spoilt). I'm worried about it being 50Hz. I know xbox is 60Hz but the bit of reading i did to research didnt give me any conclusive answers. when i went in to the shop i was gonna get a 28"samsung 100Hz which was approx the same price. In teh end , on impulse , I went with the Walker. Theres a 2 year gaurantee and the picture looked grand so I went with that.

Can you tell me please, am I gonna have trouble hooking up the xbox 360 to the 50Hz walker tv? Will there be any lagging if its dropping frames? can the xbox 360 be set to output at 50Hz?

he plays minecraft, call of duty and Halo i think. He's playing it all on a old CRT Tv at the moment hence I think think the picture quality on the walker was sufficient ,(compared to the samsung) presuming that i dont have the problems that I' worried about above.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not an expert in TV's myself, but I was of the mind all pal xbox 360 games were 50hz, I know of a few that are 60hz only. but most did both.

Going from a crt to that will be like a trip to spec saver to the lad.

Edit: Miss Calex adds "lol he'll be able to read the subtitles now"

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

hi folks

hope you can put my mind at ease (or put a panic on me)

I bought a 32" walker HD ready 50Hz TV today for my young lad to play Xbox360 on (yes he is spoilt). I'm worried about it being 50Hz. I know xbox is 60Hz but the bit of reading i did to research didnt give me any conclusive answers. when i went in to the shop i was gonna get a 28"samsung 100Hz which was approx the same price. In teh end , on impulse , I went with the Walker. Theres a 2 year gaurantee and the picture looked grand so I went with that.

Can you tell me please, am I gonna have trouble hooking up the xbox 360 to the 50Hz walker tv? Will there be any lagging if its dropping frames? can the xbox 360 be set to output at 50Hz?

he plays minecraft, call of duty and Halo i think. He's playing it all on a old CRT Tv at the moment hence I think think the picture quality on the walker was sufficient ,(compared to the samsung) presuming that i dont have the problems that I' worried about above.

thanks
    Once you plug HDMI from xbox to tv,xbox will choose best settings.Probably 720p x 50HZ.Nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

ah, so its a PAL/NTSC thing. presumably that means any games bought around in ireland(or europe even) are going to be PAL which should play fine on a 50hz tv.

thats good news, thanks for that folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

We had a 50hz TV and games struggled through a scart lead.

Switched to HDMI & it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

We had a 50hz TV and games struggled through a scart lead.

Switched to HDMI & it worked fine.

why were you using scart? sure thats not even HD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

why were you using scart? sure thats not even HD.

Some tv's (especially early HD ready ones) had only one hdmi port, or worse, the port located on a breakout cable (which tended to go missing)

Advertisement