Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish Delight

Options
  • 23-12-2014 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know anywhere in the City Centre that sells hand-made Turkish Delight?

turkishdelight2.jpg

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I'd say one of the stalls in George's Street Arcade do it - I know there at least used to be a stall that did fudge and other similar sweets, so maybe they did/do Turkish Delights as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Cianos wrote: »
    I'd say one of the stalls in George's Street Arcade do it - I know there at least used to be a stall that did fudge and other similar sweets, so maybe they did/do Turkish Delights as well.

There used to be a stall there years ago alright but those stalls have been gone a few years now. I'll check again and see if they've returned recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Maybe try the mosque out near ucd. They have a restaurant and shop apparently Also i heard road to damascus on Camden street sells middle eastern treats. The Asian supermarket on Mary street sells normal mass produced Turkish delight. But it's better than anything you buy in a normal shop here

Just checked George's St. Arcade and there is indeed a stall there selling various Turkish Delight and Fudge. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Passenger wrote: »
    Just checked George's St. Arcade and there is indeed a stall there selling various Turkish Delight and Fudge. :)

was it expensive?

ive just gone from having no interest in it to wanting some when I'm over that way tomorrow:)

Damn you boards.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

There's a few Turkish shops around capel st.
    And Jervis st that'd have it.

was it expensive?

ive just gone from having no interest in it to wanting some when I'm over that way tomorrow:)

Damn you boards.:D

I just filled up a bag, weighed it and it came to nearly Ten yoyo's. :D

Nom, nom, nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Passenger wrote: »
    I just filled up a bag, weighed it and it came to nearly Ten yoyo's. :D

Nom, nom, nom.

Ouch!
    Dont think I need TD that much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wouldn't buy anything foodwise in George's arcade given their history with health inspectors

Advertisement