Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Day

Options
  • 23-12-2014 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

This should keep us going until the 26th.

Just had a flick through Leopardstwon. Gigginstown have no less than 10 entered in the bumper for 4yr olds! Holy crap, he must be spending some dough.

Cannot wait for the Christmas racing. Tends to be a hectic day but always a few gambles landed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

BumperD wrote: »
    This should keep us going until the 26th.

Just had a flick through Leopardstwon. Gigginstown have no less than 10 entered in the bumper for 4yr olds! Holy crap, he must be spending some dough.

Cannot wait for the Christmas racing. Tends to be a hectic day but always a few gambles landed

AVENIR D'UNE VIE is one of the best bumper horses Mullins has

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Where you hear that??

What price for Chel?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Where you hear that??

What price for Chel?

I know someone who is friendly enough with Patrick.

It's a Gigginstown horse so he won't be going to Cheltenham.

That was my second question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

I know someone who is friendly enough with Patrick.

It's a Gigginstown horse so he won't be going to Cheltenham.

Its not srfc is it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just been in p.powers, hammers are a huge 8/1 to beat chelsea on st stephens day. Way too tempting for me..score win done.

Its not srfc is it? :)

you-got-me.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Trixie

Conti 9/4
    Uxixandre 9/4
    Foxrock 6/1

Foxrock is an intering one isnt he!!

AVENIR D'UNE VIE is one of the best bumper horses Mullins has

Not declared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Perhaps not the most exotic choices but I'm going to side with a short priced double at kempton in jollyallan and silviniaco conti. big difference in pricing by the big bookmakers in champagne fevers price with him as low as 3/1 and as high as 11/2. I reckon all prices for the main races will be higher on the morning of, seems to be the case with a lot of racing these days.

If my first two come up short, I'll probably have a crack at the Irish bumpers unless I spot a gamble earlier in the day. I don't have access to the rp paper (never mind even live racing unless someone can pm me a decent site to view it on web) but for those that do, keep an eye out for horses with multiple entries in handicaps on the 26th, usually (but not always) points to a decent run being expected. Good luck with the punting.

Flicking through tomorrow's cards, a few handicappers that were out last yr go again tomorrow,

down royal on the fringe, court jester
    Leopardstown luddesdenene, clar cam (g1), king vuvuzela
    font well, according to them. Pegeno diablo
    Limerick, good as gold
    Towcester, la grand chene
    Huntington, Delgary demon

I've been considering the King George the past couple of days and I've convinced myself that a good each way bet on Johns Spirit could be a good bet. He's as genuine and consistent as the fancied horse and I think his last run when just edged out could be enough to see him in the money here. Granted he needs to step up but I think this horse has the potential to be quite smart.

Don't forget the Gilgamboa and On The Fringe double lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

tbh I think Gilgamboa will find it tough giving 18lb to Adrianna Des Mottes on heavy ground, and prefer the latter at 5/2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

tbh I think Gilgamboa will find it tough giving 18lb to Adrianna Des Mottes on heavy ground, and prefer the latter at 5/2

Think Wounded Warrior will take the two of them. Beat Blood Cotil more impressively than Gilgamboa and is a big improver. Meade thinks the world of him

How impressive was Alvisio Ville. Serious performance

I've been told more than once that they think the world of Gilgamboa.
    I was told Christmas eve to back him and On The Fringe. They way the chap was saying it defeat was out of the question.

They are talking about a possible tilt at the Arkle come March.

Kalkir here should be great to watch. Hope he's as impressive again today (obviously not a betting proposition!)

My goodness 33/1. Screws up a lot of accums for people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

My goodness 33/1. Screws up a lot of accums for people

Good performance by Fiscal Focus there. Beat the favourite easily and miles back to the third. Ground is pretty bottomless now at Leopardstown - I certainly wouldn't be backing any shorties!

• Advertisement

Filthy looking handicap coming up at Leop - chuck a pin at it

Some performance by Gilgamboa!!

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Some performance by Gilgamboa!!

Fairly hacked up, made a little easier with the mullins horse tipping up at the last but didn't make a difference.

The machine Faugheen to win by 10L+?

Champion Hurdle winner in waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...wow...

Faugheen the machine. What an animal! Jumping better now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

My neighbour got a tip for Annkrista 10/1 in 3.00 at Down Royal

5/4 fav now faugheen for champ hurdle. Slight over-reaction given jezski & new one there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

5/4 fav now faugheen for champ hurdle. Slight over-reaction given jezski & new one there

Yeah - they must have drifted significantly for the CH after that huge cut to Faugheen's price! :D:D

Advertisement