Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Day

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Vautour next up. Maybe not so straight forward given its fences rather than hurdles but if he jumps clean, he wins easily. That Clar Cam not a bad horse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Faugheen was unbelievable there, crazy price for March

Townend should get the boot if he gets Vautour beaten, after he gets him standing up he pulls down his goggles, you would have to wonder if he jumped the fence unable to see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Bottomless ground is a great leveller - makes good horses look very ordinary. A dour stayer is what you need on that ground. I learnt that many years ago when Pridwell beat Istabraq in The Aintree Hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Shemale wrote: »
    My neighbour got a tip for Annkrista 10/1 in 3.00 at Down Royal
    2nd behind Coney Choice.. had a E/W so not too shabby.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    2nd behind Coney Choice.. had a E/W so not too shabby.

Was very unlucky, booted the second last out, thought he would win but jockey stopped using the whip in the run in with the horse responding and he only avoided running into the back of the winner in the run in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Perhaps not the most exotic choices but I'm going to side with a short priced double at kempton in jollyallan and silviniaco conti. big difference in pricing by the big bookmakers in champagne fevers price with him as low as 3/1 and as high as 11/2. I reckon all prices for the main races will be higher on the morning of, seems to be the case with a lot of racing these days.

If my first two come up short, I'll probably have a crack at the Irish bumpers unless I spot a gamble earlier in the day. I don't have access to the rp paper (never mind even live racing unless someone can pm me a decent site to view it on web) but for those that do, keep an eye out for horses with multiple entries in handicaps on the 26th, usually (but not always) points to a decent run being expected. Good luck with the punting.

That will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Just been in p.powers, hammers are a huge 8/1 to beat chelsea on st stephens day. Way too tempting for me..score win done.

I was only 3 goals away from winning my bet :(

My beloved hammers beaten,on the fringe lets me down for a tasty treble, oh woe is me :(

Dunno if anyone watched the 3:25 in Wincanton, had a few bob on Munkerty Tunkerty, thought he was rolling back the years, looked too far back but started to thread through the field and was expecting him to throw down a decent challenge but didn't get close enough in the end. Worth a look.

Advertisement