Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aps: Strelok vs Applied Ballistics

Options
  • 23-12-2014 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience in the Strelok+ or Pro with respect to the Applied Ballistics?

Just wondering if the AB is worth the few extra quid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

FISMA wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience in the Strelok+ or Pro with respect to the Applied Ballistics?

No experience with the applied ballistics but strelok+ is bang on the button out to 500 yards with factory barrel and factory load in my .270. I have dialed in to wack crows at 300 yards and clays at 500 on cold bore shots. I haven't broughted it further yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Again I've not used AB.
    I am using Strelok+ for Android (before that iStrelok) since it came out.
    Very good app, bang on the button and have used to dial out to 600y for FTR.
    For the small money it costs it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

I'm never really liked Strelok. I used ballistic AE when I had an iPhone and now that I'm on android I use applied ballistics. The Litz custom Bc's and velocity , once trued, have my muzzle velocity relative to drops within 1 fps of my measured muzzle velocity and dope out to 1100 yards bang on.

The only advantage ballistic a e had was the complex wind function. Strelok just didn't hold up to either. The only advantage it has is lots of reticle choices for a little holdover graphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I was using strelok + for ages and bought applied ballistics about a year ago.

Applied ballistics is far more feature packed and has more in depth algorithm engine in it and was designed with the help of Bryan Litz.

If you want to check out a lite version of applied ballistics and you are on Android, try out shooter, it was designed with Bryan Litz also.

Applied ballistics is very customizable and allows you to use G7 BC, truing, custom trajectory, etc. The windage features are excellent also.

If you want integration with wind metres and such, it is possible with certain kestrel products. I don't use this.

It can also use the GPS data in your phone for extra calculations. Shooter does this also.

Once you put in accurate data, it is extremely accurate in giving you the information you need to dial in.

I think the Android market allows 24 hours to try or refund but I am not sure.

Try out shooter would be my advice, its worth the price anyway and if you like it, get applied ballistics if you feel you would like the extra features.

Advertisement