Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacalau (dried codfish) in Dublin/Kildare

• 23-12-2014 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

My wife is Portuguese and we have been looking for a good quality supplier of bacalau for a nice traditional Portuguese dish this Christmas. It is such an important part of many European and World menus yet it has strangely never taken off in Ireland, maybe we are spoilt with an abundance of lovely fresh seafood.

If anyone knows of where it can be bought in Dublin/Kildare it would be great.

thanks and Happy Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Salt cod used to be quite traditional in Ireland and still can be had from one small fish mongers in The English Market, Cork so I'd say some of the more traditional fish shops in Dublin might have it.
    However, I'm not sure it is quite the same quality as proper bacalhau but may be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,484 ✭✭✭✭Alun

In Dublin, there's a Brazilian shop in the Moore St. Mall and another one on Liffey Street Lower that's kind of Spanish / Brazilian IIRC. Probably a few more too. Given the Brazil - Portugal connection they might be worth a try.

Advertisement