Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are shops opened on Dec 26th?

Options
  • 23-12-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Are most chain stores opened on Dec 26th on Grafton st/Henry st? If so, I assume the opening hours are like a Sunday? I checked a couple of stores online but they don't mention specifically their opening hours for Stephen's day.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Probably best checking their social media pages more likely to get opening times there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Are most chain stores opened on Dec 26th on Grafton st/Henry st? If so, I assume the opening hours are like a Sunday? I checked a couple of stores online but they don't mention specifically their opening hours for Stephen's day.

Cheers!

No most will probably open a bit earlier. I think Next is the first to open at about 5am. The Arnotts, BTs will open a bit after. BTs is usually super busy in the first few hours, as people want to get a bargain on a luxury item such as bags or shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, it's MENTAL that Next opens at 5 a.m. The poor staff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Isnt it a pain that so many of them dont bother displaying their opening hours anywhere. It does my head in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Birneybau wrote: »

You should see the traffic going off the motorway to Blanchardstown shopping centre at about four. It's unreal. I drove a friend there once to the Next sale. Never again, though I'm glad I witnessed it in an 'aren't humans mental?' kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

spurious wrote: »
    You should see the traffic going off the motorway to Blanchardstown shopping centre at about four. It's unreal. I drove a friend there once to the Next sale. Never again, though I'm glad I witnessed it in an 'aren't humans mental?' kind of way.

It's like an episode of the walking dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Birneybau wrote: »

Back about ten years ago I did Christmas work in Next and had to be in for 5am. Mad hour of the morning and people actually came in at that time to shop. It was grand though as it wasn't hectic and I ended up finishing at midday. Glad those part time jobs are behind me now though, can't see myself going into a clothes shop in a little under 4 hours from now to run the tills in a kid's clothes section!

Advertisement