Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service cut off-Help

Options
  • 23-12-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi.

I signed up for home phone, broadband and TV and was given free sports for six months. After the six months was up I rang to cancel the add on and was given a credit for the charge(Approx April 2014).All good. A couple of months later I noticed I was still being charged and rang again.(approx June 2014). I was assured again that it would be cancelled. My account was on direct debit so I never checked for a few months again. My company was paying the bill and cancelled all Eircom direct debits at some point due to 
    a dispute over Eircom billing. I received a text probably in October to say the service was about to be ceased so I reviewed the bills again and saw that I was still being billed for the sports. I rang, agreed a credit for €96 and paid the balance(€202). All good or so I thought. The credit was issued and appeared on the next bill however my service was still disconnected before the due date on the bill. I had paid up what was owed so why did Eircom disconnect my service? I rang to complain and was told it was because my previous bill was in arrears and it was basically my fault. Actually no it was not my fault. Another example of appalling service from Eircom

I have had no service for well over a month now and am still being billed. What is even worse is that I am still being billed for the sports package. I am happy to pay for what I owe but how many times do I need to ask for Eircom to remove the sports add on once and for all. It is two days to Christmas and my kids have no TV or broadband. Can some one please help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi.

I signed up for home phone, broadband and TV and was given free sports for six months. After the six months was up I rang to cancel the add on and was given a credit for the charge(Approx April 2014).All good. A couple of months later I noticed I was still being charged and rang again.(approx June 2014). I was assured again that it would be cancelled. My account was on direct debit so I never checked for a few months again. My company was paying the bill and cancelled all Eircom direct debits at some point due to 
    a dispute over Eircom billing. I received a text probably in October to say the service was about to be ceased so I reviewed the bills again and saw that I was still being billed for the sports. I rang, agreed a credit for €96 and paid the balance(€202). All good or so I thought. The credit was issued and appeared on the next bill however my service was still disconnected before the due date on the bill. I had paid up what was owed so why did Eircom disconnect my service? I rang to complain and was told it was because my previous bill was in arrears and it was basically my fault. Actually no it was not my fault. Another example of appalling service from Eircom

I have had no service for well over a month now and am still being billed. What is even worse is that I am still being billed for the sports package. I am happy to pay for what I owe but how many times do I need to ask for Eircom to remove the sports add on once and for all. It is two days to Christmas and my kids have no TV or broadband. Can some one please help?
    Hello Whitepebble

I am very sorry to hear this and apologise for the inconveniencer this has caused, as this requires further attention by our accounts departent the best advice I can offer is to get in touch with our accounts representative over our instant WebChat facility found here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Whitepebble

Hi Alan

As explained I have contacted Eircom several times which they acknowledge but still no one is able to remove this package from my account which is part of the reason why I have been disconnected. It is two days to Christmas, I have four kids at home and we have no TV or broadband. This is due in full to Eircom's poor customer care and I am asking you to please deal with it urgently. I am happy to pay for what I owe but cannot pay for anything that I do not owe.

Many thanks

Whitepebble

I have sent you my account number. Please do not refer me to a helpline. I have had no luck to date with your customer care phonelines.

I have sent you my account number. Please do not refer me to a helpline. I have had no luck to date with your customer care phonelines.
    Hi Whitepebble

Thanks for taking my call, I'll PM you the details of what we discussed now :)

Al

I would like to thank Alan for his speedy response. All is resolved.

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

I would like to thank Alan for his speedy response. All is resolved.

Much appreciated.
    You are very welcome Whitepebble

Thanks
    Al

Sadly after all the efforts by Alan before Christmas, it seems I have not received any of the credits I was promised in writing, not only that but I am still being charged for Setanta Sports and as the icing on the cake I was charged a reconnection fee in my January bill. At this stage I have requested and been promised that the Sports package would be cancelled at least four times in the last eleven months.

I received a text today threatening disconnection again. If I received the credits I am due, I would probably owe Eircom nothing. I have no choice but to send a complaint to Comreg today.

The sheer arrogance/incompetance of Eircom never fails to amaze.

Sadly after all the efforts by Alan before Christmas, it seems I have not received any of the credits I was promised in writing, not only that but I am still being charged for Setanta Sports and as the icing on the cake I was charged a reconnection fee in my January bill. At this stage I have requested and been promised that the Sports package would be cancelled at least four times in the last eleven months.

I received a text today threatening disconnection again. If I received the credits I am due, I would probably owe Eircom nothing. I have no choice but to send a complaint to Comreg today.

The sheer arrogance/incompetance of Eircom never fails to amaze.
    Hi Whitepebble

Thanks for taking my call,

I have escalated this to our technical support team who will escalate the fault to engineers. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement