Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pug and under bite

• 23-12-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a 7 month old puggle. His under bite is starting to grow out considerably more. I know pug's are prone to this but how can it be fixed? Is there such a thing as doggy braces?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Bite problems are very common in these cross breeds as people breed them simply to make money rather then for health or confirmation.

I recommend you keep a close eye on his teeth because sometimes the canines on the top jaw can actually penetrate the palate of the bottom jaw. There is no need to panic though as a vet can do a number of procedures to help including removing teeth. At 7 mths your little guy would have done most of his growing so hopefully his jaws won't change much more.

Make sure also that his jaw problems are not causing him issues when eating. It is not your dogs teeth that are the issue but more the fact that the two parents have totally different jaw types & your dog could have inherited a combination of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

It's my understanding that this is a hereditary condition so your pup's parents should not have been bred from. :( Can't add anything to the good advice already given.

Advertisement