Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which inov8 trail shoes

Options
  • 23-12-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

My Saucony Peregrine are showing wear and tear signs, including a hole on the upper mesh (must dig out that duck tape!). Nice comfy all-rounder at 4mm drop. I was looking at Inov8 trail shoes but there's so much choice that I'm clueless as to what to go for. I mostly run on waymarked trails in Wicklow and Dublin, little on bog or open mountain, although I'd like to start making more summits next year. I'd also like to start taking part in IMRA races in 2015 (winter and Leinster leagues) too. Any recommendations, Inov8 or other, similar to the Peregrine? I'd like to keep them between 3 and 8mm drop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Having used both Inov8 and Saucony peregrine I have to say my personal favourite is the PureGrit3. I like the original Grit but the sole was too aggressive for most fireroad. The Grit2 didn't float my boat but the 3 is a great shoe.

Combination of the low drop but decent cushioning, stable and with rock plate in the sole. I'm using it the most for my off road runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Got a pair of Inov8 TrailRoc 245 from AKW about 18 months ago (could be longer).
    Don't do a huge amount of offroad, but I find them a great all rounder. I wear them for the weekly Parkrun which has everything from tarred paths to leaf mulch & muddy sections. They're even fine for some regular road surface and have worn them for the Warriors run which has a lot of road miles as well as the mountain climb in the middle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i would look at the pure grit for sure if buying, i love the pure range from brooks and have 1, soon to be two of the other models

that said, i have inov8 xtalon212'sand love them. light, tough, great grip, comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Ordered pair of Inov8 Trailroc 245 from Amazon for £55 today - half price for this year's model.

I don't like the split toe on the Brooks Pure range as the material between the toes wears and leaks, although this seems to be eliminated on the Pure Grit 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Thank you all for the suggestions. My favourite road shoe at the moment is the PureDrift I picked up in TKMaxx a couple of months ago. So I guess I'll give the Grit some serious consideration. I'll check with my "local" AK in Bray...

• Advertisement
Advertisement