Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

My first ever first pick. Too much pressure to pick well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

As we get further and further into the draft, I get more and more nervous about losing some of my names, as I think the first person to crack and draft a women will start a snowball effect with others doing the same. If I get my next and final tag team then I'll have my top 10 names and I'm more than happy with that :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Happy to get Joe at this stage and a nice change with a decent draw for the next round too!

dunno if many will draft women TBC. Wouldnt be surprised if a few use your roster as a reason not to as the best women will be gone and why do something if you can't be the best at it. That said there are still some top quality female talent plus I think a few storyline women will be picked (Valets/love interests/managers)

Happy to get Joe at this stage and a nice change with a decent draw for the next round too!

dunno if many will draft women TBC. Wouldnt be surprised if a few use your roster as a reason not to as the best women will be gone and why do something if you can't be the best at it. That said there are still some top quality female talent plus I think a few storyline women will be picked (Valets/love interests/managers)

Oh there are so many available, I had a tough time winding my list of names down and I have left some big names out of my list also due to planned storylines. In fact there are two huge names that would work on anyone's roster than I won't be drafting at all :)

Oh there are so many available, I had a tough time winding my list of names down and I have left some big names out of my list also due to planned storylines. In fact there are two huge names that would work on anyone's roster than I won't be drafting at all :)

a little surprised you took the rival tag team you drafted last round when you did as I couldnt see anyone (despite their undoubted quality) taking them early in the draft although I could see someone going for some of the more current western talent. There is one womens match id actually really like to see you book but I dont think you will cos of your no Divas bit which in someways might be a mistake as itd add some variety to your card if you have 1 or 2 of that mold. That said I think you will get a few votes simply because of the variety you will give to the draft overall either way as your roster is def going to stand out to everyone.

Like JBL as a pick at this stage (Sin eater just got him), had considered him myself and storyline wise he will be a good one to write for imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

a little surprised you took the rival tag team you drafted last round when you did as I couldnt see anyone (despite their undoubted quality) taking them early in the draft although I could see someone going for some of the more current western talent. There is one womens match id actually really like to see you book but I dont think you will cos of your no Divas bit which in someways might be a mistake as itd add some variety to your card if you have 1 or 2 of that mold. That said I think you will get a few votes simply because of the variety you will give to the draft overall either way as your roster is def going to stand out to everyone.

Like JBL as a pick at this stage (Sin eater just got him), had considered him myself and storyline wise he will be a good one to write for imo

Bit surprised JBL didn't go in the world champion BOGOF round. His Jennetty is far from a Jennetty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As we get further and further into the draft, I get more and more nervous about losing some of my names, as I think the first person to crack and draft a women will start a snowball effect with others doing the same. If I get my next and final tag team then I'll have my top 10 names and I'm more than happy with that :)

This is the really intriguing aspect of your tactic. I've tended to feature women prominently on my shows over the years and I could be fairly confident that the big female names would last for the first set of rounds. (In fact I think I may have drafted the first women last year with AJ and Kaitlyn, though I could be wrong on that).

This year though your tactic has really mixed things up as the women I could usually count on as safe no longer are.

It's a very new challenge to face but I like that. It's something a bit different and it means perhaps having to think outside the box this time as far as tactics are concerned.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Bit surprised JBL didn't go in the world champion BOGOF round. His Jennetty is far from a Jennetty.

If it's the chap I'm thinking of, I don't think he would have been eligible.

He could have went in that round with a few people iirc but his most common "Jannety", who I agree would not be deserving of such a moniker if you mean him, was a World champion too and only 1 could be in that stip round

You never know, there are a few women I have my eyes on that wouldn't be as good in ring as some that I won't be looking draft, but certainly do work for stories.

Aye I was originally thinking of leaving Manami and Aja for a few rounds, but I would have kicked myself if I missed one or the other, especially as I have both of them planned for 2 of my big 3 feuds.

JBL is a big one that I thought would have been taken earlier, same as Samoa Joe. Two quality characters that are easy to write for and can work with so many different styles and angles.

• Advertisement

Yeah I honestly didn't think Joe would still be available, He usually wouldnt be at this stage though often that would be cos of yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Treat the RCW Champion well , He was awesome to write for last year

What's the generally concentous about drafting superstars you've had before. I know some guys/gals like to arch their work from their Feds of yesteryear.

I personally tend to avoid former shagnastii's and look at what kind of talent is still to be picked and try create red hot fueds that'd be fun to write.

I'd say nearly 90% of the game is developing angles and rivalies people are dying to see. Be that one that has happened already in life or one that for whatever reason never played out IRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

What's the generally concentous about drafting superstars you've had before. I know some guys/gals like to arch their work from their Feds of yesteryear.

I personally tend to avoid former shagnastii's and look at what kind of talent is still to be picked and try create red hot fueds that'd be fun to write.

I'd say nearly 90% of the game is developing angles and rivalies people are dying to see. Be that one that has happened already in life or one that for whatever reason never played out IRL.

I tend to draft same guys a lot but only cause I want to see my fed come across more real and often mention past rivalaries while writing current shows

If I recall correctly in '09, the second year of the Draft, it was suggested that there be a ban on picks you had made in the previous game, but as I recall people were unhappy with this as they felt it was too limiting, and they preferred the freedom to do as they wished.

Personally I think it's fun to use people you've never had before, although sometimes a former pick can be perceived as the smartest pick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Really like BH's roster now.

On a different note, with the growing interest in New Japan, i think the IWGP title could be classed as a world title from next year. It could be good for the draft if the great muta had to be picked on his own or Tanahashi couldn't be picked with Nakamura.

Yes a definite plus 1 on that front the IWGP title is definitely as prestigious if not more so than WWE title or the others eligible

Would definitely agree about the IWGP title.

Especially when the TNA or even the WCW title are deemed as World title. The IWGP and what picks are worthy of it need to be classed as world title (says the man who claimed Muta and Chono:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made PM sent

I took them now I doubt anyone else wanted them but just in case I thought it safer to grab them

Treat the RCW Champion well , He was awesome to write for last year

I have big plans for him don't worry and yeah i'd support adding the IWGP title to the list. Far more of a world title than the TNA one imo although it would mean the Japanese boyos will probably go a little bit later from now on.

1 pick id probably like the msot now but 2 others id be just as happy with, wonder will Beaker pick any of them before I get the chance

• Advertisement

I'm really torn about my next pick so I'm sort of glad I've a decent bit of thinking time before my go. It's at that stage now where you have to pay closer attention to who others may go for.

I know 100% who my next pick is ...and hopefully he'll still be available I have a backup but I'm not sure he'll suit as much , Can't wait for my pick because I can nearly start writing my opening show then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Erm bh I've got del rio since round 2

argh, thought it was odd he was still available, thanks for the heads up.

Happy with Vader anyway. That said this seems like it could turn into the tag team round. New Age outlaws & He WGTT are obviously very good picks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Personally i'd have Vader over Del Rio 100 times out of 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Vader's popularity in Japan & the US makes him a great pick for your roster I think. Gives so many options.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Personally i'd have Vader over Del Rio 100 times out of 100.

Generally I would too, but for storyline purposes Del Rio could be very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Generally I would too, but for storyline purposes Del Rio could be very handy.

I know from this point onwards everyone i select will be specifically for a storyline i have in my head even though there may be better wrestlers out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I know from this point onwards everyone i select will be specifically for a storyline i have in my head even though there may be better wrestlers out there

Same here, ive everyone selected in my head and should be all reachable. Id say all the big names will be gone in a few picks.

Think NAO were my least likely pick. Had a busy day yday and took me ages to get to my laptop. NAO was my 3rd pick logging on (WGTT was my no1 and another as yet unpicked was second ) but changed my mind last minute and thought 1997/98 Billy Gun/Road Dogg would be more suited to my angle than teh far superior wrestlers that are WGTT.

I think they can be right cocky heels, esp back in the late 97 so thats why they got my nod.

Advertisement