Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

We're gonna take over the BWA nWo-style. ;)

Funnily enough walt has taken my most recent pick in the past and he was the one guy I didn't want to be behind in this round for that very reason. Thankfully for me he fancied a different approach this year.

Actually strongly considered an invasion stye storyline.

KVE is a very good pick imo and one I would have happily picked next roundif nobody spotted the ECW link you pointed out. Think he is another who like Punk now has been in all 3 (BWA, MNG & WECWF) throughout the years

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Von Erich is a fantastic pick... I'm purposely trying to pick people I've never had before and Bret and Brody are people I've always wanted to draft in the past so if the opportunity to pick them and others arises I'll definitely jump at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A critique on my roster would be much appreciated :)

I'll go through everyone's picks when I get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lord TSC: The Rock, Batista, The Miz & John Morrison, The Big Show, Ron Simmons
    This is quite an interesting roster. The idea of Batista vs The Rock is a good one, will be interesting to see who you add to the roster to feud with other! Quite a Hollywood feel to this though!
    Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya
    Really liking the look of this roster. Having Stone Cold is great, he is so much fun to write for. Really hoping for a mother vs daughter feud there and will be interesting to see what you do with the tag teams!
    Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy
    Almost the complete opposite to my roster with your ideas to get big guys who can pound the crap out of each other! Goldberg vs Ryback should be a great feud and having so many great wrestlers there should really allow you to have some really great, bruising feuds!
    thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair
    Absolutely loving your all-female roster idea! So many good female wrestlers there so far, can't wait to see what you will do feud wise. Nothing I can really predict there!
    beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws - B.A. Billy Gunn & Road Dogg
    Same as above Joe, I have no idea what you are going to do although I do have a feeling HBK vs Roberts is just going to be awesome to read. Having HBK as the heel will make this very interesting!
    Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T
    Have to say I like this roster mostly because you can just match everyone up with everyone (with the exception of Taijiri, will be interesting to see who you pick for him). Ric Flair and Regal would be a really interesting feud, not sure if that is the direction you are going in!
    Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody
    Bret Hart vs Randy Orton is going to be awesome if that's where you are going. Just two exceptional athletes and wrestlers going head-to-head. Will be interesting if it will be face vs heel or heel vs heel, you can do both. As for the rest of the roster it's so diverse and fun I really can't wait to see how you write it!
    ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev
    Said it already, Sting vs Devitt is great for so many reasons (including the fact it's battle of the paint!). Loving your whole roster, Rusev is a really good addition to that roster, hoping to see him vs Luger!
    lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow
    Genuinely loving this roster! It's going to be so interesting to see who you pair with who and where you put wrestlers on the cards and what feud you make!
    Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition
    Such a good roster! Would love to see either Omega or Ibushi against Cena and Road Warriors vs Demolition really writes itself! Having Pillman means absolute great and insane promos!
    campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson
    Loving how good your roster is to be honest. A mix of great personalities and great wrestlers mean you are definitely one to watch! Have no idea what you are going to do with each wrestler though (which is quite fun!)
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan
    Really like this roster! Foley vs Ambrose will be amazing, having Kenta there is great and Sid Vicious is just fun to right for!
    brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane Mcmahon
    Loving this roster, great mix of power and technical wrestling as well as one hardcore mo-fo who never trained as a wrestler! Should be awesome to see who you match up!
    Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader
    Very similar idea to my roster, a lot of really good technical wrestlers who can put on a really good show! Also, having Punk there means you have an amazing mouthpiece! Really enjoying how most of the wrestlers have a connection to each other somehow!
    mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks
    Liking my roster so far (obviously!). Got everyone I wanted in each round
    Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas
    Team Angle is back! And some really good wrestlers there, will love to see what direction you go! Although Steamboat vs Angle would be amazing!
    connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan
    If someone could pick the creepiest guys ever and put them in a roster, this would be it (X-Pac included due to how fcuked up his life is!). So many good feuds here. Could go Bray and Bo vs the Brothers of Destruction or Taker vs Wyatt!
    JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, The Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries
    Really liking your emphasis on tag teams! E & C vs The American Wolves/The Motor City Machine Guns would be excellent! Also, Aries is just such good value this late in the game! Great wrestler!
    Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna
    Really interesting roster! Again, a mix of styles and personalities which should be really fun to write for!
    Lithium93_: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves
    Absolute loving this roster! You could pair Heyman with absolutely any one hear, Bully Ray is so good to write for and he can do almost anything, Neville and Graves along with Rollins are just great wrestlers! Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lord TSC: The Rock, Batista, The Miz & John Morrison, The Big Show, Ron Simmons: The star power in both senses in this roster is unreal and some great potential feuds, possibly a nation of domination reunion too

Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya : This roster has such a mix its hard to figure out who's gonna feud with who, Austin vs Bulldog would be my personal pick but man who knows what way you're gonna go and i love that.

Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy: This roster has a distinct WCW nitro feel to it , Hogan, Goldberg and Savage all on the one roster is going to be unreal and who knows what you'll do with the Big Guy

thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair: Not a big fan of watching divas which is why this roster intrigues me so much

beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws - B.A. Billy Gunn & Road Dogg: Man think of the matchs here HBK vs Owen writes itself as does HBK vs JArret or Jake and will the old DX heads come together who knows

Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T: With the exception of Tajiri this looks like another WCW inspired roster , Funny thing here outside of Flair everyone on this roster is pretty much on an even footing so god knows where its gonna go

Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody: Give me Hart vs Orton , that would be amazing and Brody just put him in there with Sabu and RVD to wreck the place

ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev: Devitt vs Sting would be amazing , But i'd like to see Devitt vs Rusev as im sure its something we'll see in the future hell you could team up Luger and sting again too

lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow: Very interesting roster and one of the most unpredictable as they all have untapped talent and potential outside of Jericho who's an obvious star

Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition: If anything this promises to be hard hitting fed and the Demolition vs Road Warriors possible feud (how did someone get both these teams on there roster)

campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson: Again another fed who ya can't predict who you're gonna go with ur main feud so many big names and stars,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan: A bunch of crazy wrestlers here should make for some crazy promos and absolute wars in the ring

brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane Mcmahon

Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader: This will be the fed to watch and see who really is the best in the world Tanahashi vs Punk vs Nakamura would be amazing to see

mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young BucksL: Bryan Vs Benoit and Okada some crazy dream matchs in this one , another great fed here

Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas: There is so many good feds and this one aswell can you imagine Steamboat in his heyday against Angle christ above

connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan: This is a roster of freaks and weirdos should make for a very attitude era style show i reckon

JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, The Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries: Some amazing tag teams on here would love to see ya split a few of them and see what happens though

Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna: This roster is so diffrent Stlyes, Daniels and hardy are polar opposites of the other 3 god knows what you're gonna do with it can't wait to see though

Lithium93_: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves: this fed right here is shaping up to be one of the contenders NXT meets ECW droool

• Advertisement

Pick made and pm sent I really didn't know who to go with in this round but when I went searching I settled on some one I have a plan (i think) for Gangrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made and pm sent I really didn't know who to go with in this round but when I went searching I settled on some one I have a plan (i think) for Gangrel

I have a roster made for him and you go and take him on me.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    A critique on my roster would be much appreciated :)

I'll go through everyone's picks when I get a chance.

Pillman was great for you last year and I'd expect the same this year; particularly with Cena. Their characters are so different that as a possible feud it could work brilliantly. Road Warriors & Demolition is just about the biggest Golden Age tag team feud possible imo. Raven is a pretty versatile character & fun to write for so is very good value for a round 6 pick. I'd have no idea how to write Omega & Ibushi but interested to see what you do as they are great wrestlers.

I'm interested to see how you convey the Hollywood feel to this roster. I'd be a big fan of everyone here apart from Big Show I suppose (I still like him just not as much as all the others). The Rock vs Batista in an Oscar on a Pole Match = $$$$ :pac:

Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya, Kerry Von Erich:
    MNG writing SCSA is a scary/mouthwatering prospect. Such a ridiculously talented roster, expecting a few wars. KVE is a great pick at this stage and should fit in brilliantly. Paige against her ma would be a fun feud too.

Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, Bella Twins:
    Hogan, Savage, Goldberg could all easily be round 1 picks (I say this as each were on my original first pick list) so to have all 3 is mighty impressive. Whether we see the Mega Powers together or feuding, Goldberg takes on Ryback or they team up against the Mega Powers, this is set to be a money-making PPV. A bit puzzled by the Bella Twins though but intrigued to see where they fit.

thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria:
    Obviously a unique roster, but also has the edge of being completely unpredictable. You have my 4 favourite women's wrestlers already with Trish, Lita, AJ & Victoria so should be a fun read. You really threw a spanner in the works of this year's draft.

beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws - B.A. Billy Gunn & Road Dogg:
    Great roster with so many options. I've honestly no idea what your main event will entail, nor where Vince McMahon is going to come into it (I'm hoping he and Double J do more than exchange words). Between in ring talent & mic skills this might be tough to beat.

Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T:
    Another roster where I've no idea what the main event is. I could easily see Flair fight DDP, Scott, Booker or Regal. There's someone I could see you picking which would give you another option for a great feud too. Tajiri so far does stand out a bit so looking forward to seeing who feuds with him.

Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody, The Impact Players aka Lance Storm & Justin Credible:
    Safe to say there will be a lot of blood shed in this roster :cool: Assuming it's Bret vs Orton, that's a great main event between two great workers. Lance Storm is someone I thought about picking a few times so looking forward to seeing what he does at WECWF. The whole card is shaping up to be a hard-hitting but brilliant show.

ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev:
    Devitt vs Sting will be brilliant. I'd a lot of fun with Mutoh last year so looking forward to this. Everybody here could fit in anywhere imo. Watched the Monday Night Wars episode that involved WWF trying to make Luger the new Hogan so be interesting to see if he's going to be the patriot that takes down the big bad Russian from Bulgaria.

lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome:
    A really talented roster, I'm expecting to see somebody rise to superstardom but it's anybody's guess who. Jericho is probably the perfect first pick given everybody who has followed and I'm looking forward to it.

campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry:
    I've no idea what your main event will be. With no effort it could be any combination of the first 5 and with good writing there's no reason Anderson or Henry couldn't be in there too. Great characters mixed with great wrestlers is always a winning combination.

brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane Mcmahon, Gangrel:
    Lesnar can be paired with anybody in the draft and it'd make for a great feud. Whether it's Del Rio or Ziggler they'd make great matches. Curious to see what Gangrel gets up to, and Shane O'Mac is always great fun. I'm a fan of Big E so looking forward to seeing your plans for him.

Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler:
    What a ridiculously talented roster. Punk and Lawler will make great promos and everybody can really go in the ring. I've no idea where this is going but it's all set for a Team Japan vs Team CM Punk feud.

mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks:
    The matches on this show would be nothing short of amazing, regardless of combinations. Seriously, I don't think there's anything more that needs to be said :cool:

Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas:
    Fan of everybody here, Kurt Angle is the stand-out and could face anyone (a wrestling classic vs Steamboat? A 3-way mentor vs protege feud?) but a battle of rich tycoons could be on the cards and would be entertaining. Goldust, no matter who he's against, will always be great reading.

connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan:
    Is this PCW's new roster or the next cast of American Horror Story? Some seriously interesting feuds could happen here but having The Brothers of Destruction on the same roster as The Wyatt Family is serious business.

JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, The Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries:
    The possibility of a tag team specialist roster is amazing. And whether some turn on eachother or they all stay together it should be good to see develop. Aries is a great pick too and should be a versatile option depending on who else you can get.

Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, The Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed:
    This is an interesting roster. There's a real mix of styles and we could see any combination of it end up on the PPV card. The Gangstas are an interesting addition and should really ramp up the violence. I reckon the two of them in the same ring as Jeff Hardy would result in deaths :pac:

Lithium93_: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves:
    A really talented roster. Great in ring workers all round, 3 great promos with Rollins, Heyman & Bubba as well as the high flying wrestling of Neville. This would be a really entertaining real life show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lance Storm, Victoria, Gangrel and Tyson Kidd all gone this round already :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Thanks lads the feed back is great. I'll give a few words when I'm at a computer again.

On another note This round is killing me

• Advertisement

I started writing my 1st show already :D desperate to do better than last year

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Thanks for the feedback lads... I'll try get one done myself soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I'll echo what walt said. Cheers for the feedback.

I'll look to do one for others over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Thanks for the awesome feedback everyone! I hope to get something up myself a t the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see a tasty-looking, big-money main event here already and I like the Hollywood theme you're following. I'm very curious to see what your strategy will be for the celeb round and if you add to your stars with another big Hollywood name.
    Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, The Bella Twins

Huge names here and I think you've got way more star power than last year. I really like this mix of classic WWF meets modern wrestling. I'm also curious if you go the Ryback vs Goldberg route which would be a lot of fun.
    thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria

As I said earlier in the game this strategy was a gutsy move and could prove an inspired one. I've used most of these women in the past so it's been hard to see them get snapped up! I'm really excited to see what ideas you come up with.
    beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws - B.A. Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, Tyson Kidd & Harry Smith

You did a fantastic job last year in what I think was your first year. This year you have, I think, assembled a stronger looking roster of talent, and with the experience of last year under your belt, I think you'll be one to watch.
    Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T

There's a WCW vibe I'm getting here which intrigues me. I'm curious to see where you choose to go with your main event as there's quite a lot of ways you could go with it. Great think about the Nature Boy is he can work well with any of them.
    Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody

Really like the looks of this roster and you and I seem to think along similar lines when it comes to picks which is why I hate being after you! You know how to put together great shows and have been unlucky not to win in the past. I think you'll definitely be in the mix.

In Devitt and Sting you've two guys with huge buzz at the moment and I really enjoy this blend of classic guys like Chono with new guys like Rusev. I've always had fun reading your shows and I think this could be your best one yet.
    lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome

There's a WWE meets ECW atmosphere to this show which catches my eye. I'm a fan of all the guys you've picked so I'm looking forward to what you come up with. Think you've a couple of great options for your main event.
    Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition, Raven

Loved your shows last year and Pillman was maybe my favourite character. I was disappointed not to get him this year. I think the idea of his wildman antics vs the stable hero Cena is brilliant if that's the plan. Super tag picks as well. I think you could be right up there too.
    campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry

I always like your write-ups and I recall you wrote very well for Eddie in the past. You've got some great names here and I think your main event should be a belter as you've lots of ways to go with it. Henry was in my sights as well and I think he'll be great fun to use.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan, Lashley

I really like this ECW feel to your show and Foley vs Ambrose is a match I think everyone would love so if you choose to go that route it would be epic. Very keen to see your future picks and read how it all comes together.
    brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane Mcmahon, Gangrel

Love the idea of Brock and Shane on the same show. The beast and the giantkiller! Perhaps working together? Guess I'll have to wait to find out. Very keen to see how you use Dolph as well and if he main events.
    Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler

I like all of these guys and had great fun using some of 'em last year. Honestly I think this is one of the most impressively assembled thus far. You know how to get the most out of your guys and with Punk maybe the most interesting guy at the moment with his UFC buzz, this show will be one to watch.
    mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks

Terrific level of talent right here. All of these guys know how to produce the goods in the ring. I'm very interested to find out who gets the nod in the main event spot as you can't go wrong really.
    Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas

I think you could be a real wildcard in the mix. It's your first year and yet you've been quietly and solidly assembling a superb roster. You've flown a bit under the radar but you could be right up there in contention imo if you can bring it all together.
    connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan

Love the idea of Undertaker and the Wyatts on the same card. I think that could really stand out from the crowd. Also keen to see how you use Bo as he could be a funny guy to use.
    JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, The Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries

The way you bagged Edge and Christian in Rd 1/2 was very well played as you instantly got one of the best tag teams ever. You've followed it up with further great tag picks. Looking forward to who you end up selecting to run the show. TBC........
    Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, New Jack & Mustafa Saed

You're another whose shows I've enjoyed reading in the past and you've assembled a great cast of characters this year. Looking forward to seeing who ends up in the main event position and where Sheamus will fit in.
    Lithium93_: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves

I think you're another new to the game and yet it hasn't stopped you picking very well. I like the blend of old school meets new school and you've got guys who the WWE have probably dropped the ball with such as Hero, Bully Ray and Cesaro and I'm keen to see how they fare on your show.

Overall I can't really pick out a red-hot favourite. There are plenty of great rosters here and it's still very early in the game. When we're 2/3 of the way through perhaps a clearer picture will begin to emerge. In these early days I'd say it's very much all to play for. Really looking forward to the write-ups and the ideas people go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Has anybody disliked even one roster a little yet? It's my first year following this and I'm seeing a whole lot of faces and no heels so far. :)

It reminds me of being back in primary school where we'd book fantasy cards and mark each other out of 100. Nobody ever got less than 90 until the day I gave somebody an 88 and it was as though I'd hung, drawn and quartered his parents instead (though I maintain to this day that his Jim Duggan - Big Boss Man semi main was a train wreck waiting to happen)! :p

nope nobody running down anyones thus far or as Fr Ted would say sure they all have lovely bottoms... and with that here is mine (no not my bottom)

Having an overall theme running throw your roster worked very well last year and this is year I think it could too as your fed goes Hollywood. Batista vs Rock is an obvious big money mania match that should be good to write too but I think what you do elsewhere integues me the most.
    Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, The Bella Twins

I wonder will you go the route people might expect with the super powers colliding again, while you feed Ryback perhaps more than he can handle with Goldberg or will you surprise people. Looking forward to seing what you do with Rick Rude too, can actually imagine The Bellas fighting over the ravishing one though I think you know the story id like to see them involved in
    thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria

Your roster will obviously stand out. It was a great idea imo but one im very curious to see how itl play out. SO many of these ladies could be in the main event, will you play up their past history or will you go for fresh diva dream matches. Could lend you Punk for a week if your planning an AJ/Lita story!
    beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws - B.A. Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, Tyson Kidd & Harry Smith

My Darkhorse to win the thing at this early stage. I could guess the NAO vs The Hart Dynasty, Vince vs Jarrett and HBK vs Jake and all would not only be great matches but great feuds. Then again you could surprise us and after yyour debut write ups were so good last year im looking forward to seeing what you do. Write as early as you can though, I know your busy with the lil one and itd be a shame if you cant get finished

We all would love to see WCW done right and perhaps this is what we will get here. I'm very curious will we get Scott Steiner & William Regal outside of their tag teams and also to see who you have with I assume Ric Flair in your main event. One of the harder rosters to predict and therefore one that def intregues me atm

This has the feel of a WECWF roster alright tecnically great and with a slight ECW / hard as nails slant to it. Others have commented about your potential Bret vs Randy ME and im sure itl be great too. I loved writing for Bret last year (and the other BWA alumni) and no doubt you will be in contention this year. You would have had a real chance last year too iirc just you didnt have too much time for write ups

You impressed a lot last year and this year you have what will attract attension to your roster in the form of big character who huge standout angles can revolve around. Luger and the Lex Express coming after Rusev and Sting vs our own Fergal def stand out and then when you add Mutoh and others to come and you may be a contender
    lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome

Jericho is a great all rounder who would work with many people and you have a few options but I see Reigns being the man. I had plans for him these past 2 years but never got him so im very curious to see how he is used then you have an awesome undercard (inc Awesome) of very writable people for angles like Sandow, Bam Bam or Bad New Barett for example
    Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition, Raven

Everyone loved Pillmans character in your fed last year and the potential to have him lead the way for you feuding against the face of the WWE John Cena is mouthwatering, then that tag feud, great writeable characters for the undercard like Raven or in ring stars like Ibushi and your fed has to be in contention as a favourite at this early stage
    campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry

Great mix of characters and ring technicians here which could deliver a number of co main events of the standard of Eddie vs Perfect which tbh would be pretty hard to top. Can't wait to see how you fill out this roster
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan, Lashley

There is the ECW vibe as mentioned but there is also the chance to out do the WWE with sme guys like Taz or show them the way with others like Kenta. A lot of fan favourites too and the potential Ambrose vs Foley match up would not only be great but the feud would be one id say mos would really enjoy and like to read
    brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane Mcmahon, Gangrel

Everyone loves Shane O Mac, Everyone loves Mr Ziggles, Brock is a beast and Big E could be booked as one too add to that the fact that you say you have something in mind for Gangrel and this could be a roster to surprise others. ADR for exampe has argueable never been hotter than he is right now

In ring ths could be the best there is. Bryan, Malenko, Benoit, Okada... damn there is some fine in wrestling talent. Your writing will need to be good though for the characters to get the storylines to equal such good matches but the Zayn/Steen pick might help there. A contender for sure

On paper I see Angle vs Steamboat and JBL vs Ted Dibiase which would be absoltely awesome both in ring and as a storyline feud but having never been in the draft before id agree your a wildcard as might be Goldust on your roster. He can carry a great undercard feud while the WGTT could do well in a tag team match up with anyone.

Curious to see what you will do with Matt Hardy as tbh its hard to see anything but Taker vs Bray Wyatt and with the rest of the Wyatt clan and Kane/X-Pac on board it could be a feud that could incorporate the whole federations feuds running into your PPV and thats got my attension

Many people see this as the Tag team roster and tbh with E & C, MCMGs and The Wolves its easy to see why. very interested to see which if any teams you split and how you use Aeries who youve picked up in round 5 but I think could have a huge role to play
    Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, New Jack & Mustafa Saed

Don;t like New Jack but ive drafted him before as he is a character and thats one thing your roster has in abundance character. I think this roster may have come in under the radar but looking at it now I actually have to almost stop myself from suggesting potential picks and ideas going forward as there is loads of potential here imo

What I see here is Heyman making people we all know could be stars into huge onesin a ECW/NXT style arena. People who maybe WWE coulda done better with like Hero & Cesaro for example. Rollins is gold and on fire in reality atm making his pick better by the day. Still surprised he was no.1 in the whole thing but that makes me wanna see what you will do with him even more

with regards my own
    Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler

90% decided on how I will use the people I have already drafted and fairly happy with them although maybe im a little too NJPW/ROH and might need a bit more WWE/WCW/TNA in the mix for the reading audience. Also waiting until the celeb rd before I start my write ups as most other planned bits can be done by a backup draft

Just realized I left out MNG (cos I copied and pasted the rosters from his previous post)

He is the 3 time champ who people said could arguably win with a load of jobbers. I doubt that as the standard is so high but Jobbers he certainly does not have esp with Stone Cold Steve Austin leading the way. He also has some great tag teams inc 1 I really wanted but I am most curious as to who he will have vs Austin, my guess someone he hasn't drafted yet. If he gets a strong pre 70s draw I'd be very worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just looked at Lithiums page, he hasn't been online since Wednesday. he has been PMd so hopefully he can make it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Such a shame to have our first missed pick. On to Liz to get this back on track again

• Advertisement

Yeah its definitely unfortunate i don't think we had any misses last year , We had one close one but that was it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Has anyone PMd Liz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm happy to get Santino who I may also use as Santina :p and thanks for roster feedback

Perhaps it's due to the tag team limit but I thought Santino might go as part of a tag team. Had him last year and he can be great fun to write and is a good character to have on a roster for added comedic effect but he can also go in the ring so won't let you down in that respect. Fan favorite too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Working on who to pick now. My top two picks for this round (Henry and the Gangstas) are gone so want to do a check over who fits my ideas :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went with Daivari. Maybe not the biggest name, but think he'll work very well with a story I have in mind...

A reshoot of American Sniper :D with Rocky replacing Bradley Cooper :D

MNG : Steve Austin, The Brainbusters Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, , Paige & Sweet Saraya
    : I stand by my comment that it doesnt matter who your roster is, you will make them shine if your one form. As usual my expectations is high.

I wonder if you will be going down the comedy route this year as your write ups were fairly entertaining last year and your current roster has plenty of potential do do something similar.

A much better roster this year than last year (in my opinion), Id have more fun writing for this roster than your previous one and the characters involved have a broader range for potential feuds

Im going to reserve judgment on this roster. Its a bold move and one in which my gut is saying it wont pay off. But if anyone can make it happen its you (or MNG) I route id be very against going down though you have almost the luxury of getting what talent you really wanted in the opening rounds.

Ive no idea what im doing, i keep changing my mind which I hope is only a good thing.

Your an big gold belt away from WCW in 1998 (minus Tajiri), of course your roster aint done yet and probably wont be all WCW but at the moment its looking that way and wondering can you capture teh good vibe of WCW with this roster and hindsight of how WCW bookers went wrong. I hope none of these guys have creative control :)

Last years best roster has change considerably but is still as strong. Every guy bar Orton was on my list and will be an asset to you. My fav roster so far if im honest.

A fun roster for sure. a band of guys who can be not only fun to write with but can be different characters on a couple of levels ( Fan fav Luger, or the narcissist, Surfer Sting or Crow Sting etc). Looking forward to reading what you come up with as I loved Flair v Cena from last year and was my fav feud from 2014s draft.

Im a fan of all these guys except Awesome (hes an asshole) but that can be a good thing. Id love to see him as a heel who played up to his real life persona (a big guy who hurt people to get over). As a jericho fan im looking forward to which Jericho turns up.

You've picked Pillman again so im intrigued to see if we get the same Pillman as last year and how Cena will interact with him. A solid roster here that if written well can be a dark horse to win.

As always youre itching to go and I enjoyed Bray v The Rock last year so im expecting big things with this roster. Bringing the outsiders together improves both Hall and Nash who alone dont have the same drawing power so good move.
    Enjoy Ambrose, I feel he was my jewel in the crown last year and can be the center piece of your fed. Him and Foley could be a great feud to write for as both when on form are top characters who id love to see engage more.

Shane looks like he could be you're Paul Heyman type guy for Brock... or will he face off against him in the ultimate David v Goliath. Gangrel is an interesting pick, obviously you have a plan for him which makes me think your back and better than ever after a great first year previously.
    Like MNG, I expect big things from you and think it doesnt matter who you have on you're roster that it will be entertaining no matter what. Its like MNGs roster meets yours from last year and I expect you to play off that.

Terrific level of talent right here as said by someone else but its gonna put teh pressure on you to use it well. One thing I will note is that you have a very uncharasmatic yet technically sound roster and taht could hinder you're write ups. But as we saw last year, you can write like teh best of them and hopefully wont have the time con straights you had last year.
    Sin Eater:Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas
    A great character driven roster makes me worry about you (as an opponent not as a writer). You could easily win this with such a great roster and If you can match the write ups with this roster, I fear you could be a favourite to win.

Matt Hardy v Bo sticks out more than Bray v Undertaker. I feel this feud if done, could be so good in real life that it be a shame not to book it.

Im calling and Edge v Christian Feud better than anything WWE did. Very tag team orientated but that doesnt mean you will be a tag team roster. Raging you got the wolves as had a plan for them and was hoping they would last til me. Damn you Liz
    I loved reading your shows from the past (I read over doing homework for last years draft. ) An odd roster on paper but judging by your history, it just means feuds we havent seen and im looking forward to reading what you come up with.
    A vert balanced roster with no stand out feud so it will be fun to see what you do. Seth Rollins as your first pick shall be one pick I may have found odd at teh time but may be a masterstroke.

Overall Theres no way of telling who has a good roster yet til write ups start but I love speculating. Im looking forward to the rest of the picks.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just looked at Lithiums page, he hasn't been online since Wednesday. he has been PMd so hopefully he can make it online.

It's been another 2 days and he still hasn't been online I wonder will he be unable to continue. I assume his pick was pushed back to the end of the rd when he missed it but can't remember the consensus from previous games if he was to fail to make the 24hrs again would the first sub come in?

There are 2 reserves atm iirc the first of which is DM-Ice (DM7) who was also a reserve last yeah and didn't end up being needed. I only bring it up as weekdays tend to see more picks and if we got a run on later it could almost be Lithiums pick again and although I dont want anyone to lose out ideally it would be decided in advance.

----

I actually don't usually mind when the rounds slow down as it fgives time to start writing shows but ideally it would happen a few picks later as I think my Celeb/pres 70s pick might be vital to my storylines so I kinda have to wait on those rounds before I can do big amounts of write ups

• Advertisement

----

I actually don't usually mind when the rounds slow down as it fgives time to start writing shows but ideally it would happen a few picks later as I think my Celeb/pres 70s pick might be vital to my storylines so I kinda have to wait on those rounds before I can do big amounts of write ups

I have a celeb and a few Pre 70s pick in mind and I keep think....what if theres no Celeb or Pre 70 round :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement