Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I have a celeb and a few Pre 70s pick in mind and I keep think....what if theres no Celeb or Pre 70 round :eek::eek::eek:

don't you scare me like that!

though I seem to recall TSC mentioning those two somewhere perhaps when looking for ideas for others. Itd seem weird if we didnt have the celeb round after it being there every year, afterall people can opt out of the celeb round if they so wish plus they have to have some wrestling connection (though is some years that was extremely loose) plus what would Wrestlemania be without celebs down the years

. There is one in particular I would really want and another that I did want but no matter how much I look for a link I don't think he is eligable.

The pre-70s round is a necessity imo, a PW draft would not be right in any form if some of those who debuted pre 1970 could not be drafted. Considering that includes some of the biggest names the industry has ever seen inc Wrestlemania headliners for example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hi guys. Excuse the delay. I draft Jack Swagger.

Edit: Oops will put this in the draft thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ooh almost round 7.... still alot of great picks out there for ECW guys and for teh next round stip permitting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Hi guys. Excuse the delay. I draft Jack Swagger.

Edit: Oops will put this in the draft thread.

You ****. Wanted him and Daivari. DAMMIT!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You ****. Wanted him and Daivari. DAMMIT!

I think you should of picked Swagger first, Davari could of last til round 12

Any stip for round seven?

• Advertisement

Yeah was a little surprised about that myself, im sure TSC has a plan for Davari but id think he woulda lasted till much later even with the stip in this round

Honestly, I picked Daivari and then after the pick, realised Swagger would have worked well with him. But Daivari is the guy I needed for the story, Swagger was who I wanted after the fact....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honestly, I picked Daivari and then after the pick, realised Swagger would have worked well with him. But Daivari is the guy I needed for the story, Swagger was who I wanted after the fact....

Its a deadly game..... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I actually thought Swagger was gone in a previous round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The pace of this round is disappointing. This current round has been going nearly a week now. I checked last year's game and on the 19th January we were just beginning Round 8 then.

Certain hours of the day suit people differently but I was wondering would it be worthwhile for each of us to specify times that would be most favourable to us and when we'd be most likely to make our pick?

e.g. 'I'd be most likely to pick between the hours of 7pm and 10pm.'

or

'I'd be most likely to pick between the hours of 9am and 11am.'

That way we could compile all this info together in one place and use it as a guide to get a greater sense of the likelihood of getting a nice run of picks going.

(Note - this would just be a guideline for everyone. Obviously there will be times when stuff comes up and you can't make your most likely times.)

I think it would be handy because on occasions you'll see several people online and they'll be waiting on one person to show up. Let's say for example I'm next to pick and everyone below me is online. Someone may well say, 'I hope MNG turns up because with everyone else around then we can get a good run of picks going.'

Well if I have a sense of when everyone is most likely to be on, and vice-versa, then there is a greater chance of me being on and getting a nice run going, if you catch my drift. Thoughts? (Feel free to knock this as the ramblings of an impatient sod btw :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

To be fair MNG, last year moved very quick compared to other years. We had our first 24 hour time-out of the year this round and people are just starting to settle back into work and such. We should still have round 10 started before February which give us lots of time to write up!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    To be fair MNG, last year moved very quick compared to other years.

Yeah, I felt we tore through it last year; this seems more like the norm tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

MNG looking for a fast pace to bamboozle the competition to keep the winners tag :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    To be fair MNG, last year moved very quick compared to other years. We had our first 24 hour time-out of the year this round and people are just starting to settle back into work and such. We should still have round 10 started before February which give us lots of time to write up!

That's a fair point and there is part of me telling myself this. The other part of me is more like this...

MNG looking for a fast pace to bamboozle the competition to keep the winners tag :p

Wait til you see my bribery round idea. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Sorry for the delay guys just checking out a possible tag pick with the Lord

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Why has nobody picked the person I have in mind yet :pac:

well well well...... can I go home from work and the computer or will i be waiting another while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Pick made, delighted to snap up Sandman and Dreamer this late in an ECW round.

Jester252 wrote: »
    Pick made, delighted to snap up Sandman and Dreamer this late in an ECW round.

Well that was a clever interesting smart pick getting those two

Pick made PM sent happy out with that pick I must say good value at this stage of the stip

Also I feel like it's been an age between my last pick an now (just by virtue of being so early in the previous round)

• Advertisement

Pick made PM sent happy out with that pick I must say good value at this stage of the stip

Also I feel like it's been an age between my last pick an now (just by virtue of being so early in the previous round)

Another good pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Surprised Rhyno lasted that long. I nearly picked him instead of Tazz in the last round as I was sure there was no chance of him reaching me. Finally have some proper plans for my feuds now, eager to get a few picks in and finalise them.

Surprised Rhyno lasted that long. I nearly picked him instead of Tazz in the last round as I was sure there was no chance of him reaching me. Finally have some proper plans for my feuds now, eager to get a few picks in and finalise them.

I'm the same trying to get the best mix of people feuding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Where is the next round order?

Its up now.

Given Lithium missed his pick, he'll have another 24 hour period with which to return. Otherwise we'll draft in a replacement and move on.

well that 24hrs starts now. I think you said Liz was still to go in the other thread but she was I think no.15 or so in that last round

Lithuim at last check had not been online since last Wed so me getting no.18 might be waiting a while.

Whoops, you're right. Read the wrong list and thought it was Liz's pick. My bad, post amended.

I take it that its a normal round yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm good to pick then?

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'm good to pick then?

No, Lith has 24 hours to pick again first

Advertisement