Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its getting to that stage when you are sorting feuds in your head with potential picks. Im all over the place for the next pick. All my picks could make it to later rounds or could easily be gone soon as they rounds they have been picked have varied in alot of previous years. Im in a tizzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That's two of my major feuds locked up. Lovely. Better teams and better wrestlers are out there, but the Ascension fit right in with what i've got and both my original feuds have come to pass.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's two of my major feuds locked up. Lovely. Better teams and better wrestlers are out there, but the Ascension fit right in with what i've got and both my original feuds have come to pass.

Couldnt agree more. Getting guys who fit is paramount over better real life wrestling talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Moneymaker wrote: »

vader.jpg

That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think mine might be hidden too but I'm virtually always online before 7pm Irish time atm and then from 3/4am onwards again

I'd usually be around after 7pm although this is an exception.

Pity to lose a participant and hopefully Lith is okay. Welcome to the game, DM. Great pick to start off with. Had Umaga in my sights.
    Moneymaker wrote:

Yeah they fit in perfectly with your teams. I'm keen to see how you book them as I don't think WWE knows what to do with them.

• Advertisement

As promised;
    Lord TSC: The Rock, Batista, The Miz & John Morrison, The Big Show, Ron Simmons, Shawn Daivari

I like this roster. You have the Hollywood thing going but you still have a good variety here. Big guys, smaller guys, brawlers, good talkers etc.
    Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya, Kerry Von Erich

As always, you have a great collection of talent. Austin and Blanchard would be very tasty indeed. Should be some crazy brawls.
    Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, Brie & Nikki Bella

Very WcW feel here. That may or may not be a good thing. I don't see where the Bella's fit in, maybe in the middle of a Savage and Rude feud?
    thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria

You deserve bonus points for simply having the balls to try something different. Fascinated to see how this goes.
    beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, Tyson Kidd & Harry Smith aka Hart Dynasty

Lots of great performers + lots of great characters. You should be a strong contender.
    Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T, William Regal & Tajiri, Tommy Dreamer & Sandman

I like this roster. Good variety, Steiner is always fun to write so i'm interested to see how you do with him. DDP and Flair should be some craic with him.
    Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody, Justin Credible & Lance Storm

Good mix again. Technical wrestlers and brawlers. I really like the idea of a Hart vs Brody or Hart vs Orton feud. Perfect roster for Orton to go on a tear as the Legend Killer.
    ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev, Jack Swagger

Some tasty feuds here. Mutoh is a real wildcard. I'm not a big Luger fan but him and Rusev has potential.
    lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome

Solid roster but it lacks star power imo. Jericho as the top heel and a well written Bam Bam could help a lot though.
    campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry

Potential dark horse here. Great mix of technical wrestlers, big men and most of whom have a ton of charisma.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan, Bobby Lashley

I like this. I expect plenty of violence and insanity. Should be fun to read.
    brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane McMahon, Gangrel

I like the roster but I don't see anyone at Brock's level. Maybe a Shane O'Mac vs Lesnar street fight is on the cards?
    Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler

I love this roster. Vader to tear through the Japanese lads plx.
    mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks, Chris Candido

Pound for pound you have the best wrestlers, but questions can be asked about the charisma or how believable promos and segments would be. Steen and Okada are key to your success imo.
    Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Finlay

Deceptively great roster here. Whole bunch of dream matches here. Steamboat vs Angle and Hansen vs Angle are gold.
    connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan, Rhyno

I see some epic 6 man tags on the horizon here. Taker vs Bray being the overlying feud but you have a lot of logical choices that can tie in too.
    JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, The Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, The American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries, Santino Marella

Crazy tag team wrestling awaits! I'm curious to see if you throw in a swerve or two.
    Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, The Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed

Good variety again. HHH vs Styles excites me.
    Lithium93_: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves

I'm sure this roster is in great hands as there's a ton of potential here. I don't see a true top tier star but strong writing can overcome that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd give you very short odds on that trio of tag teams getting tag team of the year and very possibly fued of the year.

Fantastic drafting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DM_7 wrote: »
    So I should pick now so?

Happy to sort out if it's permanent or temporary after. Happy to do either.

Welcome DM

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'd give you very short odds on that trio of tag teams getting tag team of the year and very possibly fued of the year.

Fantastic drafting.

I reckon Liz might have something to say about that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Working on mine now be up in a few minutes :)

• Advertisement

Pick made and Pm sent

Pick made and Pm sent

Hassan is a great pick for this stage and he could work well against any of your roster

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pick made and Pm sent

:(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    :(

When you got his sidekick, I think most knew you wanted MoMo

I was amazed you picked him Davari 1st to be honest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was amazed you picked him Davari 1st to be honest

It was an ECW round, and I hoped to pick Hassan up next round :/ And Swagger, who went too. Davari works with the story I have planned with others already drafted and will be a vital part of the stories I'll be writing. Hassan and Swagger would have seriously added to them, but I'll find others...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Happy to get Thunder Liger so late in the game. Two more picks and I can start putting all the wrestlers I have into feuds (most are in there already)

Ahh well done man had my eyes on liger for my next pick

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Sad to see Lithium drop out especially as this was his first draft.. Very excited to see what the Iceman, can do in his place, especially as he as absolutely top writing skills, back from the BWE days (bang bang)

Thanks again for the others who've written roster reviews, i promise I'll do one myself at the end of this round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was a little surprised Liger wasn't snapped up before now (was on my list) but he really fits in well with your roster though perhaps you have enough great technicians now and start going for promo guys.

Interested to see if people try for a few females now, thankfully there are still a few really good ones left and TBC can only take 1 per round now ha

One tag team I'm very curious to see who will take too, SPongey or Shagnasti would be my guesses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Apologies for the delay. Got the PM late last night but was still undecided. Went with my gut instinct on this one but happy with him. PM sent to Brad Maddox

Good choice, he woulda never made it to me but he was my top choice for this rounds, though I suppose someone else can fit the role I had in mind for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hassan is always picked later than he should be in the draft IMO.

A brilliant gimmick, a heat magnet and can work a fine match.

First Liger then Shamrock.... will any of my picks make it to me??? grrrrr. Though Liger was my first pick this round, Shamrock wasnt as important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Pick is up, PM sent. Will update the post with a photo in a few minutes.

I'm surprised Bobby Rooooooo lasted so long. He's the pick I was hoping Liz would pair up with Aries so I'd be interested to know if that was ever on the cards? Also I think the reason Hassan lasts this long most years is people can risk choosing bigger headline names and still have a good chance of picking him up.

Pick is up, PM sent. Will update the post with a photo in a few minutes.

I'm surprised Bobby Rooooooo lasted so long. He's the pick I was hoping Liz would pair up with Aries so I'd be interested to know if that was ever on the cards? Also I think the reason Hassan lasts this long most years is people can risk choosing bigger headline names and still have a good chance of picking him up.

I did have Roode in mind for this round too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I drafted Ken before. Versatile guy, with his real life background he is highly credible for anywhere on the card. Good guy or bad guy. Great guy for any roster (excluding the all girl one!)

He was under consideration for me this round to put with Heyman. Would draft him with a tag partner assuming his nwa title run is excluded from the world title list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

DM_7 wrote: »
    I drafted Ken before. Versatile guy, with his real life background he is highly credible for anywhere on the card. Good guy or bad guy. Great guy for any roster (excluding the all girl one!)

He was under consideration for me this round to put with Heyman. Would draft him with a tag partner assuming his nwa title run is excluded from the world title list.

It is excluded but the only partner I considered wasn't a team long enough. I loved Shamrock as a kid and distinctly remember being gutted when I missed out on him last year. I was watching KotR 98 last night as well

You simply had to take Gail Kim. Great addition to any roster esp yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Pick made and PM sent.

There are two big names left on my list that can work with anyone's roster, Gail and another woman. I figured both of them wouldn't make it past this round so grabbing at least one of the two was a must do this round. I'd actually be stunned if the other woman survives the rest of the round.

Advertisement