Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pick made and PM sent. Need two more picks and can start writing my shows then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Does the pre 70s round happen in a set round every year or whenever Lord TSC decides?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM_7 wrote: »
    Does the pre 70s round happen in a set round every year or whenever Lord TSC decides?

up to TSC but usually around rd10. The Celeb round usually happens around that time or before it too as although last year when it was early many people opted not to pick a celeb so as to get a still decent name wrestler some people use Celebs as their GMs and might need them to start writing.

It's those 2 rounds that writing usually begins after. That said I could see a few stip rounds coming now and maybe they will be reversed (so perhaps they will be back to back) although if one is an order decided by worst average draw so far (weve had such a stip previously) then it probably wouldnt be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

The Bullet club is reforming!
    The Bullet club is not reforming!

was wondering last round if the roster with AJ Styles or Devitt would take those 2.

edit: mixed up rosters there but must say missed opportunity there but good pick for Sin Eater

Bullet Club reunion could still be on the cards, as I am open to trades ... but it'd have to be a good deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Worth noting it's not that I've got an abundance of stip rounds left in reserve tbh.

We have 6 rounds left. Four will be stip rounds, and ye can probably guess at least two, possibly three. BH did offer a very good twist on the standard stip rounds and I'll probably implement it on two of the stips for fun. But it's not that there's anything massively groundbreaking in the pipelines...just a few ideas to open things up as much as possible as potential options start to limit themselves....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Hi all, this has been a "spring cleaning" weekend and I didn't think the pick would come around until tomorrow. I have 2 or 3 in mind and will get it up the next time I can get to the laptop (in about 2/3 hours I think). Just heading to the skip (glamour).

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Worth noting it's not that I've got an abundance of stip rounds left in reserve tbh.

We have 6 rounds left. Four will be stip rounds, and ye can probably guess at least two, possibly three. BH did offer a very good twist on the standard stip rounds and I'll probably implement it on two of the stips for fun. But it's not that there's anything massively groundbreaking in the pipelines...just a few ideas to open things up as much as possible as potential options start to limit themselves....

Like the sound of that but don't we have 7/8 rounds left?

9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

plus round 8 for a lot of us still.

not trying to say your wrong :pac: just hoping we are actually having 15 rounds cos otherwise ill be changing my plans sharpish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, I can't count.

9-15 is indeed 7 rounds, not six.

Reckon 9, 10, 12 and 15 will be stip rounds then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Happy with my pick. Never used him before but always wanted to, and with the Austin connection it seemed too good to pass up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He was awesome to write for last year made him a real dick lol

• Advertisement

Happy with my pick. Never used him before but always wanted to, and with the Austin connection it seemed too good to pass up.

I think I have the opposite problem to you, my Roster has a lack of established big names, yours has Stone Cold, how do you get someone to go against such a big name? I would guess Eric is key to unlocking that issue for you? Maybe you have something else planned.

Heyman is the key to unlocking my problem.

I think I have the opposite problem to you, my Roster has a lack of established big names, yours has Stone Cold, how do you get someone to go against such a big name? I would guess Eric is key to unlocking that issue for you? Maybe you have something else planned.

I'm guessing if anyone hasn't got an opponent to go against their big name in their main event then the pre 70s round may hold the key to unlocking that problem.

Heyman / Easy E though could be the ones for storyline purposes that turn that key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Hey I'm gonna have to pick in the morning my list is at work with my back up for this round as Heath got picked

Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hey I'm gonna have to pick in the morning my list is at work with my back up for this round as Heath got picked

Sorry

:(

beakerjoe wrote: »
    :(

Are you after me?

Are you after me?

2 after you

2 after you

I am sorry just will need 20 mins in morning so pick will be done by 10 tomorrow. Its a storyline rejig I dunno of the top of my head who i had to replace Heath in a storyline I had written.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah you have a roster with a lot of young guys/guys who never got a fair crack with WWE, so I'd say Heyman is the perfect man to harness that.

As for me I always knew I'd need a strong character to contrast the anti-establishment figure of Austin and Bischoff will do that very nicely. I'd say I'm 90% sure I know who my opponent for Austin will be, but as BH says, things can change.

I was just thinking about the Rumble tonight: if Rollins has his big moment tonight, then that will work out well for you. A bit like when Edge took the title for the first time and his stock raised dramatically. Has the Draft got you hoping for a Rollins win this evening? :cool:

Rollins had me hoping for a Rollins win before the draft. The star of the wrestling year in WWE anyway.

I wouldn't expect him to carry the title into Mania this year though, also with the man you mentioned in the rumble thread to potentially be added to the mix.

Not knowing what Lithium had planned does leave me hoping for a good draw come the 70s round.

Is anyone online and could do a search for me. I'm on my phone and I wanna search the picks to doubley make sure I'm not picking someone already picked. But phone searching is useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is anyone online and could do a search for me. I'm on my phone and I wanna search the picks to doubley make sure I'm not picking someone already picked. But phone searching is useless

I can, happy to help

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I can, happy to help

Thanks Liz I PMd you there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Well feck it anyway :P I thought for sure he'd last longer this year since he hasn't been on telly at all.

Pick made PM sent.

In all fairness he suits the role I have in a certain storyline that I had Heath in mind for so I'm happy there the next round will see if I can complete it though.
    Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Steph was my top pick for this round, was hoping to pair her with Edge or Aries

I thought thebostoncrab might have taken her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Haha no worries, he's not that important to my show, at least not when compared to my plans for him last year. I refuse to change my company's name this year though :pac:

Fair play con man. For the record I was happy waiting

Fair play con man. For the record I was happy waiting

Oh I know but I know the feeling of being really close to picking. And sure he dawned on me soon after that

Pick made and I got who I wanted! Very pleased.

• Advertisement

Pick made - hopefully not already picked :pac:

Getting hard to keep track of everything.

This Round is moving well though.

TSC will be needed soon!

Genuinely torn between a few options but went with Big Barry as he is sure to fit in well. Some of my other options may have become redundant later on by not getting the people I would need for them to feud with or getting someone in another round that means I never needed to draft that person in this round at all.

Advertisement