Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Sin Eater wrote: »
    So ... just to be clear in my own head .... in the celebs round ... we can pick any celeb that have appeared in any manner for the relevant promotions? And use in any way on our rosters, including as regular wrestlers?

(Sorry if it's a stupid question)

Yep, use them anyway you like. But this is the only round you can pick one up although you're not obliged to

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Yep, use them anyway you like. But this is the only round you can pick one up although you're not obliged to

Cheers ... it hadn't really occurred to me to pick a celeb ... but now I'll certainly be putting the thinking cap on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Sin Eater wrote: »
    Cheers ... it hadn't really occurred to me to pick a celeb ... but now I'll certainly be putting the thinking cap on.

It sometimes helps a storyline and since some of them can fight they are handy to have a match with them too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They can make a good GM or manager / Valet too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pick made and PM sent. One of my least favourite public figures but that might play well on this game. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Pick made and PM sent. One of my least favourite public figures but that might play well on this game. :pac:

She better eat a Stunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is no where safe from the Kardashians to invade :p A stunner to her from SCSA please Mr.Nice Guy

almost spat coke all over the laptop screen when I read about MNGs draft pick making a living by taking a pounding. It always is fun to read your shows but I can def see her adding an interesting comedic slant to the write ups

Lord TSC: The Rock, Batista, The Miz & John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Ron Simmons, Shawn Daivari, LAX aka Homicide & Hernandez, Kofi Kingston & R-Truth, Roddy Piper

Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya, Kerry Von Erich, Tyler Breeze, Eric Bischoff, Nick Bockwinkel, Kim Kardashian

Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, Brie & Nikki Bella, Val Venis, Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins, Jimmy Hart, John Laurinaitis

thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria, Gail Kim, Mickie James, Awesome Kong

beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, Hart Dynasty aka Tyson Kidd & Harry Smith, Nigel McGuinness, Magnum TA, Rhonda Rousey, Matt Morgan & Abyss

Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T, William Regal & Tajiri, Tommy Dreamer & Sandman, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Heath Slater & Titus O'Neill, Buddy Rogers

Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody, Justin Credible & Lance Storm, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, Dusty Rhodes

ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev, The Big Show, Iron Sheik, Rick Martel, Andre The Giant

lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert, Stephanie McMahon, Carlos Colón Snr

Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition, Raven, Ascension aka Konnor & Viktor, Ultimo Dragon, Bruno Sammartino, Arnold Schwarzenegger

campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry, James Storm, Nikita Koloff, Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff,Bob Sapp

A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan, Bobby Lashley, Ken Shamrock, Adam Cole, Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff, Mike Tyson

brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane McMahon, Gangrel, Muhammad Hassan, Steve Blackman, Dos Caras, Hugh Jackman

Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Jesse Ventura, Dan Severn, Abdullah the Butcher & The Sheik

mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks, Chris Candido, Justin Thunder Liger, Ethan Carter III, Harley Race

Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Finlay, Steve "Dr Death" Williams & Mike Rotunda, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson, Terry Funk

connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan, Rhyno, D'Lo Brown & Papa Shango, Brad Maddox, Ricardo Rodriguez

JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries, Santino Marella, Low-Ki & Frankie Kazarian, Lethal Consequences aka Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed, Bobby Heenan

Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed, Bobby Roode, Jimmy & Jey Uso, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Pamela Anderson

DM_7: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves, Umaga, Mark & Jay Briscoe, Barry Windham, Superstar Billy Graham, Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne

almost spat coke all over the laptop screen when I read about MNGs draft pick making a living by taking a pounding. It always is fun to read your shows but I can def see her adding an interesting comedic slant to the write ups

Cheers. That comedic potential was one of the main reasons I took her. I think she can play well in segments with the likes of Paige, Tyler Breeze, and of course Stone Cold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

My pick will be up for 7pm.

Have to decide on a celeb or wrestler I will need. But am supposed to be working for another hour or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Very pleased with the roster im building.

Shame it will be let down by the pleb doing the writing. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Happy enough with my roster too so far maybe needs a few lowercard bodies yet though is 5 more rounds left ?

:(

Sad to find the guy I wanted most was not in any of the eligible promotions even though he was all around the US and two of the best promotions out there.

On the flip side one of the guys I wanted to mix him with is. Matt Sydal / Evan Bourne.

I bet he would have lasted and I could have picked someone else but didn't want to hold things up anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I was going to grab Bourne on my next go around great pick pal , Also it has begun my 1st show is up and running have my 1st match done already too and 2 nice angles born out of it ! So exciting !

DM_7 wrote: »
    Wait till you see my next pick :pac:

Oh and the above was just messing with you tbc

We're 2/3 of the way through the picks process so here's the latest look at the averages. (I didn't provide any stats this time as this took me long enough :pac:)

The previous averages can be seen here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93847390&postcount=505

Draft placings after 10 rounds

Bounty Hunter = 4, 17, 20, 18, 3, 1, 18, 17, 8, 13
    RAF32 = 16, 5, 19, 16, 8, 2, 17, 7, 16, 5
    Lebowskilite = 17, 4, 18, 8, 12, 3, 2, 8, 11, 10
    Uncle Walt = 9, 12, 17, 4, 16, 4, 19, 20, 3, 18
    MNG = 7, 14, 16, 7, 10, 5, 20, 9, 15, 6
    MoneyMaker = 11, 10, 15, 6, 15, 6, 1, 11, 13, 8
    Campo = 14, 7, 14, 1, 18, 7, 15, 4, 18, 3
    Spongey1975 = 8, 13, 13, 10, 11, 8, 5, 13, 14, 7
    thebostoncrab = 12, 9, 12, 3, 13, 9, 7, 10, 4, 17
    BrianRegan = 15, 6, 11, 15, 6, 10, 3, 18, 19, 2
    Brad Maddox Guy = 18, 3, 10, 9, 17, 11, 6, 19, 17, 4
    Beaker Joe = 3, 18, 9, 5, 2, 12, 9, 14, 20, 1
    Lithium93/DM_7 = 1, 20, 8, 11, 14, 13, 10, 16, 12, 9
    JP Liz = 20, 1, 7, 13, 20, 14, 14, 15, 6, 15
    Lord TSC = 2, 19, 6, 12, 7, 15, 13, 1, 2, 19
    Shagnasti = 19, 2, 5, 19, 4, 16, 16, 5, 1, 20
    Jester252 = 10, 11, 4, 14, 9, 17, 8, 6, 9, 12
    Connemara man = 5, 16, 3, 17, 1, 18, 12, 12, 10, 11
    Sin Eater = 13, 8, 2, 20, 5, 19, 11, 2, 5, 16
    MrKiscool2 = 6, 15, 1, 2, 19, 20, 4, 3, 7, 14

Average order (ranked from lowest to highest)

1. MrKiscool2: 9.1
    2. Beaker Joe: 9.3
    = Lebowskilite
    3. Lord TSC: 9.6
    = Moneymaker
    = thebostoncrab
    4. Jester252: 10
    5. Campo: 10.1
    = Sin Eater
    6. Spongey1975: 10.2
    7. BrianRegan: 10.5
    = Connemara Man
    8. Shagnasti: 10.7
    9. MNG: 10.9
    10. Raf32: 11.1
    11. A Brad Maddox Guy: 11.4
    = Lithium93/DM_7
    12. Bounty Hunter: 11.9
    13. Uncle Walt: 12.2
    14. JP Liz: 12.5

As you can see the gap between highest and lowest has narrowed further which is to be welcomed. We're all around the same mark, although poor Liz is still propping up the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Just a quick post to say I'm still following this. Loving the way most of the rosters are coming together can see serious money in some of the potential feuds.

If anyone wants to hop an idea off someone neutral just chuck me a pm and I'll give my honest opinion as a neutral. I will of course keep it confidential! Unless someone wants to bribe me for the info with a brown envelope full of cash :-)

Does lebowskilite know he is next to pick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well he is on PW right now so I guess so

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I did send a pm so hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Well he is on PW right now so I guess so

Apologies all! A rough timeline of this is:

1am - Logs onto Boards, sees PM, doesn't know who to pick, sleeps on it.
    12.30pm the next day - Goes to lunch, logs onto boards, remembers about pick. Then work-related ****storm.
    12.30 until now: Laptop whirrs away while I am busy elsewhere.
    6pm: I go back to laptop, curse my environmental irresponsibility, and pick Justin Gabriel :p

Apologies for the delay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

When is evaluation thread going up

90a5442391c143173baf1fd82e5b2449-10-gifs-of-soon-moments-in-games.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh ****, sorry, forgot about it. Will do it first thing tomorrow morning.

By the way the soon pic was done while drunk on my phone.....

Some cudos??? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

By the way the soon pic was done while drunk on my phone.....

Some cudos??? :P
    If I could I would thank it again. But I can't, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Pick made. PM sent sorry for the delay just testing the waters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I genuinely had to google who that was :P

Advertisement