Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

didn't see Raven of the simeone variety being picked will be interesting to see how she is used....pick made and pm sent

DAMNIT! Wanted Rousey to go against Awesome Kong!

*runs through notes franticly"
    If it's any consolation I was going to take her too and I was also going to pair her up against a big monster. Great minds, eh? ;)

Back to the drawing board for me. I'll pick within the hour. Torn between two at the moment.

Is it wrong that seing these posts makes me even happier with that pick / trade :pac:

and now I can start writing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

For the 1st post can we post the 1st show instead of an outline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

1st show up, it is short and sweet but appreciate any feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Will have my pick up soon, torn between 3 all day but have decided what I am doing now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For the 1st post can we post the 1st show instead of an outline

Yeah, you dont have to do an outline. Just an option if people want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

This is my first year really paying attention to the Draft and I have to say fair play to all the entrants for the time and effort being put in and the great rosters being put together, I genuinely couldn't pick a favourite roster. Would anyone mind answering some newbie questions I have?

- How long does the competition last? Is there a set number of weekly shows leading up to one PPV?

- This is a competition, yes? Will there be a public poll at the end for everyone to vote for their favourite promotion?

- Has any one Boardsie won more of these than anyone else?

- Is there ever any inter-promotion battles?

I had more q's but I've forgotten them now :o:o

Would it be okay to use someone's entrance music whose not on you're roster to you know bait and switch ? can pm to explain better if needs be

The character wouldn't be on the show at all just his music and the character who owns it would be aluded to by the commentators

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would it be okay to use someone's entrance music whose not on you're roster to you know bait and switch ? can pm to explain better if needs be

The character wouldn't be on the show at all just his music and the character who owns it would be aluded to by the commentators

That might be one of those things you could just do without asking and there is not much that anyone could do about it :pac:

Brendão wrote: »
    This is my first year really paying attention to the Draft and I have to say fair play to all the entrants for the time and effort being put in and the great rosters being put together, I genuinely couldn't pick a favourite roster. Would anyone mind answering some newbie questions I have?

- How long does the competition last? Is there a set number of weekly shows leading up to one PPV?

There is one PPV at the end. You can post 5 shows/stories in the lead up to it. These shows normally take place in tandem with the last few draft rounds.

The weekly shows are not something you have to do but most would try to do a few if not all 5 in the lead up to the PPV

- This is a competition, yes? Will there be a public poll at the end for everyone to vote for their favourite promotion?

I thinks its normally voted upon by the people taking part. Open to correction on that

- Has any one Boardsie won more of these than anyone else?

Yes, and its Mr Nice Guy, I think he won the last three in a row.

- Is there ever any inter-promotion battles?

Yes, some posters have a feuds that have even lasted more than one year.

That's true just didn't want people thinking I was been a dick as this is still only my 2nd year doing it lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

DM_7 wrote: »

I thinks its normally voted upon by the people taking part. Open to correction on that

This is correct but there are also the separate awards which anyone can vote for. Can't remember if anyone not involved voted last year though

That was an extremely tough choice. I had a celebrity in mind, Generation Next and another wrestler who I am praying won't be snapped up before my next pick!

Erm mrkiscool2, that pic is Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards!

Erm mrkiscool2, that pic is Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards!
    Woops shall edit now!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Woops shall edit now!

:) Its not that easy to find a good pic of your two boys together (without others)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Thanks for the answers lads, just one more question:

When you write for a character, do you have to keep in mind their previous relationships with people, for example Austin and Bischoff, or can you rewrite history and pretend they never had a feud? I'm guessing it's up to the writer for the promotion?

When you write for a character, do you have to keep in mind their previous relationships with people, for example Austin and Bischoff, or can you rewrite history and pretend they never had a feud? I'm guessing it's up to the writer for the promotion?

You can pretty much do what you like.

It would make sense to use things that actually happened if it furthers a feud though so you will see that. Also people will reference things they wrote about before if they drafted the same wrestler(s) in the past.

Each to their own though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

That is it on a nutshell. You find 75% of the time feuds will have a certain history as it makes the angles more interesting and easier to write. That said you will always have some fantasy warfare. Think my marquee feud this year will be Sting/Devitt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

First show wrote up but have included someone im waiting to draft. Hopefully that person doesnt go before i get to select him :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Raf32 wrote: »
    First show wrote up but have included someone im waiting to draft. Hopefully that person doesnt go before i get to select him :D

Have written the majority of 2 shows but same as yourself included people I've yet to draft. tbh im 95% sure they wont be drafted but I probabl won't take em myself till rd 14/15. Not sure what ill do now tbh, may have to re-write

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry for the delay all, happy to get Shatner again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Pick made and PM sent. Bull Nakano is someone that I think would deliver a brutal match up against two women on my roster, one who hasn't been drafted yet....yet!

Pick made and PM sent. Bull Nakano is someone that I think would deliver a brutal match up against two women on my roster, one who hasn't been drafted yet....yet!

That Pic you used is a bit risky for a future pick i was expecting you to make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That Pic you used is a bit risky for a future pick i was expecting you to make

She is a back up for a back up to be honest! :p

Have my 1st show fully wrote up and now comes the posting and the video's and stuff see ya in an hour lol

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057372343

Have my 1st show up guys would love some feedback especially from some of the guys who saw my work last year, how does this compare etc thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've caught the writing bug too and posted my Recap/Preview post, which for convenience can be seen as a single post here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94107338&postcount=4

I added some clues and hints of things to come (as well as putting in a few red herrings to throw you off). I've revealed where I'm going with my main angle also.

I'll give feedback to others when my head is less tired. :)

Man that Was a fantastic read can't wait to see what happened austin so well put together too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

campo wrote: »

I really enjoyed that Perfect promo at the start. Well written and funny too. I liked the line about Storm being so drunk he doesn't remember being champ. Some strong matches for the fans and some good teasers for things to come. I'm curious how the main event situation plays out. Off to a good start as you tend to be. :cool:
    Have my 1st show up guys would love some feedback especially from some of the guys who saw my work last year, how does this compare etc thanks :)

I liked the way you started things off with Shane referencing last year and your desire to do much better. That was admirable (and quite brutally honest. Maybe a bit harsh on yourself?) I did find things this year more easier to read which helped. Some really nice touches like the X-Men music from the cartoon (I'll give you extra credit for bringing the memories back ;)) I thought that Hassan promo was excellent as it felt real (think he could prove a great pick for you); I also liked how destructive you kept Brock. Much improved from last year imo and a strong showing to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

campo wrote: »
    I didn't see Mr Anderson getting involved at the end at all so kudos for that.
    Still haven't a clue what your main event will be which is a good thing at this stage; just highlights the strength of your roster. Nice work on the match graphics as well.

Have my 1st show fully wrote up and now comes the posting and the video's and stuff see ya in an hour lol

I agree with MNG, bit harsh on yourself at the start but it was a very good promo all the same. I'll most likely utilise some of what was said in my own show. The difference in your star power this year is noticeable as well when compared to last year between Lesnar, Ziggler & Hugh Jackman.

I've caught the writing bug too and posted my Recap/Preview post

Excellent preview. Really sets up your show and gives your roster character. I can already tell Kim Kardashian and Tyler Breeze will be gold :cool:

Advertisement