Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Will be interesting to see what Campo will do with his main event alright, liked The Perfect promo and would expect him to be involved for the title but vs who.

MNG has set up things nicely but we will have to wait for the weekly shows to get some answers. Probably a smart move to play up Austins neck too as it put whomever will be revealed as his opponent (I'm guessing bockwinkel but we don't have much to go on yet) at least an even footing which is hard against argueably the biggest ever star in PW.

RCW - Seems like a real fresh start and has a great flow to it making it pretty easy to read, Hussan used perfectly imo, a little reminiscant of Lizs shows too with it stopping to be continuied mid show but I like it overall and have actually mentioned your fed briefly in my intro for the BWA (cos Joe was your champ last year and is now BWA bound).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

At this time last year I had the same problem as I have now. I click on the draft evaluation thread read some shows then come out and click on the news and rumours thread and I totally end up confusing wwe mng bwa etc. Like reading every single comment like it's a work FFS.

Suppose I could always do some work....

EDIT: to say what I originally came in to post. All four pieces I have read so far are of excellent standard. BH and MNG very strong as always. Great start for Campo I see massive potential there.

Special mention for Brian though an enormous improvement. Kudos and keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thanks for all the comments guys much appreciated

No second city saint reunion for me it'd seem. Woulda picked Cabana at some stage if he wasn't taken but atleast he isn't essential to any plan.

With TSC up next and only 2 left to draft including him, guessing we will get the next draft order soon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Some good stuff written so far, so good in fact that it would put the WWE's Creative Team to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Vince McMahon is available for a trade lads, get on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

beakerjoe wrote: »

The biggest news thus far from the transfer deadline day and Sky haven't reported it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

BH with a strong start as I expected. Very impressed with the picks he's made so far and as I thought Punk looks like he'll be gold with all the UFC buzz. Very curious to see how he fits in as you're keeping your cards close to your chest which I think is for the best. Keen to see the plans for Ronda too.
    beakerjoe wrote:

Now ya tell me. :pac: I'd have been all over that a few rounds back but I've most of my plans in motion now. I'd say you won't be short of offers though as you won't find many better heels than Vinny Mac.

Woulda loved me some Vinnie Mac too if I hadn't already plans in place for those I have. Someone could make a killing there methinks.

Cheers MNG, don't think my PPV card would be what other people would have made themselves but its giving me scope for original matches and storylines. Joe vs Kobashi 2 for instance is a direction I could have gone but decided if its been done before then it wont be on my PPV. Hard for me not to do something UFC related though with Punk, Ronda & Severn

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will do my pick, and the next draft order, now :)

• Advertisement

Charlie Sheen could be fun to write for.

Walt (like myself to a lesser extent) continuing to not have much luck in the non reversed draft order placing

Right, since I'm last in the celeb round. I shouldn't but if there may be a "Rocky" tone to one of feuds (you probably know the one) who will go for Mr. T or Sly Stallone?

Head says T (as he is more believable in the ring) but heart says Rocky himself.

Your much valued two cents please??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pick Mr. T, more believable than Stallone, just my 2 cents though.

comedy Value = Mr T (and his mother), Storyline wise though Rocky can be better as the underdog or as Mr America F"CK yeah or as a GM from his contender boxing show days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

My first show is up. Appreciate any and all feedback.

Went it Sly. Might rue the fact, as I sort of wanted to echo the Rocky story as opposed to completely copy the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Going to ask TSC about eligibility before I make my pick. I'm pretty confident this pick is good, but want to make sure

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Going to ask TSC about eligibility before I make my pick. I'm pretty confident this pick is good, but want to make sure

Have they been picked before?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Have they been picked before?
    Nope, definitely not. Again, I'm fairly sure he is eligible but better to be safe than sorry

BH: Just reading you'res there and its clear you're going to be a contender this year Punk , Tanahashi and Joe screams money !

Moneymaker: Love how you have layed out the majority of you're main events its shows you;ve really got a plan in mind with you're feuds

A Brad Maddox Guy: Shots Fired !!!! haha i love it is this the sowing of the seeds of war ! Outside of that love Ambrose attacking foley seems so natural

Great work all round guys

• Advertisement

Delighted with getting Grado. He is just so charismatic he will make a great addition to my roster. Also, have an idea for who he will face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

And another addition to the weird and wonderful :D

Such a fantastic name to get so late. In truth, a talent that deserved to go earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC: The Rock, Batista, The Miz & John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Ron Simmons, Shawn Daivari, LAX aka Homicide & Hernandez, Kofi Kingston & R-Truth, Roddy Piper, Charlie Sheen

Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya, Kerry Von Erich, Tyler Breeze, Eric Bischoff, Nick Bockwinkel, Kim Kardashian

Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, Brie & Nikki Bella, Val Venis, Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins, Jimmy Hart, John Laurinaitis

thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria, Gail Kim, Mickie James, Awesome Kong, Bull Nakano

beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, Hart Dynasty aka Tyson Kidd & Harry Smith, Nigel McGuinness, Magnum TA, Matt Morgan & Abyss,Midnight Express aka Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane

Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T, William Regal & Tajiri, Tommy Dreamer & Sandman, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Heath Slater & Titus O'Neill, Buddy Rogers, Raven Symone

Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody, Justin Credible & Lance Storm, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, Dusty Rhodes, Colt Cabana

ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev, The Big Show, Iron Sheik, Rick Martel, Andre The Giant, Sylvester Stallone

lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert, Stephanie McMahon, Carlos Colón Snr, Justin Gabriel

Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition, Raven, Ascension aka Konnor & Viktor, Ultimo Dragon, Bruno Sammartino, Arnold Schwarzenegger

campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry, James Storm, Nikita Koloff, Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff,Bob Sapp

A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan, Bobby Lashley, Ken Shamrock, Adam Cole, Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff, Mike Tyson, MVP

brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane McMahon, Gangrel, Muhammad Hassan, Steve Blackman, Dos Caras, Hugh Jackman

Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Jesse Ventura, Dan Severn, Abdullah the Butcher & The Sheik, Rhonda Rousey

mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks, Chris Candido, Justin Thunder Liger, Ethan Carter III, Harley Race, Generation Next aka Roderick Strong & Jack Evans, Grado

Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Finlay, Steve "Dr Death" Williams & Mike Rotunda, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jnr, Barry Windham

connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan, Rhyno, D'Lo Brown & Papa Shango, Brad Maddox, Ricardo Rodriguez, Viscera, Boogeyman

JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries, Santino Marella, Low-Ki & Frankie Kazarian, Lethal Consequences aka Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed, Bobby Heenan, William Shatner

Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed, Bobby Roode, Jimmy & Jey Uso, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Pamela Anderson

DM_7: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves, Umaga, Mark & Jay Briscoe, Superstar Billy Graham, Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Stan Hansen

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

My 1st post is up, but I'll be coming back to edit it probably. Got caught image editing and now I have to go to work! :p

So there isn't much there at the moment!

Moneymaker: You're living up well to your username. Some very tasty matches in motion and I liked the easy-on-the-eye layout. Looking forward to show 1. I think I said this before but that Cena/Pillman dynamic should be awesome.

A Brad Maddox Guy: I was impressed with your use of Tyson and loved that cool line about Shamrock booking a place in the morgue. The end segment was very well done and leaves me wanting to see how Foley responds.

lebowskilite: I like the graphics (I envy those who can do this :pac:) and I'm very curious to see how you book Roman Reigns. He's obviously a guy with a lot of steam right now so he could be a big player in the game, and with Y2J you've a great guy to play him off. Steph should be fun to use too (and plenty of history with Jericho to reference)

beakerjoe: That was a very well written back story and you've got me very interested in Jeff Jarrett's character right off the bat. Jake seems like he'll be a great character too. Curious to see who claims the gold on Show 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Pick made sorry super busy today

Jarrett and Mcmahon you just know theres gonna be a spanner in the works somewhere looking forward to seeing how you handle Magnum TA too

Lebowskillite: I like this fed the writing style even seems alot different from the rest

Why i love this game you see so many sides of Pro Wrestling even if it all for fantasy booking

• Advertisement

Pick made and PM sent. Think he could give me a surprisingly great and easy storyline.

Advertisement