Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I look forward to reading this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was going to go with the Drunk in Love remix by Kanye West. I also plan to use Bound 2 in some capacity which may be one of the most annoying videos ever made. Awful.

Lithium93 and Kim Kardashian can recreate the Bound video at your KOTR tournament :p borrow Taker's bike if connemara man will allow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Actually I should first pop a PM on to LTSC to see if I'm allowed to do so. Reason I figured it would be okay to use Lith was because he was at one point a promoter in the game and we've seen promoters used on shows in the past.

Still, it's a bit of a grey area I suppose. If anyone in the game has a problem with it feel free to say so.

As I said to Lith though the role is going to be small and a one-off so it's not like he would be on my PPV or anything (sorry Lith :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No harm just make sure i go over, instead of being buried.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

24 hour rule getting close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Do I go ahead and pick?

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Do I go ahead and pick?

Yep

Missed Picks
    The draft runs under a 24 Hour rule. In other words, you have 24 hours to make your pick from the moment the person prior to you has made theirs. This will be enforced so as not to slow down the game. If you think you are going to miss your window, PM someone a list of who you'd like and they can make your pick for you. Should you miss your window, your pick will be pushed back to the end of that round.

Ended up going for Ricochet/Prince Puma even though I had another pick typed up and ready to go.

The stip announced from this round on has put something in my head that I may pursue depending on the rest if this round and my draft position in the next round.

Ricochet/Prince Puma is one of the few wrestlers of the past few years to wow me. I heard WWE passed on him which I still can't believe. Only a matter of time before he winds up there I reckon.

Ricochet/Prince Puma is one of the few wrestlers of the past few years to wow me. I heard WWE passed on him which I still can't believe. Only a matter of time before he winds up there I reckon.

I wanted to pick him a couple of rounds ago, but couldn't find him appearing in an eligible promotion. I wasn't sure about picking him when I already had Neville and Bourne, then realised I had a division ready to go if i picked him.

Thought about it a bit more and had to go for him.

I could also put him against a Monster like Umaga, the complete opposite in Hansen or with Cage who I picked in the last round and he is in an actual feud with. Would suit Heyman who has an a well known eye on the furture.

Also good to add the Lucha Underground World Champ to the ROH World Champ, WWE's Mr MITB when I don't have the established mega names of an Austin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Shoot, sorry guys been super busy this week. Kinda glad I'm now last. I can take the time needed to select a guy

Jester252 wrote: »
    Shoot, sorry guys been super busy this week. Kinda glad I'm now last. I can take the time needed to select a guy

Glad you are still around :)

Make sure to PM someone your pick (or a few picks) if you see the end of the round approaching and are going to be busy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Would it be an idea for folks to put up the ones that they would be willing to trade, like a transfer list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'll say aloud that I'm not entire sure where Sheiky or Chono fit within my plans. Anyone interested, I'd be open to a decent offer.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'll say aloud that I'm not entire sure where Sheiky or Chono fit within my plans. Anyone interested, I'd be open to a decent offer.

Nikita Koloff & Ivan Koloff would fit your roster lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll put my pick up in the morning. I'm not sure who to go for since Honky Tonk Mank was cruelly stolen from me :pac: I've also got drink in me so not the best time for decision making.

As for trades I have Kevin Sullivan & Marufuji available for trade but I'd be surprised if anyone was interested in either.

EDIT: Ah I decided to feck it and go with my gut. I assume Sabre would have gone sooner rather than later so figured it was worth it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was watching to see if sabre slipped through, think he is a great pick at this stage esp with a plus 1

campo wrote: »
    Nikita Koloff & Ivan Koloff would fit your roster lovely

I've a big stable planned so if I'm to have a good spread of matches and feuds I haven't really room for another. Had a look at the boys before you picked them but decided on Rusev (& Lana) being very much a lone wolf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Just a general question

Is 7 matches too long for a TV show? Like I am writing it up now, only into the second match of the night (because I really like writing lots of details in my matches!) and I'm thinking it might be too much. What do ye guys think?

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Just a general question

Is 7 matches too long for a TV show? Like I am writing it up now, only into the second match of the night (because I really like writing lots of details in my matches!) and I'm thinking it might be too much. What do ye guys think?

I don't think so, I normally have

1 HW Championship bout
    1 Legend Championship bout
    1 Tag team title
    1 tag team bout
    3 undercard bouts

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    I don't think so, I normally have

1 HW Championship bout
    1 Legend Championship bout
    1 Tag team title
    1 tag team bout
    3 undercard bouts

That's for a PPV though, right? I think he means for just a regular TV show.

I don't think 7 matches is necessarily too long. After all with 3 hour Raws nowadays that's probably the norm.

I think as long as it's well laid out and easy to read then it should be okay.

That's for a PPV though, right? I think he means for just a regular TV show.

I don't think 7 matches is necessarily too long. After all with 3 hour Raws nowadays that's probably the norm.

I think as long as it's well laid out and easy to read then it should be okay.

Oh TV show, I normally do 4 but nothing wrong with 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

....thank Christ I rewrote a storyline last night and replaced Chyna with my next pick!

Just picked Tonga and Bad Luck. Am quite sure they can count as a tag team and may override the stable rule.

They teamed with each other at World Tag League 2014 and a glance at Cagematch(http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=9201&page=4) shows that Bad Luck has teamed exclusively with Tonga since.

Hope nobody has a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Show 2 is up guys have a gander and tell me what ya think

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94193230&postcount=13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Well fcuk me! Chrome crashed and I lost all my writing of my first show! So disheartened now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made and pm sent :)

Myself and Sin Eater have traded The Iron Sheik for Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson.

Iron Sheik---->Doc Gallows/Karl Anderson.

Have to thank the guy. It has enabled me to steam ahead with the Bullet club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Well fcuk me! Chrome crashed and I lost all my writing of my first show! So disheartened now!

That happened to me recently... The rewrite is never quite the same be it better or worse.

Querious what role could both sable and chyna play now that TBC replaced the former with the latter.

Also glad to see the bullet club together, great storyline potential there.

Will have my pick up in the next hour or so now that I'm finished work... Though I don't think anyone will be waiting on that given the time.

• Advertisement

Pick made, I don't think he was picked yet

Advertisement