Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You're not going to have Bayley getting beat up by Paige and her ma every week are you MNG?

:(

Bayley may be in for a tough time tbh, but on the plus side I don't anticipate a Stunner heading her way. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bayley may be in for a tough time tbh, but on the plus side I don't anticipate a Stunner heading her way. ;)

Not even Austin would do that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Pick made.

Do we have a deadline for the write ups yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whats the rules on using other characters outside of wrestling in angles.

What I mean is I was planning on using a wrestlers wife, kids and father in an angle, yet nether would have been ever in wrestling to my knowledge and therefore could be drafted. Is it ok to use a wrestlers family in angles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

beakerjoe wrote: »

What I mean is I was planning on using a wrestlers wife, kids and father in an angle, yet nether would have been ever in wrestling to my knowledge and therefore could be drafted. Is it ok to use a wrestlers family in angles?
    I'd imagine so! As long as they aren't wrestling themselves I'd assume it'd be ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

beakerjoe wrote: »

I'd imagine it'd be fine, unless it was someone like Owen Hart or Jeff Jarrett, as Stu Hart and Jerry Jarrett were pretty big characters in wrestling themselves I'd say you'd need to draft them to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd go along those lines too. Don't have any non drafted character actually wrestling (except if they are just a local jobber type without a storyline going forward) and don't have these characters play a big role for instance appearing on multiple shows but otherwise I can't see a problem afterall I had a character called Waltersobchek appear on one of my PPVs before watching from the front row as Jake Roberts lost the WECWF championship to a BWA wrestler :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Lord TSC might take Otunga for his Hollywood themed roster :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sorry guys/gals I was online but not logged in today.

Does anyone know off hand how many rounds are left? I've three picks on mind but I think there may only be two rounds left?

Pretty sure the 13th of 15 rounds is almost over, we will probably have the draw for the next round soon but yeah I think your right although we had a bonus 16th round in a previous draft I believe this year we only have 2 more rounds / picks to go (although as your next in this round thats 3 picks for you)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I think with the speed of this years draft 16 rounds should definitely happen imo, especially to give time for write ups, I unfortunately can't start my write ups until I have all my 15 picks done, so any extra time for write ups would be amazing/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

16th round would prove to be pretty handy but i am good with whatever is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bah. 18th. Not had great luck the last few rounds. :(

Wouldn't mind a Round 16 either, though I'm alright with 15 rounds if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Wouldn't mind extra time for write-ups, though I don't think we need extra rounds for that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yeah no need to rush the write ups,20 people times 4 or 5 write ups is a lot of reading to do and enjoy/rate/consider etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I shall be starting my 3rd show tonight, I really need to nail down a couple of feuds for my PPV at the moment I really only have 3 certain feuds started

I don't need a 16th pick but it would allowfor extra time to write and as iI'll be away for around 5 days over Chinese new year that could be handy so it'd be fine by me.

Actually only need 1 of my remaining 2 picks and that one I could have several people fill the planned role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

3rd show up appreciate any feedback, this one is the one that really kicks off the road to Revolution ( my PPV ) and should give folks a clearer idea where I am going with my storyline

Going to wait til my roster is complete before I write any shows, personally.

Magnus is a super catch for so late in the draft. I had my feelers out for a Brit and I just assumed he was already gone.

Handful of former world champs left and it would be a pity if they went a beggin'.

Have most my roster in place so might crack on with writing my first show tonight.

As somebody else stated I wouldn't mind a 16th round but if we don't have one it's grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sorry took so long lads , wasn't online all day pick up now ãnd pméd liz :)

Just noticed this round is listed as the last random order round. In the next round is it only the order being effected or is there a stip on the horizon? don't have to say what it (the stip) is if so but i'll take the more important of my remaining picks this round if its a potentially restrictive (though tbh you usually go the other way and open things up and have already this draft) stip coming up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If someone is important, I'd pick them now. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy to get Rihanna lookalike, the very underrated and underused Alicia Fox and she has history with Edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Now that other have drafted women onto their rosters, I should not have gotten Sara Del Rey so far into the game! I came very close to picking her every round, even as far as my first few picks, but I kept taking the risk for bigger names.

Will make my pick in the next 2 hours or so... Out at the moment

Probably a bit sexist to say but unfortunately, like many, I'd be wholly cynical of women's wrestling. When I saw what TBC had planned I was equally cynical.

Maybe it was the most recent 5star at NXT Rival or maybe I've just gotten over myself but for me, it's the standout roster (for all the right reasons) and I genuinely can't wait to see how the angles and feuds pan out.

I'm amazed SDR lasted as long as she did. I was looking at your roster TBC and wondering why she wasn't on it.

She's a major reason why the womens division is shining the way it is in NXT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Now that other have drafted women onto their rosters, I should not have gotten Sara Del Rey so far into the game! I came very close to picking her every round, even as far as my first few picks, but I kept taking the risk for bigger names.

Not if they were drafted for personality over a feud and wrestling match

I was going to pick her a few rounds ago, and use her as part of a feud but the removal of eligible promotions changed my plan.

• Advertisement

Came very close to taking Del Rey a few rounds ago too and was very surprised that tbc didn't take her earlier (but I guess it payed off as he got her at this late stage). Instead I changed my plans and went a different direction as I have just now with my most recent pick which when I decided on it last night inspired me to go back and re-write big chunks of my first 2 show (which thankfully I hadnt posted yet as I need all 15 picks first) and now ive actually changed my planned PPV card too. at least three matches have been changed

Advertisement