Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax Freesat HDR-1000S not responding

Options
  • 23-12-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

My Humax Freesat HDR-1000S is not responding to the remote control today. I changed the batteries, no joy, tried a software update via usb,(in case it was an update problem overnight) no change. Anyone else having or had similar problems ? Now in the position of having to replace the complete unit unless someone has any ideas. Your help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

If you have a digital camera, point the remote at the camera and see if you can see the remote when you push a button. It should light up in the viewfinder like a torch. If it does, it is OK, or if not, that is your problem.

The remote is perhaps a 'one for all' type and you have it set to TV or other, rather than Humax, so read the manual to see how to correct it.

Otherwise, find a friend who has a similar model of Humax.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Gumby

Thanks Sam will try the camera trick, it's the humax remote I'm using and unfortunately with the 1000s there are almost no buttons on the box itself. I don't know anyone with the same kit unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've had similar issues occasionally with my Humax HDR 1000S. Have you tried unplugging/replugging the power adapter? Also this sometimes happened when my internal network had issues. Try resetting the router, then do the power cycle on the HDR1000S.

Thanks Sam will try the camera trick, it's the humax remote I'm using and unfortunately with the 1000s there are almost no buttons on the box itself. I don't know anyone with the same kit unfortunately.
    Just tried the remote with the camera on the phone, working perfectly, so it's the box not seeing the remote.(neat trick) I did see a similar problem with an older box on an old posting on Humax forums caused by an overnight update.

Thanks for suggestions mrcheez but done that a couple of times, that's why I tried reinstalling the software. Disconnected from network as wondered if it might have an effect. I was hoping someone might know how to force an update as a last resort.

• Advertisement

Success working again, by reading a few threads on your and other forums I saw enough tips and tricks to get back to basics.
    Used a camera on a phone to check if remote working.
    Connected box to internet.
    Cycled the box from standby to on a few times.
    Cycled the box from power off to on a few times.
    Installed software from usb. Downloaded from My Humax.
    Learnt box checks for updates as shutting down.
    Shutdown box after usb update and waited until the hard- drive shut down, eventually after a couple of cycles box updated.
    Saw a tip that suggested taking the batteries out of the remote to allow it to reset on reinstallation.
    Tried remote reset (0 and ok button 5secs) Box responded. Remote on 2 set back to 1.
    All back to normal.
    I'm posting this in the hope it may help someone else in the same predicament one day.
    Still no idea what caused the problem but read that it's a well know one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Good timing as well, I imagine it would have been a pain to not have over Xmas etc

Advertisement