Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom PW - SIMON 3 - Beeping!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You will need the engineer code to disable the dialler. It can not be set up to ring your own phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you press the status button and listen to the list it gives then press the disarm button it will clear the alarm log for you. Status light should go out once done.

When the alarm then beeps press the status button to hear what it the trouble you are having.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BSOH

Thanks for the info on clearing the alarm log, Altor. Since I first posted, it hasn't misbehaved (puzzling!) but I'll know what to try if it happens again.

OK, that beeping recurred (EARLY today!), it's actually 5 beeps, and the problem is a low battery in an elderly PhoneWatch indoors motion sensor (pictured). Can I replace the battery myself, and what do I need to know about anti-tamper switch etc.?

• Advertisement

Yes, drop front lid on control panel and enter user or engineer code.

Take lid off top of sensor, if you see a screw fitted take this out.

Then put screw driver in top hole you can see and lever the sensor lid from the top to release.

Battery is a CR123

Many thanks, Altor and A.N.Other who sent a helpful message (may not want to be identified). Hardest bit was slipping off the top cover, and (after removing screw) cracking open the main cover - I used a hard plastic pry tool (like a strong plastic blade) meant for removing car trim panels. I'm enclosing photos to help any others in the same boat. The battery, €7.49 in Woodies, was down to 2.75 volts, but I guess I can't complain in 2022 with BestBefore date of 2017.

No problem at all.

Posts on thread are more helpful than a private message as everyone gets the benefit of same

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dickb

I have Phonewatch Simon system. No longer monitored. Keeps beeping and system communication failure 1,2.

Can anyone help to disable this.

Many thanks.

Advertisement