Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donkey´s and Nettle Roots

Options
  • 23-12-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

We have 5 donkey at the moment who have gotten into the habit of pulling nettles from the ground and eating the Roots. They go so far as to dig the ground to get as much of the root as possible.

Does anybody know why they do this?
    Is this a sign of some mineral deficiency ?

Thanks in Advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Markcheese

You could rent them out -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Markcheese wrote: »

Ha ha I know, tis great in some ways

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

mayotom wrote: »
    We have 5 donkey at the moment who have gotten into the habit of pulling nettles from the ground and eating the Roots. They go so far as to dig the ground to get as much of the root as possible.

Does anybody know why they do this?
    Is this a sign of some mineral deficiency ?

Thanks in Advance

Nettles are a delicacy to donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,240 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Cute Asses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭tomieen jones

You could buy one of those mineral licks for horses which would suit donkeys also I guess! But I'd wait until they have the nettles cleared first ! ("~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Hard to find nettles in December in Ireland anyway there wont be anything over the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

O.A.P wrote: »
    Hard to find nettles in December in Ireland anyway there wont be anything over the ground.

You´d be surprised, they are holding there own down here in the west,but the Donkeys are making short work of them

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Watch out or Monsanto will patent him and you'll have to buy a license to keep him. Mightn't be so bad I suppose if they can modify him to eat rushes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

Markcheese wrote: »

Are you charging by the day , or per acre? What part of the country, can you deliver?:)

Advertisement