Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BYO restaurant?

Options
  • 12-11-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi lads. Wondering if there are any restaurants that allow you to bring your own wine in or around Shop Street? Or anywhere in the city? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Little place over the Bunch of Grapes. Moroccan themed. Very nice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A little out of the way but Hooked on Henry Street is BYOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

Little place over the Bunch of Grapes. Moroccan themed. Very nice.

High Cafe this is called if i'm thinking of the same place. I was only there once but thought it was a great restuarant; great variety on the menu, tasty food in a warm/friendly/relaxed ambiance. I would go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

ariana` wrote: »
    High Cafe this is called if i'm thinking of the same place. I was only there once but thought it was a great restuarant; great variety on the menu, tasty food in a warm/friendly/relaxed ambiance. I would go there again.

The High Cafe is brilliant but just beware that they don't have wine coolers if you're drinking white - at least they hadn't the last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    The High Cafe is brilliant but just beware that they don't have wine coolers if you're drinking white - at least they hadn't the last time I was there.

Move the wine from the fridge to the freezer for an hour or two before going out. If the wine is good it won't last long enough to warm up:D.

High Cafe is excellent but beware of the starters - they're enormous. I got caught out the first time, struggled over the main course and had a real battle over the dessert:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just ring and check. They changed the rules a bit I think (saw some notice upstairs) but I can't remember what they were (may have been for beer).
    I'm 50% sure Jamaica Joes also allow bring your own, again contact them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

+1 for Hooked on Helen St by a long shot (not a far walk, just a bit of a trot up from Dominic St.). Staff and food are excellent, but it is small, so if it's a big party you might have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Are there an byo restaurants in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

High Café on High Street.

Hooked on Helen St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    Sounds a bit fishy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

He's only coddin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Bring Your Own Restaurant seems like a rather lazy business model for a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Intifada wrote: »
    Bring Your Own Restaurant seems like a rather lazy business model for a restaurant.

Why

badker wrote: »
    Why

It's a joke: "Bring your own restaurant" as a sentence implies that you have to actually bring your own restaurant itself :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement