Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage open on Christmas Eve?

Options
  • 24-12-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hello! Anyone know of a garage open in Galway today? I need someone who can run diagnostics on a VW polo.

Got my car serviced & NCTd on Monday so I could travel over Christmas with peace of mind, but after doing only 45 miles out of the garage, there's an issue with my oil sensor. I kind of know what the problem is as the AA have checked it out, but we'd a lot of driving planned this week & I'm reluctant to use it with a light flashing & beeping.

I should be ok to drive it to a garage. Would appreciate if you know of anywhere still open today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Couldn't the AA do anything for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

flazio wrote: »
    Couldn't the AA do anything for you?

Not much! They don't have the equipment to run diagnostics on the road side & be certain that the oil sensor is the problem. They could say it's *probably* not the case that the oil pump is gone or any mechanical issue. It's most likely electrical but I need diagnostics run to be sure. So maybe the car is ok, maybe it's not!
    Just a bit reluctant to drive with warning lights flashing in my face :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Well incase it's any good to anyone another time, the guys in Mileage Tyres in Ballybrit were able to check out the diagnostics today. They opened a half day on Christmas Eve, like mechanical Christmas fairies!

Advertisement