Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 coffee highlights.

• 24-12-2014 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

With 2014 almost at an end I thought I'd ask what your coffee highlights were in the year gone by. Did you find any new brew methods? What was your favorite coffee of the year? Anything else that stands out?

For me learning to use the Kaleta was one. Have been using 20g of coffee ground slightly finer than I would for a V60 and brewing 330g over 3.30 mins and getting fantastic results.

I think my favorite coffee was Roasted Browns Don Mayo from Costa Rica.

I hope you all had a good 2014 & would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and a great 2015.

J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

I was just thinking of this, a Boards Coffee Awards or highlights thread...

Any favourite coffee shops or roasters?

Coffee highlights would be

(1) the cupping session organised here by James_R with 3FE. Tried some great coffees, met some other similarly enthusiastic coffee drinkers, and Colin Harmon was an excellent host and complete gentlemen, and very welcoming and generous.

(2) Lucked out by moving from right beside 3FE to fairly close to Urban Grind in Galway. Coffee serendipity.

(3) cupping with Colin Harmon and Steve from Hasbean in Urban Grind. Again, great coffee, interesting to taste them together and compare, and lots of knowledge on offer for consumption.

As for best coffee I can't remember the name but really enjoyed an Ethiopian natural from 3FE, and in general enjoyed noting the difference between natural and washed coffee when brewing and cupping coffee.

And as for favourite coffee shop, too many to chose from, but aside from 3FE still being excellent and having the espresso tasting which is great, and Urban Grind as my new coffee home, my favourite would be Roasted Brown - for being super enthusiastic and passionate, brewing a great coffee and also because it is a lovely space.

Happy new year and here's to a lovely coffee year in 2015.

Advertisement