If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wishlist...

Options
  • 24-12-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

hi,
    how would you suggest to improve my current setup please?

Marantz PM6004 amplifier
    Monitor Audio BX2 speakers
    no DAC

based on the upcoming sales, should I go for:

1) the DACmagic XS and pair it to my current amplifier

2) the Minx XI in place of my amplifier

3) change speakers and buy the DACmagic XS (which speakers would be a significant improvement?)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

robnet77 wrote: »
    hi,

Marantz PM6004 amplifier
    no DAC

3) change speakers and buy the DACmagic XS (which speakers would be a significant improvement?)

Thanks!
    any feedback guys?

I'm now less inclined to go with option 2, not sure the Minx XI would be a great improvement over my Marantz PM6004 in terms of sound quality, of course I will need a DAC, again not sure if I should go with something better than the DACmagic XS?

I might actually go for the Tannoy Revolution DC6T you have on offer... are they only available in espresso colour though?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hi,

Marantz PM6004 amplifier
    no DAC

Thanks!
    any feedback guys?

I'm now less inclined to go with option 2, not sure the Minx XI would be a great improvement over my Marantz PM6004 in terms of sound quality, of course I will need a DAC, again not sure if I should go with something better than the DACmagic XS?

I might actually go for the Tannoy Revolution DC6T you have on offer... are they only available in espresso colour though?
    Robnet,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - your PM6004 is a really good amp and the BX2 are stunning speakers so I would be careful about changing either of these!

Can you tell us what sources you use and what interconnects you have so I can try to work out what the best and most cost effective upgrade for you would be,

Thanks and keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John,

I use my average Toshiba laptop to source music (via a QED cable I bought from you), I have been recently buying FLAC files of the songs I like the most and would like to listen to them at a better quality...

I'm happy with my setup but I'm also moving to a house with an open space room (9mx4m) and am thinking floorstanders might be better than standmounters?

The SE version of the Tannoys seems to also have good bass, compared to the regular version, however if I wanted a 5.1 system in the future I might be better off with the regular version and a subwoofer (I might even reuse my BX2 as rear speakers, in case)?

thanks!

Thanks John,

I use my average Toshiba laptop to source music (via a QED cable I bought from you), I have been recently buying FLAC files of the songs I like the most and would like to listen to them at a better quality...

I'm happy with my setup but I'm also moving to a house with an open space room (9mx4m) and am thinking floorstanders might be better than standmounters?

The SE version of the Tannoys seems to also have good bass, compared to the regular version, however if I wanted a 5.1 system in the future I might be better off with the regular version and a subwoofer (I might even reuse my BX2 as rear speakers, in case)?

thanks!
    ok I'd like to buy the plain DC6T as they're now discounted at 299£, can you please confirm the price in € and deliver them to Dublin?
    colour is only espresso, right?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks John,

thanks!
    ok I'd like to buy the plain DC6T as they're now discounted at 299£, can you please confirm the price in € and deliver them to Dublin?

Thanks
    Hi Robnet.

The total is 449.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200010-revolution-dc6t.aspx

Espresso is the only colour available.

Drop me a contact number in a PM and I can give you a call or you can order via Richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks John,

thanks!

Thanks
    Hi Robnet.

Drop me a contact number in a PM and I can give you a call or you can order via Richersounds.ie
    thanks Kenny,

it looks like the Irish website's price has not been updated to reflect the latest price reduction in the UK site.

I've seen this happen quite often lately and price was eventually adjusted for Irish buyers here on boards.ie, I hope you can do the same for me.

Kind regards

Thanks John,

thanks!

Thanks
    Hi Robnet.

thanks Kenny,

it looks like the Irish website's price has not been updated to reflect the latest price reduction in the UK site.

I've seen this happen quite often lately and price was eventually adjusted for Irish buyers here on boards.ie, I hope you can do the same for me.

Kind regards
    Hi Robnet77.

If you purchase in Sterling they are at the £299.95 reduced price. Delivery on the sterling price would be £6.99.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200010-revolution-dc6t.aspx?swapstore=1

Or you can drop me a contact number and I can give you call for the order.

thanks, I'll pay in pounds then, no problem.

Can I also get the DACMAGIC XS, currently priced at 49.95£?

will pm you my details in the meanwhile, you can call me anytime this weekend :)

thanks, I'll pay in pounds then, no problem.

Can I also get the DACMAGIC XS, currently priced at 49.95£?

will pm you my details in the meanwhile, you can call me anytime this weekend :)
    Hi Robnet77.

I'll give you a call ASAP :D

ok I get the smiley face, it probably refers to the incorrect use of the word "affair" (false friend for "deal" in my first language) I used a few years back in another thread here... :eek:

Anyways, thanks for the delivery of the Tannoys! looking forward to playing with those tall boys... ah ah ah :D

DAC was out of stock, guess it will be delivered separately, will be waiting for it...

• Advertisement

ok I get the smiley face, it probably refers to the incorrect use of the word "affair" (false friend for "deal" in my first language) I used a few years back in another thread here... :eek:

Anyways, thanks for the delivery of the Tannoys! looking forward to playing with those tall boys... ah ah ah :D

DAC was out of stock, guess it will be delivered separately, will be waiting for it...
    Hi Robnet77.

I had put the smiley face ( :D ) in my last to post to show I was happy to call you. 
    Or was it the ASAP part? This means "as soon as possible".

Glad that you have received the speakers, now to get them connected up and run them in and enjoy.
    I'll keep my eye on the stock of the DACMagic XS and keep you posted.

Hi Robnet77.

I had put the smiley face ( :D ) in my last to post to show I was happy to call you. 

Glad that you have received the speakers, now to get them connected up and run them in and enjoy.
    hi, any updates on this please?

Hi Robnet77.

Hi Robnet77.

Just had another little check and seems they are unfortunately still out of stock.

We can keep the order up for another week to see if stock shows up or we can issue you a full refund on the DACMagic XS.

Apologies, this product sold very fast at the sale price.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi Robnet77.

Just had another little check and seems they are unfortunately still out of stock.

We can keep the order up for another week to see if stock shows up or we can issue you a full refund on the DACMagic XS.

Hi,
    I'm willing to wait even till end February, if that means I can get the product at the sale price.
    Thanks!

Hi Robnet77.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi,
    I'm willing to wait even till end February, if that means I can get the product at the sale price.
    Thanks!
    Hi Robnet77.

No problem at all.

I'll keep the order live and see if I can find out what is happening with them.
    I try and get an answer over the next day or so.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi,
    Thanks!
    Hi Robnet77.

No problem at all.

Hi,

is the DACMagic back in stock by any chance please?

Thanks.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi,
    Thanks!
    Hi Robnet77.

No problem at all.

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Robnet77.

Some good news :D

The DAC XS is being shipped to you today and should arrive tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

Again apologies for the delay in getting you this product.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi,
    Thanks!
    Hi Robnet77.

No problem at all.

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Robnet77.

The DAC XS is being shipped to you today and should arrive tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

great news indeed, thanks!!!!

Hi Robnet77.

Hi Robnet77.

Hi,
    Thanks!
    Hi Robnet77.

No problem at all.

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Robnet77.

great news indeed, thanks!!!!
    Hey Robnet77.

Once it leaves us today I'll PM your tracking number.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.