If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio CTxxx-IDC Ceiling Speakers

Options
  • 24-12-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, 

Thinking of going Atmos and looking for 2 ceiling speakers to match my Apex and RXFX setup. MA recommended the 380's but figure they are too expensive. 

Any of the IDC speakers in the sales? 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

SachaJ wrote: »
    Hi guys, 

Thinking of going Atmos and looking for 2 ceiling speakers to match my Apex and RXFX setup. MA recommended the 380's but figure they are too expensive. 

Hi SachaJ.

No real sale pricing on any of the MA CT speakers.

There is the CT165 priced at £99.95 each. I could offer at £89.95 on them.
    The CT180's are priced at £134.99 each. I could offer £120.00 On them.

The 380's are currently priced at £269.95 each. I could go to £240.00 on these.

Any of these catch your eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hi guys, 

Hi SachaJ.

Thanks Kenny. What about the 265 and 280 IDC's?

Hi guys, 

Hi SachaJ.

Thanks Kenny. What about the 265 and 280 IDC's?
    Hi SachaJ.

CT265 are priced at £154.95 each. I could knock down to £125.00 each.
    SC280's priced at £99.95 each. I have only one in stock at the moment and would need to get more ordered in. I'll need to check in case these are finished as I think they are.

There are also the CWT140 priced also at £99.95 and CWT160 priced at £129.95

Hi Kenny,

If you can confirm that price of £125 is for the CT265-IDC and not the CT265 or the CT265-FX I'd be interested.

That price of £99.95 is hardly for the CT280-IDC is it?
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/trimless-200

Thanks,
    Sacha

Hi Kenny,

If you can confirm that price of £125 is for the CT265-IDC and not the CT265 or the CT265-FX I'd be interested.

Thanks,
    Sacha
    HI SashaJ.

Pricing are for the old CT265 and not the IDC version.

I'll need to double check if they are the IDC version or not. They are on my system as the 200 series so I think that they are the correctones.
    Once I confirm this I be straight in touch.

• Advertisement

Bump

Hi Kenny,

Thanks,
    Sacha
    HI SashaJ.

Pricing are for the old CT265 and not the IDC version.

I'll need to double check if they are the IDC version or not. They are on my system as the 200 series so I think that they are the correctones.
    Once I confirm this I be straight in touch.
    Hi SashaJ.

Pricing of £99.95 was for the old SC280 and not the IDC range.

I'll try and get a price on the IDC range today from Monitor Audio.

Apologies for the delay.

Any update on the above? Thinking I'd like to try out Atmos to see what all the fuss is about.

Just following up on this again. I have two spare Apex A10's and I really don't want to hang them out of the ceiling over my head...... I'm even considering screwing a pair of RXFX to the ceiling :)

Probably the CT265-IDC might suit best as the hole for the 380-IDC might be just too big.

Just following up on this again. I have two spare Apex A10's and I really don't want to hang them out of the ceiling over my head...... I'm even considering screwing a pair of RXFX to the ceiling :)

Probably the CT265-IDC might suit best as the hole for the 380-IDC might be just too big.
    Hi SachaJ.

Yeah the Apex would be some weight to hang above your head, also not sure how the RXFX would sound firing down from the ceiling.

I'll call Monitor Audio first thing on Tuesday as they are closed on Monday due to a bank holiday and get the pricing for the CT265-IDC and also for the 380 version in-case they would fit.

• Advertisement

Hi SachaJ.

Yeah the Apex would be some weight to hang above your head, also not sure how the RXFX would sound firing down from the ceiling.

I'll call Monitor Audio first thing on Tuesday as they are closed on Monday due to a bank holiday and get the pricing for the CT265-IDC and also for the 380 version in-case they would fit.

I've heard of people using bipoles and even better tripoles for Atmos overheads and that's what put the idea in my head. Still though I think actual ceiling speakers would be the best and MA themselves said to try the 265-IDC, 280-IDC or 380-IDC. I see other people using the vanilla 265's which would be a much cheaper option but if I can afford the IDC's it might be the way to go.

thanks....

Hi got the prices on those speakers for you

ct265-idc £215
    ct380-idc £420

Regards Stephen

ct265-idc £215
    ct380-idc £420

Regards Stephen

ct265-idc £215
    ct380-idc £420

Regards Stephen
    Yep thats the RRP I saw around the web alright. Any special Bordies pricing?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Sacha
    I'll get the boardie sharp pencil out in the morning and see what I can do for ya...

Atvb

John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

SachaJ,

Nice PM sent ;)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.