Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Astec 63DV Telecom Error with UPC

• 24-12-2014 11:59am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just going to throw this out there to see if anyone has any ideas .

Had Colm(Lostcoolkid) have a look at the alarm for me but we couldn't get the dialout to work . The line is live to the panel and it goes through the test sequence and believes it is dialing out (but isn't) and then hangs waiting for the reply from called number . I believe this is correct , Colm feel free to correct me if I'm wrong .

Just thought someone may have had this same problem with UPC BB and the Astec 63DV .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Does the phone it's trying to call actually ring?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Does the phone it's trying to call actually ring?

No , Thats the problem .

Do you have engineer access?

Do you have engineer access?

I do indeed Fred , any ideas?

Go into the dialler menu by pressing 98 in engineer menu.Then press 30 then 1 and the dialler will try ring the first number programmed into the system.

On screen it should start off c1 then c2 c3 c4 c5 but yours won't get to c5 as you're having problems. Tell me where yours get a to

• Advertisement

Thats correct Fred , it gets as far as C4 and hangs for a while then I get F3 error .

Forgot to mention that if I pick up the phone at this stage you can hear the outgoing message .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Having gone over this with you. The only thing further I would try is defaulting the panel & dialler.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Having gone over this with you. The only thing further I would try is defaulting the panel & dialler.

I'll try that in a day or two .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do a hard default.
    Turn off engineer lock & remove factory link & battery link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement