Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optoma HD141X 1080p 3D projector £399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Just to give my 2 cents, I bought the HD141x when it was in amazon's black friday deals for 50£ less and so far I really like it.

Image quality is fantastic, one minor annoyance is the rainbow effect which can be seen on certain images.

It's a bit lacking on the connectivity side of things, having only 2 HDMI ports and no other video connections.

I would possibly wait and see if it comes up again in their boxing day deals!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Ah, I thought the Optoma was £450 in Black Friday sale, if it was £350, it's definitely worth waiting what comes up on various websites tonight / tomorrow. The only other model that interests me (based on reviews) is BenQ W1070. If either of them comes back at or around £350, I will cancel/return the Amazon order! :)

Are you projecting to a screen or painted wall? And is the fan noise bearable? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,032 ✭✭✭✭rob316

€520 delivered from Amazon.it, its nearly €700 on the .co.uk site, very tempted.
    Anyone who got this what kind of screen size would you get from about 11ft lens to screen? I have a 90" screen at the moment, and that's my throw distance, would it fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

There is at least one another longer thread here on BA about this projector.

According to ProjectorCentral, with 11' throw you will get a 93" diagonal screen (fully zoomed out / minimum image size). So slightly bigger than your screen?

I have this projector mounted at 4 meters away from the wall and I get approximately 3 meter wide picture, but it flows slightly outside the main wall where I want to project, and although it looks untidy, its not bothering me at all.

IMG_20150305_224644.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

That's a tempting price - what's the deal with returns if faulty etc when dealing with Amazon.it?

It's €570 on komplett.

See here for throw calcs:
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD141X-projection-calculator-pro.htm
    92" looks liek minimum screen size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,032 ✭✭✭✭rob316

positron wrote: »
    There is at least one another longer thread here on BA about this projector.

According to ProjectorCentral, with 11' throw you will get a 93" diagonal screen (fully zoomed out / minimum image size). So slightly bigger than your screen?

I have this projector mounted at 4 meters away from the wall and I get approximately 3 meter wide picture, but it flows slightly outside the main wall where I want to project, and although it looks untidy, its not bothering me at all.

IMG_20150305_224644.jpg

Thanks for that man, picture looks great. I'm not too far off so.

Advertisement