Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for money to show up in A/C

Options
  • 24-12-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Gave my Solicitor my BIC and BAN numbers yesterday to transfer a large sum to my A/C from a property sale.
    Checked my accounts today and not in yet.
    Gave him the numbers over the phone and now very worried I might have given him a wrong number or letter.
    How long should it take as the Solicitor will be out of the office til the new year.
    Peppering here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

Next day, if payment before approx 3pm and from a different bank.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

You. Gave. And. A. Solicitor. Accepted. Bank. Account. Details. Over. The. Phone. So. That. A. Large. Transfer. Could. Be. Made.?

At least say the solicitor called them back to you to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Tow wrote: »
    Next day, if payment before approx 3pm and from a different bank.

He transferred before he closed up at 1pm.
    I don't what bank the solicitor uses.
    Talked to customer care service at my bank and said if a number or letter out it should go back to the solicitors account. Thanks for replying.
    They insisted on lodging it that day as I wanted to wait until the new year.

leeside11 wrote: »
    Talked to customer care service at my bank and said if a number or letter out it should go back to the solicitors account.

Unless the number out makes it change to another person's correct account then it will transfer.

Is your account a building society or a credit union?

If so it might take longer than next day transfer. Otherwise it should be in by now.

• Advertisement

smcgiff wrote: »
    Is your account a building society or a credit union?

If so it might take longer than next day transfer. Otherwise it should be in by now.

One of the main banks I'm afraid. TSB

smcgiff wrote: »
    You. Gave. And. A. Solicitor. Accepted. Bank. Account. Details. Over. The. Phone. So. That. A. Large. Transfer. Could. Be. Made.?

At least say the solicitor called them back to you to confirm?
    z
    Yes he called back to confirm details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Processing days over Christmas

24 December
    30 December
    31 December
    2 January

Might be in tomorrow. Pre-SEPA and you'd probably see it after the overnight update for 24 December.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Processing days over Christmas

24 December
    30 December
    31 December
    2 January

Might be in tomorrow. Pre-SEPA and you'd probably see it after the overnight update for 24 December.

Sorry for not getting back sooner. The money didn't go through and ended back in the Soliciters account.
    They've transferred it electronically again today and hopefully it goes through fingers crossed again.

Advertisement