Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What bad Christmas Tv will you be forced to watch X-mas day & beyond?

• 24-12-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Just to begin with it has to be said that I've always hated Christmas with a passion & I suspect I'm mot alone.
    I've had many jobs & have always tried to or asked to work Christmas day to avoid spending it with family/parents etc.

Anyway after travelling to my parents Christmas day tv will be one of the following films ( dad is tv remote king)

The guns of Navarone
    Shane
    Tie a yellow ribbon ( anything with John Wayne)
    Casablanca
    or a ww1 or ww2 film made slightly after the actual war ended.

If they're not on terrestrial tv they'll be on movies for men or sky gold or whatever. Ive seen these films mabye 15 times each now and they're a hard watch even once.Usually I'll have to sit through two of em . I dont think my dad has ever seen a film made after 1970.
    On the other Tv ,My sister will insist on watching one of the first Harry potter films & a few episodes (usually taped) of Little house on the praire. This is heady stuff ,my sister is in her 40's now &obviously inherited my dad's passion for bad tv. I think people. can just get stuck in a time warp.
    Thanfully I'll get out of there before my mum will watch Mrs Brown's boys, small mercys I guess.

Anyway could be worse , I could be homeless ,hospitalised etc . I'm not complaining just wondering what bad tv others may be forced to watch this Christmas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'll be forcing everyone else to watch Doctor Who :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

E.T. The Interstellar Botanist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Great Escape better be on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Wish I could watch a crap or ten film with my Dad. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My parents live in a broadband blackspot so we just never go there any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Nothing like a good old film you seen 20 times before after Christmas dinner, I think Escape to Victory will be the one to watch this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Sharknado 2 is on tomorrow night somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

Mary poppins will be on in my mother's house!! depressing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Links234 wrote: »
    I'll be forcing everyone else to watch Doctor Who :D

Damn right!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Three words

Net mother****ing flix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Fcuking Strictly fcuking come fcuking dancing sh*te will be on in my house so I plan to get drunk and fall asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The Great Escape better be on

Possibly the only thing I'll ever agree with you on. It ain't christmas if The Great Escape is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Sharknado 2 is on tomorrow night somewhere.

OMG! You wouldn't have to force to watch that.... it's amazingly terrible. What channel?!?:pac:

*excited*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I'll probably have to watch that strictly ****e and since the rest of the family seems to find Mrs Brown's Boys hi-larious I'll inevitable have to watch that f*****g crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

OMG! You wouldn't have to force to watch that.... it's amazingly terrible. What channel?!?:pac:

*excited*
    Syfy at 9.50pm

Went to the bother of checking it for you, that's my Christmas good deed done for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The in-laws are over and they like that misses Brown rubbish so I will drink my self to sleep so I can avoid that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

that mrs brown boys ''comedy'':rolleyes::rolleyes: that Brendan ocarroll churns out.....my own fault as I bought the father the dvd of it....il be in bed early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Im usually with relations on Christmas day . I'll have to endure about 4 hrs of soaps. Sweet jesus. I usually try to fall asleep have a leisurely stroll with the dog and a nice supper while they're on. Anything else that comes on I'll endure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

****ing grinches. why do people think all they have to do is watch telly all day
    Have a bit of craic, play some games, go for a walk and or just enjoy the day
    I'd hate to be in a house where I was 'forced' to watch a telly

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

****ing grinches. why do people think all they have to do is watch telly all day

Well I'm sure people are happy for you.

To play board games you need a willing participant do you not?
    To make conversation you might actually need a willing participant too lol

Otherwise your showing up , playing with yourself , talking to yourself then going on a 4 hour walk (by yourself). Why show up at all?
    Sometimes you compromise by watching crap tv that you dont want to in order to spend 'some' time with your family.

Maybe you can come back and give us a dumbed down version of world peace too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Well I'm sure people are happy for you.

To play board games you need a willing participant do you not?
    To make conversation you might actually need a willing participant too lol

Otherwise your showing up , playing with yourself , talking to yourself then going on a 4 hour walk (by yourself). Why show up at all?
    Sometimes you compromise by watching crap tv that you dont want to in order to spend 'some' time with your family.

Maybe you can come back and give us a dumbed down version of world peace too.

Happy Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I'll probably have to watch that strictly ****e

+1

strictly come dancing :rolleyes:

it'll be a case of "strictly cum ****" when thats on when i sneak off to my bedroom ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

My mother will watch Coronation Street and Emmerdale. Just when one finishes, another starts. I usually watch something else on my ipad with earphones so that I am still in the room, but oblivious to the rubbish on her tv...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

As above, the f*cking soaps will come on at some point, no doubt. I'll be weighing anchor at that point and making my way home. I will thence imbibe copious amounts of brandy and watch The Wizard Of Oz. I will continue imbibing and watching until it turns into The Wozzard Of Wiz.

good ol' ITV

they don't put much imagination into their schedule do they, wall to wall soaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Fcuking Strictly fcuking come fcuking dancing sh*te will be on in my house so I plan to get drunk and fall asleep.

You'd be a fan then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Downton Christmas special without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

RTE really exerted themselves tonight an hour of fair city that would put anyone who suffers from insomnia to sleep. Tubridy acting like a giddy child following some Irish fella in a band. Donal Walsh story milked to the last and now the tranny granny.

this is how i reacted watching all that crap today.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

RTE really exerted themselves tonight an hour of fair city that would put anyone who suffers from insomnia to sleep. Tubridy acting like a giddy child following some Irish fella in a band. Donal Walsh story milked to the last and now the tranny granny.

i absolutely despise mrs. brown's boys, it's just not funny... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

none of that at all.. sat around havin some craic.

then I went off to me own house and sat on me own watching Dr who. 100%.

did anyone else feel that episode was really short??

Advertisement