Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No contacts backed up on live account

• 24-12-2014 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ok, brought the wife a new lumia windows 8 phone to replace her old windows 7 LG optimus 7. I tried to sync the new phone with the hotmail account but strangely there are no contacts backed up from the LG phone? I checked the sync settings on the LG and its set to sync contacts, emails, calander etc but when i log into the live account there is no contacts there? They are just in the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

snaps wrote: »
    Ok, brought the wife a new lumia windows 8 phone to replace her old windows 7 LG optimus 7. I tried to sync the new phone with the hotmail account but strangely there are no contacts backed up from the LG phone? I checked the sync settings on the LG and its set to sync contacts, emails, calander etc but when i log into the live account there is no contacts there? They are just in the phone?

Have you logged into the account at outlook.com to see if any contacts, etc are there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes, and no the contacts are not there!

yes, and no the contacts are not there!

It sounds like the contacts are still on the SIM card, does anything appear when you put the SIM card in the new WP8 phone?

theothernt wrote: »
    It sounds like the contacts are still on the SIM card, does anything appear when you put the SIM card in the new WP8 phone?

No. Only the operator numbers. Its very strange. I've near enough given in to re entering them manually (which actually does show up on the live account from the new phone). Which obviously makes it an lg windows 7 problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

No. Only the operator numbers. Its very strange. I've near enough given in to re entering them manually (which actually does show up on the live account from the new phone). Which obviously makes it an lg windows 7 problem.

The contacts are definitely still on the LG phone then?

And you just want to get them over to the new phone? (they'll sync with the outlook account on the new phone). You could always use the "Transfer my Data" app over Bluetooth.

It works surprisingly well actually, I transferred over all contacts and text messages from an Android phone after the contacts wouldn't sync properly with the Gmail account on the Android phone. They're all properly synched now with the outlook account on the new WP8 phone.

• Advertisement

It sounds like that, but all the WP7 handsets basically have the same software so it's an odd bug. I have the same phone as well and never experienced the issue. You could try updating the software if it isn't already?
    You could always use the "Transfer my Data" app over Bluetooth.

Sadly, that's a Lumia only app and it's not in the store. That said, one idea would be to look for a 3rd party app that exports contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

theothernt wrote: »
    Sadly, that's a Lumia only app and it's not in the store. That said, one idea would be to look for a 3rd party app that exports contacts.

Bbb... but -

Ok, brought the wife a new lumia windows 8 phone to replace her old windows 7 LG optimus 7.

All the OP has to do on the LG phone is turn on Bluetooth and allow the Lumia access to the LG when prompted...

Bbb... but -

All the OP has to do on the LG phone is turn on Bluetooth and allow the Lumia access to the LG when prompted...

I'll give it a go!

I'll give it a go!

It worked a treat. Thanks guys and now the contacts are showing on live account too from the lumia.

I completely forgot the new WP8 phone might have the app, I'll blame Christmas! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement