Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter around town on Xmas eve

Options
  • 24-12-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Any body know why there is a helicopter going around town right now??????Been flying around for nearly an hour now..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Looks like they are searching the river. Hopefully not what I think but with this time of year it's easy to draw conclusions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'm in Ardkeen and can see it from my kitchen window, over on the far side of the hospital. At a guess, I'd say it's hovering over the bend in the river by Glenville. Been there for about 25 minutes now.

According to @UrbsIntacta on Twitter the rescue boat is also out on the river. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I'm over the bridge. Spotted flashing blue lights on the quay before the helicopter went up (fire engine/ambulance? too far away to tell). From this side it looks as though the helicopter is moving between the bridge area and the Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I was down the Quay area Earlier. Sh!t load of ambulances and fire brigades. Helicopter still out. So sad. Hope they find who they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Oh no! We initially though it was a Santa flyby but it's been over the same place for ages now. Hope it all ends well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Its the rescue helicopter, see here : https://www.marinetraffic.com/

Click on the vessel, then click "show vessels track"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Seems to have done a sweep of the river from Glenville to Ballinakill about 10 minutes ago and then returned to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

WLR saying they are searching due to a bag of clothes found beside river on quay, hopefully something innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

The person has been found safe and well

Advertisement