Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oh i don't think it'll make him a better player...he just deserves one for being so **** this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

He's been muck. Hasn't improved at all imo.
    ... scored a few high profile goals, that's all.
    They've just papered over the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ben Davies - has today undergone surgery after dislocating his shoulder vs Southampton. He will miss the remainder of the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I think that's a sidestep for him. I don't see why he'd come to Spurs but great if we get him.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    I think that's a sidestep for him. I don't see why he'd come to Spurs but great if we get him.

The manager would be the only pull.

The manager would be the only pull.

How close were they?

irishmover wrote: »
    How close were they?

No idea? I'm sure he'd swap Southampton for London though, plus a wage increase.

And if they took Townsend in the deal...

No idea? I'm sure he'd swap Southampton for London though, plus a wage increase.

And if they took Townsend in the deal...

Yeh I'm not sure either. I'm guessing it was Pochettino and Paul Mitchell who brought him to Southampton. So maybe there's a good relationship.

The idea of Townsend going the other way would be ideal but I doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Schneirderlin is with Southampton about 4 years !!!!!
    Was with them in the championship!

• Advertisement

Schneirderlin is with Southampton about 4 years !!!!!
    Was with them in the championship!

Shows how lazy I've been and haven't even looked it up. But now that I have he's been with them 7 years! June 2008... Jeez didn't know that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

He was with them in league 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

It would help if Schneiderlin respects Poch and thinks he is a manager who is going places, building something etc.

There's a strong chance we'll chase him for two months only for Arsenal to swipe him at the last second and then laugh at us.

Really hope I'm wrong but as someone said, it would be an almost sideways step for him to join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Havent seen enough of schneiderlin but we have so many CMs. I imagine levy would want at least two out before he brings another one in. I love the sound of a townsend trade.

Walker has to go. Ive defended he on here in the past but enough is enough. He doesnt seem to have progessed for 3 years. Fair enough he missed the first few months so i wanted to give him time but jesus christ. !he has been so poor.

I havent a clue why Poch didnt just put Yedlin in for the last 4/5 games. No pressure as the seasons done and it could help him out.

Rose has responded to Davies signing exceptionnally I think. Hes been our most consistent defender and also one of our most threatening players going forward. At the start of the year i was disgusted they gave him a 5 year deal. But fair play to him

MrKingsley wrote: »

Rose has responded to Davies signing exceptionnally I think. Hes been our most consistent defender and also one of our most threatening players going forward. At the start of the year i was disgusted they gave him a 5 year deal. But fair play to him

Sums it up perfectly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

I havent a clue why Poch didnt just put Yedlin in for the last 4/5 games. No pressure as the seasons done and it could help him out.

Because he is no where near premier league standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Because he is no where near premier league standard.

To be honest walker hasnt been at all this year either.

And who has Poch put in instead? Vlad. If he was going to play Dier there every game then I wouldnt mind but to me its the perfect opportunity to test Yedlin

I'd love if we signed Tom Ince.

Not expecting much support for that one. I know he flopped in the Premiership before, but I think he's matured.

Ormus wrote: »

Not expecting much support for that one. I know he flopped in the Premiership before, but I think he's matured.

Haven't seen him for Derby. Hull are in dire straits, surely if he were any use he'd be fighting there cause. I presume they could recall him?

He's never caught my eye, already a journey man for one so young. One minute he's going to Inter then Monaco. He's a championship level player.

Haven't seen him for Derby. Hull are in dire straits, surely if he were any use he'd be fighting there cause. I presume they could recall him?

He's never caught my eye, already a journey man for one so young. One minute he's going to Inter then Monaco. He's a championship level player.

Championship player of the month for April and was nominated for March too. 11 goals and 7 assists in 17 appearances. In my opinion he will be a good Premiership player very soon.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, no way!

Jaysus, no way!

I'm telling you, he's the next John Barnes

Championship player of the month for April and was nominated for March too. 11 goals and 7 assists in 17 appearances. In my opinion he will be a good Premiership player very soon.

He had similar accolades before he signed for Hull and flopped.

I also wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Jovetic, if he could pass a stringent medical. Probably biggish wages, but transfer fee shouldn't be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭golfball37

I also wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Jovetic, if he could pass a stringent medical. Probably biggish wages, but transfer fee shouldn't be massive.

Not a bad shout, I'd prefer to get Dzeko myself but surely one of them will leave Citeh this summer?

To be honest walker hasnt been at all this year either.

And who has Poch put in instead? Vlad. If he was going to play Dier there every game then I wouldnt mind but to me its the perfect opportunity to test Yedlin

The problem is Walker would be a tactical and positioning genius compared to Yedlin!

He had similar accolades before he signed for Hull and flopped.

True. He was only 21 when he left Blackpool, suffered from injuries and lost confidence.

I'm joking about him being the next John Barnes, but I think he is good.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Not a bad shout, I'd prefer to get Dzeko myself but surely one of them will leave Citeh this summer?

I'd be surprised if Jovetic stays.

Dzeko is a good finisher but his workrate annoys me. Shades of Adebayor at times. Don't think he'd come to Spurs anyway. He'll probably end up at Juve or Inter.

Rumor keeps appearing, does anyone know much about him?

Tottenham Hotspur appear to be closing in on a £15million deal for Marseille winger Florian Thauvin, with the London club reportedly holding further talks about the switch.

• Advertisement

Rumor keeps appearing, does anyone know much about him?

Tottenham Hotspur appear to be closing in on a £15million deal for Marseille winger Florian Thauvin, with the London club reportedly holding further talks about the switch.

Yeh the name rings a bell. Must have been FM2014 I used to sign him a lot. Other than that dont know too much.

Advertisement