Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Unless they put in an official transfer request, threaten to go on strike, we got offered upwards of 30M each and they get offered some sort of ridiculous new wage by united/city in excess of 300k a week, then I don't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Unless they put in an official transfer request, threaten to go on strike, we got offered upwards of 30M each and they get offered some sort of ridiculous new wage by united/city in excess of 300k a week, then I don't see it happening.

Even 30m each, while a huge fee, wouldn't be enough. We can't sign players of that calibre. We have to develop them. It takes years, and is very hit n miss.

I actually think Trippy and Davies are nigh on the best back up full backs in the league, but they're miles behind Rose and Walker in terms of athleticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

I dont think the appeal of moving to clubs like United is as strong as it used to be. Of course salary is a big deal and as long as we can stay competitive I think we wont see the moves that used to happen quite regularly before (Berbatov, Keane etc).

The gap between us and the big boys in terms of ambition just isnt as big as it used to be. Players at Spurs can potentially achieve as much with us as they can with the other clubs. If you look at where the big 4 clubs get their players from now its either abroad or clubs below our level. Also, Levy doesnt tend to sell players we produce to our competitors anymore. They go abroad like Modric or Bale but dont go to our competitors.

Its a bullsh1t news story anyway. Never going to happen- sell our two fullbacks???

In reality there's more chance of tripper or Davies leaving then walker or rose

It is a non-story really.

Wouldn't really blame Trip or Davies for wanting a move, the only way they'll get regular games is if one of the boys get injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Looks like Tom Carroll could be on the move to Swansea for £8m.

prodsc wrote: »
    Looks like Tom Carroll could be on the move to Swansea for £8m.

That's a lotta money for wee Tommy. He's never really pushed on, but if he got regular games he could still develop into a nice player.

Well lads, what do ya think?

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic says forward Dimitri Payet no longer wants to play for the club - but insists they will not sell him.

The 29-year-old France international has regularly been linked with a move away from West Ham.

"We have said we don't want to sell our best players but Payet does not want to play for us," Bilic said. "We are not going to sell him."

Pretty poor form from Payet. Completely undermine's Bilic and his own team mates but he definitely fits the bill of a player we need to unlock tight games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Well lads, what do ya think?

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic says forward Dimitri Payet no longer wants to play for the club - but insists they will not sell him.

The 29-year-old France international has regularly been linked with a move away from West Ham.

"We have said we don't want to sell our best players but Payet does not want to play for us," Bilic said. "We are not going to sell him."

Pretty poor form from Payet. Completely undermine's Bilic and his own team mates but he definitely fits the bill of a player we need to unlock tight games.

They should have shifted him on immediately after the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bags of talent, no spring chicken. This season more often than not, he's been a lazy bóllocks. The fúcking puss on him, Bilic must have a tremendous amount of restraint. I'd say he'll bail to China.

Petulant children, Fonte is another ásshole.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Bags of talent, no spring chicken. This season more often than not, he's been a lazy bóllocks. The fúcking puss on him, Bilic must have a tremendous amount of restraint. I'd say he'll bail to China.

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Petulant children, Fonte is another ásshole.

'way to bring down my buzz man. Haha

I know I'm always banging this drum, but can anyone honestly see him playing the pressing game that Poch requires? Poch's system needs every single player buying into it, or else it completely fails.

Payet is a class act and I love watching him, and maybe Poch would make an exception, but I just can't see it. I reckon he'll end up at PSG, or maybe Real.

'way to bring down my buzz man. Haha

tumblr_m5ooh7WuPL1rxk0pjo1_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

joeguevara wrote: »
    City and united looking to buy rose and walker....couldn't happen....could it?

I think we're beyond the stage of evening having to discuss stories like this. It's click-bait with absolutely zero basis.

For the sanity of all football fans, I'd suggest finding a decent couple of journalists to follow and ignore everything else.

Obvious reasons why this story is b*llox;

1. Levy won't sell to other PL clubs.
    2. Both players signed new long-term deals last season.
    3. The new contracts would have included point 1.
    4. United is at a level below Spurs.
    5. Poch has created the best team spirit of any PL club.
    6. Both Rose and Walker have publicly announced their unreserved desire to play for Poch and appreciate everything he's done for them since joining Spurs.

Need I continue?

Totally agree with the post above, but I don't mind discussing gossip just for the sake of it, even where it's totally unrealistic. But we do need to be able to see the click bait articles for what they really are.

The best way is to first consider the source, tabloid, broadsheet etc, then scan for actual quotes by players, managers, chairmen, then ask yourself if the club supposed to be buying can afford the wages, attract the player etc, then consider whether the player is under contract or not and for how long.

Ormus wrote: »
    Totally agree with the post above, but I don't mind discussing gossip just for the sake of it

If we truly consider Spurs one of the big teams in the PL then we can't give these type stories any air time. The sooner the pathetic journos who write these stories realise they're not getting the clicks, the sooner we'll see the stories disappear from existence.

Funny, I've seen somewhat of a power shift in my United mates. None have mentioned purchasing Walker and Rose as even a wind-up, I think they've all accepted that its just too unrealistic a story.

If we truly consider Spurs one of the big teams in the PL then we can't give these type stories any air time. The sooner the pathetic journos who write these stories realise they're not getting the clicks, the sooner we'll see the stories disappear from existence.

Funny, I've seen somewhat of a power shift in my United mates. None have mentioned purchasing Walker and Rose as even a wind-up, I think they've all accepted that its just too unrealistic a story.

Ah yeah you're right really. I just love a bit of transfer gossip though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38696547

Saido gone to stoke for £12mil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Has Fonte signed for West ham yet?

If Alder is out for more that 3 weeks he might be worth considering, not just as a replacement but long term if we are playing 3 at the back we will need the cover.

Edit. Just seen he has signed so scrap that.

Edit 2.. Jagilka as a short term option (loan)

• Advertisement

Has Fonte signed for West ham yet?

If Alder is out for more that 3 weeks he might be worth considering, not just as a replacement but long term if we are playing 3 at the back we will need the cover.

Edit. Just seen he has signed so scrap that.

Edit 2.. Jagilka as a short term option (loan)

Poch says it was only a precaution taking him off, hopefully he's ok, we can rest him against Wycombe anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

No Toby, no party.

Toby Alderweireld: "My hamstring was about to snap, but it feels fine now. I didn't want to risk being out for 6-7 weeks."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

With Fa cup dis w end. It eases de urgency with anyone carrying knocks. Our next couple of games could possibly survive some rotation. Things could be worse.

Still think we need to buy a back up striker. It's like Russian roulette not having one.

jobeenfitz wrote:
    With Fa cup dis w end. It eases de urgency with anyone carrying knocks. Our next couple of games could possibly survive some rotation. Things could be worse.

Agreed.

And Sunderland in gw 23 isn't a bad game to start off with again. Alright Defoe vs Wimmer/Dier is a complete mismatch pace wise.

If we get into the Champions League again next season, we could really show our intentions by making a big money purchase for Lukaku.

I'm sure he could play off Kane but would also lead the line in Kane's absence. But most importantly it would establish us as a 'big team'.

If we get into the Champions League again next season, we could really show our intentions by making a big money purchase for Lukaku.

I'm sure he could play off Kane but would also lead the line in Kane's absence. But most importantly it would establish us as a 'big team'.

Haven't seen his goals from yesterday, on 16 for the season, great achievement. But, I don't rate him.

He has a terrible first touch, clumsy at holding the ball up, link up play is poor. And for the chances he gets, isn't clinical enough.

Plus you'd be absolutely smashing the bank to get him. I could be entirely wrong, but I don't remember many if any big sides inquiring about his services, bar agent malarkey. He's a superstar, every season wants out, yet still remains at Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

It looks like we are going to sign Sessegnon from Fulham. Any idea about this kid?

And, we are about to lose Walker to City. Trippier got same amount of assists in 6 games so we won't him so much apart from his pace. Hopefully, we will sign another RB or promote KWP.

Sessegnon has youth and potential, Spurs purchase.

It's only been this season that the penny has finally dropped for Walker, less of a hot head, needless free kicks have dwindled. Only coming into his prime.

He became a better player down to Pochettino, as have the majority of the squad. Before Pochettino arrived, he was bang average, always a mistake in him, pace saved him.

Selling him to a rival would be complete madness.
    Suppose we'll know in the summer if he wants to leave or not.

Trippier may not have the pace, but his crossing abilities far surpass Walkers odd contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sessegnon has youth and potential, Spurs purchase.

It's only been this season that the penny has finally dropped for Walker, less of a hot head, needless free kicks have dwindled. Only coming into his prime.

He became a better player down to Pochettino, as have the majority of the squad. Before Pochettino arrived, he was bang average, always a mistake in him, pace saved him.

Selling him to a rival would be complete madness.
    Suppose we'll know in the summer if he wants to leave or not.

Trippier may not have the pace, but his crossing abilities far surpass Walkers odd contribution.

Agree with you regarding Walker. However, his pace is vital to stop counter attacks.

I believe we might be trying to get Ihnechao(sp??) from them so this deal is to please them or we do not think selling Walker to City will make them stronger?!?!

Advertisement