Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

His work rate and application seems to be questionable. Koeman was always on his case. Poch won't stand for that but maybe a manger like poch is what he needs?
    There's definitely ability there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Uninspired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,411 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Patww79 wrote: »

Bit of a joke at this stage .... :mad::rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,411 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WTF !?!?!?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

If thats the truth, something seriously strange going on here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Didn't he have a second operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I'm thinking that too, pity as he is a super player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

The press releases were very ominous I thought. We heard about an operation , we heard he had back problems, then a hip problem, then that he was going back to Roma to where he was more settled or some shyte like that, then he was back again and a second operation and now we are being told October?

TBH I was thinking that the medical staff think it is all in his head. Not good at all.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Glebee wrote: »

I was struggling to remember if it was his brother or his dog who had died

So it's on the record that we are not going to even try to compete with our rivals when it comes to wages.

So whats realistic this summer... Barkley, Zaha, Sakho?

I was kinda hoping we might make a move for Maherz or even Vardy, but both could quite easily sign for club more than willing to pay in excess of 120k per week wages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wouldn't want either of them at the club. They showed their true colours during the Ranieri debacle as far as i'm concerned. I know not everyone agree's, and it turned out well for the club, but that sort of behaviour is disgraceful imo. Like Hazard the year before last at Chelsea.

As for who we do sign, it'll be backup for the first squad with some young potential stars. Really can't see us doing much business at all.

We need a striker, cover for tripper if Walker leaves and a clever attacking midfielder as an alternative to Erikson or Alli. Possibly some cover in the middle of defence and an out and out winger if this debacle with Lamela continues and Sissoko is a stocking of sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hopefully we get our business wrapped up before transfer deadline day for once anyway.

As things stand I would like to see a new CB added. We regularly play a back 3 with Dier in there, so an addition there would leave Dier as first reserve for CB and DM.

We also need more cover in the attacking third. I've seen Josh King linked, and that type of player makes sense. Much like Son he would provide cover for Kane but also give us another option in the attacking midfield positions.

I would be fairly meh regarding Barkley. He fits our habit of finding value in players whose contract is winding down, and he is talented, but I could see him being another Bentley.

If one if the full backs leave then they would require replacing. Sessegnon at Fulham has been linked, and he along with Walker-Peters would provide good options if Walker or Rose left in a years time.

Getting rid of Sissoko should also be a priority.

Can anyone advise on what type of to youth talent we have coming through?
    By reports, Onomah played well in the World Cup in a deeper midfield position so he could be worth persevering with.
    Marcus Edwards was highly rated a year ago, any word on him?

Edit: Also, irregardless of position I think we could do with adding a bit of experience. Doesn't really fit our current philosophy, but someone who is used to winning trophies on a consistent basis in a big team environment. Carrick, if he was a few years younger would be the type of player I have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I wouldn't be surprised if Poch promotes a raft of youth team players instead of making signings. The likes of Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers, Onomah, Winks, and Edwards could all get more game time next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

I like the idea of Barkley (maybe Im the only one!). He was the next big thing a couple of years ago. Maybe Poch is the man to get the best from him. He is clearly talented and he is also experienced even at a young age. At worst he is good cover for Alli.
    Would have a similar view about Zaha. Was really impressed with him last year. Think he has finally matured into the player he promised a few years back. In a similar way to Bale he has bulked up hugely and is now very strong as well as fast and tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

West Brom for Vincent Janssen. [Independent]

I'd be a bit sad to see Vinny go, still think there's about a 35% chance he'll come good. Maybe it'll be a loan?

• Advertisement

A loan would be the perfect scenario. Five minute run out is pointless, I'd love him to prove the doubters wrong.

He has scored some great goals for Holland in the past, he cant be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

LLorente would be a great backup, send janssen out on loan to get to grips with the league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Any truth in rumours Lamella to go to Watford?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Antonio Conte is furious at the Chelsea board after #thfc hijacked their move for Fernando Llorente.

bd913e87812c8c5d48ba2eb0982b545fad47eec6e0c949ea376c6389a7b6b847.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Jannsen of to Fenerbahce on lone,hopefully he'll start scoring goals and come back to us a like a new striker,or maybe he'll flop again,hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

tippspur wrote: »
    Jannsen of to Fenerbahce on lone,hopefully he'll start scoring goals and come back to us a like a new striker,or maybe he'll flop again,hopefully not.

Safe to say he'll never make it at Spurs unfortunately, he's just not good enough. He wouldn't improve any decent team in the premiership imo on what I've seen of him.

I think Brighton might've been a good loan for him if he's to have a chance of making it in England. Pity. Hope he does well in Turkey but if he does we'll probably sell him anyway.

• Advertisement

Probably move to Barcelona via China in a couple of years.

All joking aside. You'd have to wonder about some of our purchases in the Poch Era... Not saying that poch is to blame but we have bought some lemons in the last few seasons. N'jie, ndouko, Janssen, Sissoko, Fazio. Think Wimmer came under AVB or Sherwood.

Advertisement