Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January transfer window rumors and gossip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It looks like there trying to do business early for once.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    It looks like there trying to do business early for once.

I'll believe it when i see something official :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im not sure about that one lads. I watched quite a bit of the french league and he is undoubtedly one of the most overrated players in it.

Also for 15 million?? Thats a huge amount for a player from the league. Id imagine Lazcazette from lyon would be a far better signing for not much more.

Or his strike partner gignac on a free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Ormus wrote: »
    True. He was only 21 when he left Blackpool, suffered from injuries and lost confidence.

I'm joking about him being the next John Barnes, but I think he is good.

Im hoping Del Ali will be the star of the show next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'd love if we signed Tom Ince.

Not expecting much support for that one. I know he flopped in the Premiership before, but I think he's matured.

Every week he's my bet of the week for any time goalscorer. He's down to 13/10 these days. I know he's in the championship, but he's a midfielder scoring for fun.

Saying that, I haven't seen much of him to see his all round play.

Watching Derby on Sky Sports 1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,628 ✭✭✭golfball37

Thomas Ince is in no way good enough to play for us.

We need a quality CM, one who can make do what Modric did for us. Mason and Bentaleb don't work well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I know there was a day's worth of talk about Lloris looking for Champions League football, but does anyone else get the feeling that most (if not all) of the players want to stay at Spurs and play for Poch next season??

Surely we should have heard rumours about Kane, Eriksen or Vertonghen looking for Champions League football by now - it just doesn't seem to be happening because the players' agents know the player wants to stay.

Mauricio Pochettino confirms he now has the final say in Tottenham's transfer dealings

“For all managers at all clubs, it is important on the players coming in that you always agreed with the club in signing these players. This is not only for me, but all managers.

“We have worked very hard in the last six months to identify our targets, to have a clear idea and picture, we analyse and assess all the situations to deliver in the summer.

You know you do not have much time to decide, the holidays are coming and we need to be ready to take the decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Kiith wrote: »
    We need a quality CM, one who can make do what Modric did for us. Mason and Bentaleb don't work well together.

What about James McCarthy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

slegs wrote: »
    What about James McCarthy?

Schneiderlin, Cabaye or Song maybe.

It'd be a very sideways move for McCarthy, notwithstanding Everton's current league position.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ormus wrote:

Ormus wrote:
    It'd be a very sideways move for McCarthy, notwithstanding Everton's current league position.

Song would be sideways imo.
    The others don't exactly fill me with excitement either but they would a step in the right direction...

Song would be sideways imo.
    The others don't exactly fill me with excitement either but they would a step in the right direction...

How is Barca to Spurs a sideways move? Or do you mean he wouldn't improve Spurs much? I agree he wouldn't be a massive upgrade.

I'd love if we got Cabaye. Would love Schneiderlin even more. You're not easily pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Out of those three I think I'd much prefer McCarthy.

Cabaye seems a bit mercenary. Schneiderlin I'm not entirely sure of but McCarthy rubs me up the right way. He seems hard working determined and doesn't moan.

Plus he's Irish.

Schneiderlin please....Poch knows him and, most importantly, wants him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Won't be a sideways move for McCarthy if he gets a better contract. We pay more than Everton

irishmover wrote: »
    Out of those three I think I'd much prefer McCarthy.

Cabaye seems a bit mercenary. Schneiderlin I'm not entirely sure of but McCarthy rubs me up the right way. He seems hard working determined and doesn't moan.

Plus he's Irish.

Fair enough. I don't think he's as good a footballer as the other two, but each to their own.

10 goals in the Bundesliga wouldn't exactly inspire me, but i'd be happy if we got him and shipped out Ade.

Nor me, I think he'll keep Soldado too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

"McCarthy rubs me up the right way"

Keep it clean Irishmover!

Ormus wrote:
    How is Barca to Spurs a sideways move? Or do you mean he wouldn't improve Spurs much? I agree he wouldn't be a massive upgrade.

Yeah. That's what I meant ... he wouldn't improve us much in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    "McCarthy rubs me up the right way"

Keep it clean Irishmover!

Thought I'd throw that in there somewhere. Just for giggles.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0514/701087-brad-friedel-announces-retirement/?

Friedel to retire at the end of the season. Great pro, wish him well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0514/701087-brad-friedel-announces-retirement/?

Friedel to retire at the end of the season. Great pro, wish him well.

Need to give him a few mins before season is over to set record

We should definitely give him some game time. I know we're still "fighting" for European football, but it would be a nice send off for him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

We should definitely give him some game time. I know we're still "fighting" for European football, but it would be a nice send off for him.

heh, I assumed we were all on board the avoid europa at all costs train?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think I smell sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Here we go, 45m kane to OT

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote:
    Here we go, 45m kane to OT

Hopefully they'll pay 50+

Then we can blow it all on some dodgy replacement ...( Roma will be rubbing their hands in antipacation) and we'll have an excuse when the players flop, we finish 7th again and Levy sacks Poch.

Advertisement